رمیز راجہ کی آج وزیراعظم عمران خان سے ملاقات متوقع

Missa Kaswal

MPA (400+ posts)
disagreements aside.... sehti was doing absolutely amazing job chairman PCB.... PSL was a dream which came true when he was chairman PCB, the most of the todays national team players are products of PSL, it revived cricket in pakistan... i dont like sehti because of his partial political views but he did great job chairman PCB...

Bubber Shair

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
رمیز راجہ ایک کمپئیر، ایکسپرٹ اور بہت اچھا کھلاڑی بھی رہا ہے انڈیا میں بھی چئرمین ایک کرکٹر ہے امید ہے کہ یہ تجربہ بہت کامیاب رہے گا
پہلے رمیض راجہ چیف سلیکٹر تھا تو اس نے خود استعفی دے دیا تھا کیونکہ اس کا شوق کمپئرنگ تھا آج تک کسی چیف سلیکٹر نے خود استعفی نہین دیا اب بھی رمیض کو دونوں کام کرنے کی چھوٹ ہونی چاہئے

Reactions: Rio

Kavalier

Everyone admits that Sethi was the best in PCB but as usual we have our biases so we feel it obligatory that we should somehow oppose him.

PakGem

Minister (2k+ posts)
disagreements aside.... sehti was doing absolutely amazing job chairman PCB.... PSL was a dream which came true when he was chairman PCB, the most of the todays national team players are products of PSL, it revived cricket in pakistan... i dont like sehti because of his partial political views but he did great job chairman PCB...

Sethi was operating in a similar style as Shehbaz Sharif. Gimmicks rather than real work. He was working more for India than Pakistan.

Apart from the PSL, he did nothing for Pak Cricket and destroyed Pak cricket. Following are lists of his incompetences,

* No Money for the Grassroot Cricket.

* Despite the 6 Seasons of the PSL, we aren't getting any talented batsmen, bowlers because NS did nothing on the Grassroot levels. No National Academies, High-Performance Centers, Stadiums were built.

No U19, U16, U23, A Tours were arranged. Not enough quality Coaches were provided to the Grassroot level.

They didn't even spend on Kookubura Balls.

* Accepted Big Three and given a Free ride to India to sideline Pakistan in the International arena.

* Kept insisting with the Pathetic Quality Domestic structure consisting of 16 teams and Domestic Tournament played on Green Tops with third grade locally made Duke Balls. They didn't even spend on Kookubura Balls. This destroyed Test Batsmanship, deprived of real spinners development (which didn't come into the play due to green tops), and Fast bowlers (as trundlers were good enough to rip through the opposition).

* PSL & Pak Cricket Media Rights to GEO Group.

Last edited:

@@@O.P

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
رمیز راجہ ایک کمپئیر، ایکسپرٹ اور بہت اچھا کھلاڑی بھی رہا ہے انڈیا میں بھی چئرمین ایک کرکٹر ہے امید ہے کہ یہ تجربہ بہت کامیاب رہے گا
پہلے رمیض راجہ چیف سلیکٹر تھا تو اس نے خود استعفی دے دیا تھا کیونکہ اس کا شوق کمپئرنگ تھا آج تک کسی چیف سلیکٹر نے خود استعفی نہین دیا اب بھی رمیض کو دونوں کام کرنے کی چھوٹ ہونی چاہئے
He was good player? What did you even see him play?

@@@O.P

How many new playwrs were given.chances by this new set up, many. The higgest thing theyndid was work on grass root and now every district has its own coach. The amount of money they invested in grassroot was.never done by pcb. The results will be seen jn few years but as always everyone wanta results overnight

alisajid

Senator (1k+ posts)
It will be a mIs take I guess. In my view PCB should be run like a corporate. A cricketer although understands cricket but being a chairman there are many tasks which require managerial skills rather then cricketing skills. You need to tackle law suits, fixtures, tours, scouting, selection , training, infra structure development, lobbying etc. And to do all that you need a person who has worked as CEO of a multinational company.....then only you can produce good results....just hire a good Pakistani CEO and ask him to run PCB like a corporate. Performance based compensation for every role.

@@@O.P

Sethi was operating in a similar style as Shehbaz Sharif. Gimmicks rather than real work. He was working more for India than Pakistan.

