عمران خان اغیار کے نرغے میں

Sirphira

Minister (2k+ posts)
x17022_13607728.jpg.pagespeed.ic.GUxOOW8YTQ.jpg

fnoman

Senator (1k+ posts)
With all due respect to Orya Maqbool sahab, But in todays world English is considered an International language. Understanding and speaking English language gives you an edge and exposure to world. Math, Physics, Chemistry etc. These subjects must be taught in English because most of the research in these subjects is being done in English Language.

jason

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
With all due respect to Orya Maqbool sahab, But in todays world English is considered an International language. Understanding and speaking English language gives you an edge and exposure to world. Math, Physics, Chemistry etc. These subjects must be taught in English because most of the research in these subjects is being done in English Language.
first consider what the columnist is trying to say?
English speaking countries USA,Canada,UK,Australia and New Zealand.
Other than these english is not a teaching medium or else we should adopt English as our national language.A child born in Pakistan thinks in Urdu or Punjabi or whatever his mother language.They have to learn English at a very early age and then learn the subject instead of learning the subject so it is a double birden for the children.

patriot

Minister (2k+ posts)
You're right, English is an international language and we should learn to speak and understand it.It is a must in todays world.
But not at the expense of our own national language.
If we want to create one nation we must also have a national language,which in Pakistan is Urdu. Even Quid e Azam wanted it to be our national language.

Do we always have to imitate others like monkeys .

values

I am agree that today our medium should be English. Its not China or Germany,where they have Ph.D in their language and all scientific terms are in German,or Chinees.Orya Sahib,now want Urdu Medium ,so can they translate biology,physics,chemistry,MBBS ,Engineering ,accounting,nuclear Physics,Pharmaceutical ,Bio-Technology courses in Urdu. Orya Sahib,u only can do all these when You have established,international level Labs.Otherwise ,you are saying to keep this nation in dark ages.
We love Urdu ,but technology never love any language.Translate only ,Mobile Phone,in Urdu and if you translate than I can ask you that how many in this country can understand it.
So first educate nation and give them Technology,Labs,Research,Scientist and than translate your research into Urdu.

Mojo-jojo

Minister (2k+ posts)
اگر انگریزی کو ایک لازمی مضمون کے طور پر صحیح طریقے اور محنت سے پڑھایا جائے تو بچوں میں انگریزی کی اچھی استعداد پیدا ہوسکتی ہے- اسکول کی سطح پر تو سارے مضامین مادری زبان میں ہی پڑھانا بہتر ہوگا البتہ کالج اور یونیورسٹی کی سطح پر انگریزی کو ذریعہ تعلیم رہنے دیا جائے کیونکہ فی الحال ان مضامین کا میٹرئیل انگریزی میں آسانی سے دستیاب ہےاور باہر کے ممالک میں جاکر کام کرنے یا اعلیٰ تعلیم حاصل کرنے میں اس سے آسانی پیدا ہوتی ہے

k.a.kiani

Minister (2k+ posts)
there are lots of things debatable in this column. I don't doubt intentions of Orya Maqbool Jann of writing this column because he is, no doubtedly, honest and patriotic pakistani. But I don't doubt the intentions of Imran as well. I have heard imran answering this question and he said that we have to put education emergency. we can't halt education of our students until all the syllabus will be translated into urdu. so till that students will have to compete in the world so how they gonna do it??? if Mr Jan can give estimated time of such a big translation then I could accept his emotional argument. secondly, when arab translated books written in different language then it was not that much to translate as it is now. world of science has progressed so much and lots of books have been written in english so you can't survive without english. I don't know why we were given examples of chinese and japanese. I studied in University of london where lots of chinese studied with me and they didn't study books in chinese but in english. It means they knew how to read these books in English. I love my Urdu but Urdu itself is mixture of different language. I don't think our nationalism is in danger because of studying in english but our nationalism will be endangered if we stop speaking and teaching in Urdu to our kids. I studied in english but still understand and love urdu poetry and literature. Don't forget the person who founded pakistan, he could not speak Urdu initially but look what he did? would you doubt of his nationalism? Language is part of nationalism but nationalism is not only in language. I am sure if these books were still written in arabic and if Imran made arabic compulsory then Orya sir would not have written this column.

