عمران خان کے 6 دن کیلئے دھرنا ملتوی کرنے کے پیچھے اصل کہانی کیاہے؟

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
just watch. it will be soon .. I think they are meeting next week.
er..the meeting was 18-25th May.
They asked govt to remove subsidy and also increase taxes in next budget.

Now IMF are waiting for reply and seeing what the budget looks like.

Ball is in PDM heroes court....

Siberite

Why shoebaz want to stick with PM ship for one year...
Important decisions need to be taken . One of them was about overseas vote , the second for EVM. IMF deal electoral reform and then the election call.

Last edited:

Siberite

er..the meeting was 18-25th May.
They asked govt to remove subsidy and also increase taxes in next budget.

Now IMF are waiting for reply and seeing what the budget looks like.

Ball is in PDM heroes court....
They are meeting next week . They may have to settle somewhere in middle.

surfer

They are meeting next week . They may have to settle somewhere in middle.
Any link to this meeting next week? "Continuing discussions" is just boilerplate language....

As I understand IMF have given them a few days to confirm if they are removing fuel subsidy or not? But's thats not the only bone of contention. Lets see what choice the PDM heroes make....

"Another source having direct knowledge of the conversations said that the IMF was not looking the fuel subsidies in isolation rather it would be a package deal involving decisions on two key issues, first the withdrawal of fuel subsidies and then agreement on the next year’s budget.

The impression that the IMF got from discussions with the Pakistani delegation was that the government wanted immediate disbursement of the loan but was not ready to do anything meaningful, said the sources.

The delay in release of the IMF tranche has also held back the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank and other bilateral creditors from committing new loans to Pakistan.

Both the sides could not bridge gaps on the issues of primary budget balance, revenue target, power subsidies’ withdrawal plan, the extent of provincial cash surpluses, the need for any fiscal adjusters and the external financing requirements."

Siberite

Any link to this meeting next week? "Continuing discussions" is just boilerplate language....

As I understand IMF have given them a few days to confirm if they are removing fuel subsidy or not? But's thats not the only bone of contention. Lets see what choice the PDM heroes make....

"Another source having direct knowledge of the conversations said that the IMF was not looking the fuel subsidies in isolation rather it would be a package deal involving decisions on two key issues, first the withdrawal of fuel subsidies and then agreement on the next year’s budget.

The impression that the IMF got from discussions with the Pakistani delegation was that the government wanted immediate disbursement of the loan but was not ready to do anything meaningful, said the sources.

The delay in release of the IMF tranche has also held back the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank and other bilateral creditors from committing new loans to Pakistan.

Both the sides could not bridge gaps on the issues of primary budget balance, revenue target, power subsidies’ withdrawal plan, the extent of provincial cash surpluses, the need for any fiscal adjusters and the external financing requirements."

Siberite

Interesting watch:

surfer

Interesting watch:

LOL. I'm not one for being in an echo chamber, but bro, please at least try to find someone who is even a little bit neutral (can't even use this word anymore without alluding to God knows what)...

I remember this guy was so concerned about dollar rupee rate and price of tomatoes in previous govt, but now he is fully satisfied ?

surfer

This news is from 24th May
Talks concluded on 25th May

The news on 24th you posted makes no mention of any meeting "next week", and IMF official release pretty much negated any optimism Murtaza Syed was showing.

Look it's very simple.....IMF have said no progress until subsidy is removed, plus some other things.

Miftah said he will not remove subsidy, govt doesn't want to, Shahbaz doesn't want to, Nawaz doesn't want to. (despite saying to IMF in early may that they will - which apparently angered IMF reps as thats what they had reported to their management),

So if Miftah couldn't get IMF to budge this week, what can he say next week (at this alleged meeting or any other meeting)?

jigrot

Minister (2k+ posts)
I can't think why IK wants to become a PM ? What he could have done in last one year , which he didn't do for his last 4 years. Siapa hi hai .
When you get the answer of all these questions you will start supporting IK. Think objectively

Siberite

When you get the answer of all these questions you will start supporting IK. Think objectively
I supported this ass very early. I am still regretting it. This guy is a drama baaz. Not that others are better, but I know him well. He is too fickle , can never trust his Judgment and believe on his words. Shida Tilly is an example how crook this guy is .

Siberite

This news is from 24th May
Talks concluded on 25th May

The news on 24th you posted makes no mention of any meeting "next week", and IMF official release pretty much negated any optimism Murtaza Syed was showing.

Look it's very simple.....IMF have said no progress until subsidy is removed, plus some other things.

Miftah said he will not remove subsidy, govt doesn't want to, Shahbaz doesn't want to, Nawaz doesn't want to. (despite saying to IMF in early may that they will - which apparently angered IMF reps as thats what they had reported to their management),

So if Miftah couldn't get IMF to budge this week, what can he say next week (at this alleged meeting or any other meeting)?
As far as meeting is concern , it was said at the conclusion of the meeting that they will meet next week . The talks may still be ongoing . Not really a big deal if they don't talk next week .

Miftah doesn't want to lift the subsidies at once. No one will do it . They agree to lift the subsidy in stages . IMF doesn't like it.

IMF is not run by infants . They already know it . Its the USA who will play as a broker.

jigrot

Minister (2k+ posts)
I supported this ass very early. I am still regretting it. This guy is a drama baaz. Not that others are better, but I know him well. He is too fickle , can never trust his Judgment and believe on his words. Shida Tilly is an example how crook this guy is .
I think He is still a better option.

surfer

As far as meeting is concern , it was said at the conclusion of the meeting that they will meet next week . The talks may still be ongoing . Not really a big deal if they don't talk next week .

Miftah doesn't want to lift the subsidies at once. No one will do it . They agree to lift the subsidy in stages . IMF doesn't like it.

IMF is not run by infants . They already know it . Its the USA who will play as a broker.
started