TONIC

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I am Sunni but I believe Hazrat Muawiah RA became a king/dictator by force by taking Khilafah from Hazrat Ali RA and Hazrat Hassan RA who were legitimate at that time and after doing that he wrongfully instated Yazeed even after knowing what he is capable of and even after agreeing with Hazrat Hassan RA that he will not do that...I stand with Hazrat Ali RA and both his sons who were wrongfully murdered by Bani Umayah.

Munawarkhan

I am Sunni but I believe Hazrat Muawiah RA became a king/dictator by force by taking Khilafah from Hazrat Ali RA and Hazrat Hassan RA who were legitimate at that time and after doing that he wrongfully instated Yazeed even after knowing what he is capable of and even after agreeing with Hazrat Hassan RA that he will not do that...I stand with Hazrat Ali RA and both his sons who were wrongfully murdered by Bani Umayah.

I read that Hazrat Ali was murdered by a Kharji over a petty issue.

The remaining history also, what I read is different.

Typically these type of topics get a lot of attention these days, but I believe this is not the right time to discuss it.

Also please remember 10th Muharram has been a respected day for all religions since always. Somehow the importance of this day gets restricted to Imam Hussain’s martyrdom.

TONIC

I read that Hazrat Ali was murdered by a Kharji over a petty issue.

The remaining history also, what I read is different.

Typically these type of topics get a lot of attention these days, but I believe this is not the right time to discuss it.

Also please remember 10th Muharram has been a respected day for all religions since always. Somehow the importance of this day gets restricted to Imam Hussain’s martyrdom.
We are talking about Karbala and I haven’t said that Hazrat Ali RA was murdered by Bani Umayah , murder of Hazrat Hassan RA and Hazrat Hussain RA was done by Bani umayah and it was driven by deep hate of Hazrat Muawiah RA for bani Hashim and that is my point of view.

Munawarkhan

We are talking about Karbala, murder of Hazrat Hassan RA and Hazrat Hussain RA was done by Bani umayah and it was driven by deep hate of Hazrat Muawiah RA for bani Hashim and that is my point of view.

This is exactly what I’m saying.
The grandsons of our Prophet were respected by everyone. Including the Umayyads.

There are so many versions of this history that it is impossible to find the 100% truth.

TONIC

This is exactly what I’m saying.
The grandsons of our Prophet were respected by everyone. Including the Umayyads.

There are so many versions of this history that it is impossible to find the 100% truth.
That’s totally untrue , bani Umayah hated Banu Hashim with the bottom of their heart except for one or two people who were Muslims by choice like Hazrat Usman RA.

Truth has only one version and should have one version , of you disagree then please do read what was the agreement between Hazrat Hassan RA and Hazrat Muawiah RA and they will tell you why Hazrat Hussain RA did kharooj against Yazeed.

Munawarkhan

That’s totally untrue , bani Umayah hated Banu Hashim with the bottom of their heart except for one or two people who were Muslims by choice like Hazrat Usman RA.

Truth has only one version and should have one version , of you disagree then please do read what was the agreement between Hazrat Hassan RA and Hazrat Muawiah RA and they will tell you why Hazrat Hussain RA did kharooj against Yazeed.
A lot of people from that era were Muslims by choice including Muawiyah. We are talking about 40-50 Hijri.

He was a Katib at the time of our Prophet PBUH, and was respected alike by all earlier Caliphs. His sister was one of the wives of our Prophet.

I would tread very carefully before blaming a whole family who had been very close to the Prophet PBUH and his close companions.

Once again I’m not a champion of history but I’ve read multiple versions of this history. will again iterate that timing of this discussion is not right as it is a very sentimental issue for a lot of people.

TONIC

A lot of people from that era were Muslims by choice including Muawiyah. We are talking about 40-50 Hijri.

He was a Katib at the time of our Prophet PBUH, and was respected alike by all earlier Caliphs. His sister was one of the wives of our Prophet.

I would tread very carefully before blaming a whole family who had been very close to the Prophet PBUH and his close companions.

Once again I’m not a champion of history but I’ve read multiple versions of this history. will again iterate that timing of this discussion is not right as it is a very sentimental issue for a lot of people.
I am not saying that Hazrat Muawiah RA was Muslim by choice of not , I am saying he did something wrong and did it knowingly.

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)
بنی امیہ کے بڑے بڑے بدر و احد میں ذوالفقار کے ہاتھوں مارے گئے تھے، اور بچ جانے والے نفرت میں جل رہے تھے۔
کربلا کا ذمہ دار وہ ہے جو اس شجرہ ملعونہ کو اقتدار میں لایا۔​

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)
جس بات سے فرار ممکن نہ ہو، اسے متنازعہ قرار دے دو۔
ویسے مولوی کہتے ہیں کہ معاویہ نے جو بغاوت کی تھی، وہ نعوذباللہ ایک مجتہد صحابی کا اجتہاد تھا جو غلط بھی ہو تو ثواب ملتا ہے۔
تھوُ ایسے اجتہاد پہ​

TONIC

That’s debatable, there are different historical text on this claim.
I take text from Bukhari and Muslim for me that is the most authentic. People try to make it controversial by quoting text which is not authentic.

ZS_Devil

Minister (2k+ posts)
Prophet PBUH close companions family were those who beheaded the Prophet PBUH Daughters children who were most loved by prophet now u have to decide who should be right that's is just for logical person but if u go and learn history Mawia father has fought many battles with prophet and mawia had fought many battles with hazrat ali and yazeed was involved in the Karbala and his mother hunda was also involved somewhere in battles

Munawarkhan

That’s where people are making mistakes , you need to read carefully Bukhari and Muslim and you will find everything.
Prophet PBUH close companions family were those who beheaded the Prophet PBUH Daughters children who were most loved by prophet now u have to decide who should be right that's is just for logical person but if u go and learn history Mawia father has fought many battles with prophet and mawia had fought many battles with hazrat ali and yazeed was involved in the Karbala and his mother hunda was also involved somewhere in battles
That’s debatable.
Different historical books have different claims.

ZS_Devil

Minister (2k+ posts)
That’s debatable.
Different historical books have different claims.
And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.
surah 2 ayat 8 and try to read till 14 or 15 and then learn the history of mawia and his mother and father u will find out the whats the wrong and right

Munawarkhan

learn the history of mawia and his mother and father u will find out the whats the wrong and right

Which history?
There are so many versions. How do you know the one that you know is the right one?

This even happened 1,400 years ago, how are you so sure that what you read was the ultimate fact?

Here we cannot decide who won 1965 war, an event that happened just 50 years ago. How difficult would it be to prove something that old.

Also what do we learn from his life and apply on our own?
Ashura is a respected day in Islam. What is better? to do what Imam Hussain PBUH used to do on Ashura in the years before his martyrdom or ignore his acts?