In old times, books were not only translated in arabic but there were lots of achievement of muslim scientists. this is very reason people learnt arabic and studied things in arabic. if they boycotted arabic, they would never have reached at this stage.

Finally, I would want to Mr Jan that when you would want to translate everything in Urdu, you will nee lot of man power who could understand urdu and english both. I strongly believe this can not happen without studying things in English.

I love my Urdu and love my pakistan

Last edited:

optimistic

Senator (1k+ posts)
Totally agreed to how Orya sahib looked at it but Orya sahib with all due respect if we will bring Urdu medium system there will be a further dip in our educational system since we will need to translate whole alot of material in Urdu, its better to start translating syllabus in Urdu and implement it after 4 5 years once its done, the first step for now is to bring a coherence between private and govt schools, this can only be done by switching priv. schools to the english medium for time being.

topotop

Senator (1k+ posts)
bechara orya maqbol jan is ka yeh column bhi 3 ya 4 din baad dustbin ka hisa ban jaye ga hum ghulam they hain aur rahain gey humey app badalney ki koshish na karain imran khan sahab bhi ishi ghulamana soch ke malik hain aur ishi ghulamana mulk ke shehri hain app un ko baghawat ki baatain bata rahey hain aur thora saber kijiyeh in ki party ke jiyaley social media main app ko bharpoor galiyoon se nawazain gey

sensible

english ko aik subject ke tor pe parhana ya parhna koi mamnooh nahien .laikin ager english ko hi medium bana lien ge tu hamari zuban apni mout app mar jaaie gi.iss baat samjhien jo ORIYA SAHIB ne kahi .iss ka nuqsaan yeh hai ke hamare log jo dusre mulkoon mien jaate hien un ke waldain gharoon mien apni zuban bolte hien laikin jo un ka zareeha hai tahleem ka uss ki wajah se woh bache apne mulk ki zuban nahien bol paa rahe.

WatanDost

Oriya Sahab Main aap ki Baat sai mutafiq hoon, laikin
es Qoam ko LOW dose per lai kar Chalnay ki Zaroorat hai,
Batadreejh DOSE main Izzafa kia jana Majboori hai.

Nahi tow En ko Doara e Shadeed ka Ehtamaal hai,
Pehlay hi TTP kai Saath Muzakraat ko lai kar KHOONI Ishaal
Zoar o Shoar sai chal rahay hain.

jaanmark

Due with all respect Mr. orya Jan Saab, your education needs more education .

Education is meaningless if there is no hope in it that is called light of hope and that is Imran Khan is doing i thinks , Imran Khan is absolute right

210akash

Senator (1k+ posts)
Hamre moshare mai kahrabi to zaroor hai aur ya kahrabi salo se chalti aa rai hai , wo is liye ke hum ne kabhi koi dosra system ya is ko badlne ka soacha tak nai. PTI is ko change karne ki koshah kar rai hai aur har cheez ko badle mai time lagta hai. Imran khan jab bhe pakistan mai hote hai to sire se he pata nai chalta ke ya insan angrazo mai itna maqbool hai aur is ne apni zayda tar zindigi bahir he guzari hai.

sjpti

Minister (2k+ posts)
first consider what the columnist is trying to say?
English speaking countries USA,Canada,UK,Australia and New Zealand.
Other than these english is not a teaching medium or else we should adopt English as our national language.A child born in Pakistan thinks in Urdu or Punjabi or whatever his mother language.They have to learn English at a very early age and then learn the subject instead of learning the subject so it is a double birden for the children.

a child is always quick to learn give him facilities and any child can learn how many languages u want him to learn its about giving him proper facilities only

HHH...

Senator (1k+ posts)
OMJ sucks

If creation need mother language only, then we have to translate all the material in Punjabi, Pashtu, Saraiki, Balochi, Sindhi, Hindko etc.
National language URDU is as new as english for us.
I am Pashtu speaking, and had learnt urdu punjabi and english in school, so for me Pashtu is must for being creative, isn't it?
All other languages including Urdu, punjabi english are same and new for me.

there love my pakistan