1 person dying from Coronavirus in the world every 47 seconds now

Do anyone here know about the parameters being set for declaring the cause of death as corona? Hope siasat.pk will not start deleting my comments as they block me from posting threads

Last edited:

Eyeaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Do anyone here know about the parameters being set for declaring the cause of death as corona? Hope siasat.pk will not start deleting my comments as they block me from posting threads
Here is the data. The rest you can make whatever conspiracy or issue out of this. Of course data is preliminary.
Exact estimates will be available long after the epidemic would be over and only after detailed statistical analysis of several demographic factors including the prevalence of fatal diseases. Any problem? None for me.

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by COMORBIDITY:
*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on pre-existing condition. The percentage shown below does NOT represent in any way the share of deaths by pre-existing condition. Rather, it represents, for a patient with a given pre-existing condition, the risk of dying if infected by COVID-19.

PRE-EXISTING CONDITION​
DEATH RATE
confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
Cardiovascular disease
13.2%
10.5%
Diabetes
9.2%
7.3%
Chronic respiratory disease
8.0%
6.3%
Hypertension
8.4%
6.0%
Cancer
7.6%
5.6%
no pre-existing conditions
0.9%
*Death Rate = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). The percentages do not have to add up to 100%, as they do NOT represent share of deaths by condition.