بھارت میں پٹرول کی قیمت پاکستانی کرنسی میں 222 روپے فی لیٹر؟

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
how old are you?
Will my age change the data? Let me clear one thing, I am not defending the petrol price in Pakistan but keep in mind in Alberta Canada we are paying around $1.13 per liter which is around Rs 143 per liter. Keep in mind Alberta Canada is the fourth largest oil exporter whereas Pakistan is oil importer.

Kavalier

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Will my age change the data? Let me clear one thing, I am not defending the petrol price in Pakistan but keep in mind in Alberta Canada we are paying around $1.13 per liter which is around Rs 143 per liter. Keep in mind Alberta Canada is the fourth largest oil exporter whereas Pakistan is oil importer.
Because i want to know whom I am talking to, you sent me a link telling me that in India, the daily wage of a worker is 74INR. I wonder if you have understood that report/order letter. Please Check that link again and then comment.

Kavalier

Can you please tell me what is the average per hour wage in Alberta Canada?

Okara

Because i want to know whom I am talking to, you sent me a link telling me that in India, the daily wage of a worker is 74INR. I wonder if you have understood that report/order letter. Please Check that link again and then comment.
U are absolutely right, I misread a wrong thing. I hope you will forgive me. Its my mistake the Avg Per Day is INR 356 per Days which is equivalent to Pak Rs 782 per day.

Kavalier

U are absolutely right, I misread a wrong thing. I hope you will forgive me. Its my mistake the Avg Per Day is INR 356 per Days which is equivalent to Pak Rs 782 per day.
So now you can reverse calculate the Indian oil prices in Pakistan Rupees and see if it comes to 67-70 Pak Rupees per liter or not??

Kavalier

$15 per hour.
8 hours a day work will bring the worker120 $ a day. One CAD is around 125 Pak Rupees, which makes it around 15,000 Pak Rupees wage per day. So compare that to 15,000 per month Salary of a Pakistani worker and please reverse calculate the Alberta oil prices in Pakistan rupees.

Okara

So now you can reverse calculate the Indian oil prices in Pakistan Rupees and see if it comes to 67-70 Pak Rupees per liter or not??
Lets assume if Price of Crude Oil is $50 per Barrel, doesn't mean that all importers will be paying the same amount?
This means if $50 per barrel is the cost of Crude Oil for Pakistan and India, why you think its okay for Indian to sell more?

Kavalier

Lets assume if Price of Crude Oil is $50 per Barrel, doesn't mean that all importers will be paying the same amount?
This means if $50 per barrel is the cost of Crude Oil for Pakistan and India, why you think its okay for Indian to sell more?
I wonder if I understood your question correctly, but if you are asking why India is selling the oil at a higher rate than Pakistan, then it is not India's or for that matter Canada's fault that our Rupee's value is so cheap. I guess you are still not getting the point, you cannot compare the prices between two countries just by converting them in Pak Rupees. And if you really want to do it, then I told you above how to do it. Do the reverse calculation and you will not see that India is selling at a higher price when compared to Pakistan, they are selling at 67 PKR per liter. If you calculate for Alberta, it will be even lesser, may be in range of 7-8 Pak Rupees per liter.

Okara

8 hours a day work will bring the worker120 $ a day. One CAD is around 125 Pak Rupees, which makes it around 15,000 Pak Rupees wage per day. So compare that to 15,000 per month Salary of a Pakistani worker and please reverse calculate the Alberta oil prices in Pakistan rupees.
Please help me understand how u are calculating price of petrol vs salary?
If Canadian Government/Pakistani Government is buy Oil for $50 per barrel and then Pakistan has to pay freight to bring into Pakistan where as in Canada its local so no freight this means the Crude Oil to Pakistan will be more than $50 per barrel.
After refining, if Canada is selling this oil for $1.13 whereas Pakistan is selling less than a dollar. Please help me understand where is the average income of a Canadian and Pakistan deciding this price?
From one barrel of oil on the average 120 litters of Petrol and Diesel kind extracted. The refining costs are around 13%.
This means if both Pakistan and India is paying $50 Per Barrel today, after adding refining cost it will turn to 56.5.
This means the cost of Petrol/Diesel at refinery is 47 cents. If we add transportation of 17% from Refinery to Petrol Pump, it will become 55 cents per litter. Lets assume Petrol Pump sale Margin is 5% thus the price comes to 57.75 cent per litter.
Now Pakistan is selling for 70.4 Cents per litter and India is selling for $1.25 per litter to consumer.
This means government of Pakistan is taking 12.65 Cents per liter where as government of India is taking 67.25 Cents per litter Tax.
Now help me understand how can government of Pakistan should decide the petrol price based on the Salary?

