مسجد القصیٰ کو آگ لگا دی گئی

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
The article says it has an efficiency rate of 90%, also the news says that at least one rocket made it to the target.

On the other hand, I have every reason to doubt the damages caused are misreported by the media.
These rockets are basically nothing but fancy fireworks, light weight unguided tiny warheads made in sheds in Gaza, even if they make it through, doesn't mean they are going to hit anything and even if they do, the damage is minimal, unless they hit soft targets.

Misreported most probably but not like you think because every Israeli casualty and fatality is blared across all western media, it goes against their cause to report smaller numbers. More likely they over report the damage and casualty figures rather than under report them, because Israelis love to play the victim to gain international sympathy and justify their actions.

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
These rockets are basically nothing but fancy fireworks, light weight unguided tiny warheads made in sheds in Gaza, even if they make it through, doesn't mean they are going to hit anything and even if they do, the damage is minimal, unless they hit soft targets.

Misreported most probably but not like you think because every Israeli casualty and fatality is blared across all western media, it goes against their cause to report smaller numbers. More likely they over report the damage and casualty figures rather than under report them, because Israelis love to play the victim to gain international sympathy and justify their actions.
non-linear.jpg

Notice the non linear trajectory of these rockets.

Glass-thickness.jpg

Notice the thickness of the glass destroyed.

The dome of iron has a reputation of not being as effective against projectiles having a non linear trajectory as otherwise.

Also by looking at the thickness of the glass which was shattered just by the shock wave (I presume it as I don't see any other damages in this compound and no splinters have also been captured in the footage), it appears to me that the blast was not as weak as one might think.

You are right that in order to play the victim card, Israelis do over report the damages, usually. However, it also depends on the time and the nature of event. Right now, they don't want to look weak in the response as to keep the morale of their people high. Once this is over, you will see how the numbers of casualties will spiral.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
non-linear.jpg

Notice the non linear trajectory of these rockets.

Glass-thickness.jpg

Notice the thickness of the glass destroyed.

The dome of iron has a reputation of not being as effective against projectiles having a non linear trajectory as otherwise.

Also by looking at the thickness of the glass which was shattered just by the shock wave (I presume it as I don't see any other damages in this compound and no splinters have also been captured in the footage), it appears to me that the blast was not as weak as one might think.

You are right that in order to play the victim card, Israelis do over report the damages, usually. However, it also depends on the time and the nature of event. Right now, they don't want to look weak in the response as to keep the morale of their people high. Once this is over, you will see how the numbers of casualties will spiral.
Just like shurlis these rockets also fly all retarded and wow rocket was able to break some glass!!! How deadly!

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Just like shurlis these rockets also fly all retarded and wow rocket was able to break some glass!!! How deadly!
Yeah the smoke line suggests they are using KNO3 + sugar propellant, but that could be stage-1 of the rocket.

Secondly, the thing which is surprising is the non linear trajectory of these rockets. Since the proliferation of drone technology, it is becoming increasingly cost effective to use RF controls to maneuver the moves of a rocket with a mid velocity (using potassium nitrate based propellant).

Thirdly, the shattered glass seems to be of no less thickness than of 12 mm, at least and the shape of its splattered shards show that it was a tempered glass (at least 3,000 PSI breaking strength).

Since I exactly do not know what type of explosive was used in the rocket, as it can be simply AMONAL, ANFO, UNi, NitroUrea, or may be some conventional TNT or NG based mix or perhaps a higher strength mix of PETN and/or RDX etc. Therefore, I cannot conclude upon the blasting strength by just looking at the velocity of the rocket, since it is based on its explosive and not the propellant.

So, you may be right.... may be

However, I can be sure that the blast wave was at least stronger than 3,000 PSI at the point where the shattered glass was placed (don't know how far it was from the original landing site of the rocket).

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Oh for FFS mate! Do you have to dig into everything and turn into some secret conspiracy theory!
the thing which is surprising is the non linear trajectory of these rockets.
Nothing surprising, have you never set off one of these as a kid?

b76d4f9480b5b9ff6b2a6b497675b7f0.png

Qassam Rockets are just a bigger version of these. Thats why they fly as if they are having a epilepsy attack.

Thirdly, the shattered glass seems to be of no less thickness than of 12 mm
*Sigh! ?

Now where did you come up with this information, have to seen how thick and heavy 12mm glass is? This is just ordinary tempered glass of regular thickness shattered into a million pieces.