Apart from the PSL, he did nothing for Pak Cricket and destroyed Pak cricket. Following are lists of his incompetences,

a) Despite the 6 Seasons of the PSL, we aren't getting any talented batsmen, bowlers because NS did nothing on the Grassroot levels. No National Academies, High-Performance Centers, Stadiums were built.

No U19, U16, U23, A Tours were arranged. Not enough quality Coaches were provided to the Grassroot level.

They didn't even spend on Kookubura Balls.

b) Accepted Big Three and given a Free ride to India to sideline Pakistan in the International arena.

c) Kept insisting with the Pathetic Quality Domestic structure consisting of 16 teams and Domestic Tournament played on Green Tops with third grade locally made Duke Balls. They didn't even spend on Kookubura Balls. This destroyed Test Batsmanship, deprived of real spinners development (which didn't come into the play due to green tops), and Fast bowlers (as trundlers were good enough to rip through the opposition).
1.Hardly any investment at grass root level.
2. No investment at coaching departments.
Without these two how can you expext to compete with other countries.

@@@O.P

It will be a mIs take I guess. In my view PCB should be run like a corporate. A cricketer although understands cricket but being a chairman there are many tasks which require managerial skills rather then cricketing skills. You need to tackle law suits, fixtures, tours, scouting, selection , training, infra structure development, lobbying etc. And to do all that you need a person who has worked as CEO of a multinational company.....then only you can produce good results....just hire a good Pakistani CEO and ask him to run PCB like a corporate. Performance based compensation for every role.
This is how its being run now, many pcb officals are let goo due to their incompetence. Mani and Waseem did wonderfull job ar grass root levels and devolpment of coaches and cricketers. These things kne will not see unless they research it

@@@O.P

Everyone admits that Sethi was the best in PCB but as usual we have our biases so we feel it obligatory that we should somehow oppose him.
The only thjng hendid was psl and that too his company had all the media rights which it sold to other and made $$$.

What elae he has.done for Pakistan cricket, please tell us?

FahadBhatti

I absolutely despise cricket but for a system to produce results you need to give it time. The new domestic system wont produce results overnight , it may take 5 years. But one thing is worrying that selectors are picking cricketers based on a single season in domestic of a few games in PSL. At least three seasons should be a minimum to pick a player , they picked abdullah shafique in tesy squad based on a single domestic 4 day game , this is killing merit. Now the guy missed the whole domestic season and not likely to get a go in test side either. Poor selection policies are hurting the team.

Bubber Shair

He was good player? What did you even see him play?
یوٹیوب پر اسکی ویڈیوز دیکھی ہیں بہت عمدہ ٹیکنیک سے اوپننگ کرتا تھا
صرف کھیل ہی نہیں سالہا سال تک کمپئیرنگ اور تجزئیے کرنے کے بعد اسے بہت زیادہ تجربہ ہے اور باولنگ و بیٹنگ میں نئی ٹیکنیکس جو اس دور میں ضروری ہین جانتا ہے

@@@O.P

یوٹیوب پر اسکی ویڈیوز دیکھی ہیں بہت عمدہ ٹیکنیک سے اوپننگ کرتا تھا
صرف کھیل ہی نہیں سالہا سال تک کمپئیرنگ اور تجزئیے کرنے کے بعد اسے بہت زیادہ تجربہ ہے اور باولنگ و بیٹنگ میں نئی ٹیکنیکس جو اس دور میں ضروری ہین جانتا ہے
Go see his average, as cricketer he was medicoere. Him taking personal shot with players on twiter are worying sign.

Kavalier

What "best" things Sethi did for PCB? Please enlighten.
Are you really sure that you do not know it and are just burning because of a political bias? I tell you a few things and then you please enlighten me what Mani or others did.

1. Pakistan became number 1 test team
2. Pakistan was number 1 T20 team for a considerable period of time
3. Pakistan won a world event after decades
4. Cricket started coming back home
5. Pakistan fought for its best in the big3 issue and instead of being sidelined, got its due share
6. PSL not just became a reality but became the only brand of Pakistan in the whole world in last 50/60 years

Rest of the stuff is also known to you all but I will spare it for now. I might also have political differences with him on certain issues but where it is due, one should give it to him.