Okara

I wonder if I understood your question correctly, but if you are asking why India is selling the oil at a higher rate than Pakistan, then it is not India's or for that matter Canada's fault that our Rupee's value is so cheap. I guess you are still not getting the point, you cannot compare the prices between two countries just by converting them in Pak Rupees. And if you really want to do it, then I told you above how to do it. Do the reverse calculation and you will not see that India is selling at a higher price when compared to Pakistan, they are selling at 67 PKR per liter. If you calculate for Alberta, it will be even lesser, may be in range of 7-8 Pak Rupees per liter.
Please help me in this calculation by considering Oil Price for every country a $50 per barrel?

Kavalier

Please help me in this calculation by considering Oil Price for every country a $50 per barrel?
very simple reply to your question is that every country is buying in dollars but when it comes to sell in their country, they sell not in dollars, rather in their own currency. Now what matters is how strong a currency is against dollar, how good are the dollar reserves and finally what is the per capita income in dollars.
In your long calculation above, you again forgot that even if India is taking more taxes in dollar terms, what is their money's value against dollar and the other two three factors I listed above.
At the end of the day, all what matters to people of a country is inflation rate, which again will go to the above listed factors.
I hope you got it, if not then I have to go to the drawing board and list it with complete mathematics, economic terms and may be a few more examples.

Okara

very simple reply to your question is that every country is buying in dollars but when it comes to sell in their country, they sell not in dollars, rather in their own currency. Now what matters is how strong a currency is against dollar, how good are the dollar reserves and finally what is the per capita income in dollars.
In your long calculation above, you again forgot that even if India is taking more taxes in dollar terms, what is their money's value against dollar and the other two three factors I listed above.
At the end of the day, all what matters to people of a country is inflation rate, which again will go to the above listed factors.
I hope you got it, if not then I have to go to the drawing board and list it with complete mathematics, economic terms and may be a few more examples.
In ur opinion at what price petrol should be sold in Pakistan in pak rupees?

Kavalier

In ur opinion at what price petrol should be sold in Pakistan in pak rupees?

well, that is not an easy question to answer because of the poor economy and even poorer economic policies. On top of that, IMF and other world institutes force their terms and conditions. So if we say that petrol should be sold at around 67 to 70 Pak rupees to have the same sort of prices as India, then it is pretty hard for the government to run its day to day business (the government lives on the taxes) because of no real source of income. On the other hand, failing to generate any economic activity means that common people are either jobless or are earning one third in comparison to others workers in the region.
The situation and problem is more complex than what most of us think. Some might ask now what has for example military intervention to do with our current economic condition. Some others may say that how come the religious extremism is responsible for our poor economy. Trust me, the core of our problems is more inside than outside and when we say inside, there is only one player who has brought us to this point and has given us all these gifts of extremism, intolerance, incompetent politicians, sham democracy, shameless judicial and police, political instability and economic slavery. Do I need to name the player, all of us know, it is just that for our petty benefits or because of illogical political rivalry, we always try to defend it, by hook or crook.
So first step my brother is to analyse and accept the root cause, until then me and you can play words and numbers games on internet but that won't change a single bit. It will only go worse and worse.

Okara

well, that is not an easy question to answer because of the poor economy and even poorer economic policies. On top of that, IMF and other world institutes force their terms and conditions. So if we say that petrol should be sold at around 67 to 70 Pak rupees to have the same sort of prices as India, then it is pretty hard for the government to run its day to day business (the government lives on the taxes) because of no real source of income. On the other hand, failing to generate any economic activity means that common people are either jobless or are earning one third in comparison to others workers in the region.
The situation and problem is more complex than what most of us think. Some might ask now what has for example military intervention to do with our current economic condition. Some others may say that how come the religious extremism is responsible for our poor economy. Trust me, the core of our problems is more inside than outside and when we say inside, there is only one player who has brought us to this point and has given us all these gifts of extremism, intolerance, incompetent politicians, sham democracy, shameless judicial and police, political instability and economic slavery. Do I need to name the player, all of us know, it is just that for our petty benefits or because of illogical political rivalry, we always try to defend it, by hook or crook.
So first step my brother is to analyse and accept the root cause, until then me and you can play words and numbers games on internet but that won't change a single bit. It will only go worse and worse.
Lets assume, you are not PTI lead government who is making decision on the petrol price rather your are a businessman whose business is to import oil, refine it and sell it through your distribution network.
Lets assume you bought the oil at $67 per barrel. The shipping cost is not huge lets add $1 per barrel. So once it arrived at Port the cost of crude oil is $68 per barrel. Lets assume the refining cost is 13% so total price to u be around $77 per barrel.
This barrel will produce 170 litters of refined products which we can call petrol, diesel etc. Now add another $1 for transportation from refinery to point of sale. This means at petrol pump ur cost is 46 Cents / liters. This is Rs 73 per liter. This means if you don't charge any profit or government don't impose any Tax the least you can go is Rs 73/liter. Now tell me are you going to pay running expenses from your pocket to run petrol pump? If yes then you are right to ask PTI government to sell the petrol on loss because our currency is weaker than Indian Currency which I still don't understand.

