شرح سود میں توقعات سے زیادہ اضافہ، مہنگائی مزید بڑھنے کا خدشہ : حفیظ پاشا

pasha.jpg

سابق وزیر خزانہ حفیظ پاشا نے شرح سود میں توقعات سے زائد اضافے کو اسٹیٹ بینک آف پاکستان کی پریشانی قرار دیدیا ہے اور کہا ہے کہ اس اقدام سے مہنگائی میں شدید اضافے کا امکان ہے۔

نجی ٹی وی چینل جیو نیوز کے پروگرام "آج شاہزیب خانزادہ کے ساتھ" میں خصوصی گفتگو کرتے ہوئے سابق وزیر خزانہ حفیظ پاشا نے کہا کہ اسٹیٹ بینک کی جانب سے جاری کردہ مانیٹری پالیسی کو پڑھ کر ایسا لگا ہے کہ اسٹیٹ بینک کافی زیادہ پریشان ہے اس کی وجہ مالی سال کے پہلے چار ماہ میں کرنٹ اکاؤنٹ خسارے کا پانچ ارب ڈالر سے زائد ہوجانا ہے۔

انہوں نے کہا کہ اگر ایسا ہی چلتا رہا تو سال کا مالی خسارہ 15 ارب ڈالر تک پہنچ جائے گا یا بالکل بس سے باہر ہے، اسی خسارے کو کم کرنے کیلئے اسٹیٹ بینک نے شرح سود میں اتنا اضافہ کیا ہے کیونکہ اگر ایسا نہ کیا گیا تو روپے کی قدر میں مزید کمی واقع ہوسکتی ہے، یہ کافی پریشان کن صورتحال ہے۔

حفیظ پاشا نے کہ افراط زر کی رفتار 17فیصد تک پہنچ چکی ہے، خدشہ ہے کہ ملک میں مہنگائی کی شرح 10 فیصد تک پہنچ جائے گی، اور اگر حکومت روپے کی قدر میں مزید کمی کرتی ہے تو افراط زر میں مزید اضافہ ہوگا کمی نہیں ہوگی۔​

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Congratulations Hafeez Pasha Sahib on becoming next Finance Minister of Pakistan.
As a PTI supporter I salute to my leader being visionary on selecting competent people like Mr BuZdar on important positions.

mskhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
It would arrest inflation. As for expensive, it will not affect core.products
Exactly, increasing interest rate reduces inflation as it slows the availability of capital in the economy, its down side is slowing of economic growth.

who is this idiot.

Will_Bite

Congratulations Hafeez Pasha Sahib on becoming next Finance Minister of Pakistan.
As a PTI supporter I salute to my leader being visionary on selecting competent people like Mr BuZdar on important positions.

Sarcasm aside, Shahbaz Sharif made us used to reactionary politics. Flooded road? Hes there to 'fix the road'. Long wait at the traffic light? Hes there to build a flyover. Jammed ferozpur road? Hes there to build a metro on it.....so its natural that Punjab residents in general have been tuned to a councilor style chief minister, who served more as a mayor of lahore than the CM of Punjab.

Buzdar doesnt work that way. He sure must have his flaws, but we need to get out of the shahbaz cycle. His work was harmful for the province....good for lahore.

Okara

Sarcasm aside, Shahbaz Sharif made us used to reactionary politics. Flooded road? Hes there to 'fix the road'. Long wait at the traffic light? Hes there to build a flyover. Jammed ferozpur road? Hes there to build a metro on it.....so its natural that Punjab residents in general have been tuned to a councilor style chief minister, who served more as a mayor of lahore than the CM of Punjab.

Buzdar doesnt work that way. He sure must have his flaws, but we need to get out of the shahbaz cycle. His work was harmful for the province....good for lahore.
My dear politics is an optics. This means jo dikhta woh bikta hay.
We know Shahbaz did lot of corruption but people still thinking he was a better Manager. In my views Shahbaz was a good actor and worst human but still he can won election against Buzdar quite easily.
In terms of Finance Minister, our leader IK's selection criteria who so ever start criticizing government on economy will be made minister for Six months. As current FM is not Senator so his time of removal is very close so Hafeez Pasha who was a former FM of Pakistan and criticizing government on its economic policy will be our next FM?

Will_Bite

My dear politics is an optics. This means jo dikhta woh bikta hay.
We know Shahbaz did lot of corruption but people still thinking he was a better Manager. In my views Shahbaz was a good actor and worst human but still he can won election against Buzdar quite easily.
In terms of Finance Minister, our leader IK's selection criteria who so ever start criticizing government on economy will be made minister for Six months. As current FM is not Senator so his time of removal is very close so Hafeez Pasha who was a former FM of Pakistan and criticizing government on its economic policy will be our next FM?
This policy of optics is what has kept Pakistan from getting to even the first step of normalcy. Our people vote for the person who promises to fix potholes on the road in front of their house.....that is optics + illiteracy....and is not healthy for the country. This trend needs to change..

The FM issue is a sad one. I dont entirely disagree with the current fiscal policies, but I belong to the Asad Umar school of thought. I think removing him was a mistake..... noone else could have managed COVID as well as Asad Umar did as head of NCOC......but he should have remained Fin Min.