Kavalier

Lets assume, you are not PTI lead government who is making decision on the petrol price rather your are a businessman whose business is to import oil, refine it and sell it through your distribution network.
Lets assume you bought the oil at $67 per barrel. The shipping cost is not huge lets add $1 per barrel. So once it arrived at Port the cost of crude oil is $68 per barrel. Lets assume the refining cost is 13% so total price to u be around $77 per barrel.
This barrel will produce 170 litters of refined products which we can call petrol, diesel etc. Now add another $1 for transportation from refinery to point of sale. This means at petrol pump ur cost is 46 Cents / liters. This is Rs 73 per liter. This means if you don't charge any profit or government don't impose any Tax the least you can go is Rs 73/liter. Now tell me are you going to pay running expenses from your pocket to run petrol pump? If yes then you are right to ask PTI government to sell the petrol on loss because our currency is weaker than Indian Currency which I still don't understand.

No where did I say that we should sell it for Rs 73 per litre. I explained in my last post that the comparative prices are still high in Pakistan because of the bad economy and worse policies.

Otherwise, if you just look at the oil prices in isolation, then Pakistan is like a Paradise, because we are selling petrol at one of the cheapest prices in the world. Then there should be no hue and cry at all, everyone, including you and me should come and settle in Pakistan as the petrol in west is like 300 Pak Rs per litre whereas in Pakistan it is only 120 Rs per litre. But why you won't come? Because we cannot see the petrol prices in isolation, one has to take the whole picture and then decide if petrol is cheap or costly in a certain country. Why people do not protest in Canada that petrol prices are so high as compared to Pakistan? Because when it is compared to their income per capita, it is still reasonable, whereas in Pakistan, the price is high for a common man because of lower income per capita.

Whole discussion started from the basic fact that someone said, India is selling oil at a higher price (that is in Pak Rupees), but he did not properly mention that how much an average indian is earning in Pak Rupees. Only the reverse calculation can give the exact comparison and with that calculation, India is selling oil at 67-70 Pak Rupees per litre.

Okara

No where did I say that we should sell it for Rs 73 per litre. I explained in my last post that the comparative prices are still high in Pakistan because of the bad economy and worse policies.

Otherwise, if you just look at the oil prices in isolation, then Pakistan is like a Paradise, because we are selling petrol at one of the cheapest prices in the world. Then there should be no hue and cry at all, everyone, including you and me should come and settle in Pakistan as the petrol in west is like 300 Pak Rs per litre whereas in Pakistan it is only 120 Rs per litre. But why you won't come? Because we cannot see the petrol prices in isolation, one has to take the whole picture and then decide if petrol is cheap or costly in a certain country. Why people do not protest in Canada that petrol prices are so high as compared to Pakistan? Because when it is compared to their income per capita, it is still reasonable, whereas in Pakistan, the price is high for a common man because of lower income per capita.

Whole discussion started from the basic fact that someone said, India is selling oil at a higher price (that is in Pak Rupees), but he did not properly mention that how much an average indian is earning in Pak Rupees. Only the reverse calculation can give the exact comparison and with that calculation, India is selling oil at 67-70 Pak Rupees per litre.
Please help me understand how India is selling petrol between Pak Rs 67-70 per liter?
Please provide some calculations.

Kavalier

Please help me understand how India is selling petrol between Pak Rs 67-70 per liter?
Please provide some calculations.
Sir I did it above, more than once.... please have a look in previous posts, if you need, then I will do it again.