‎ایئر سیال کا طیارہ سیالکوٹ میں لینڈ، وزیر اعظم افتتاح کریں گے، چئیرمن فضل

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Super city....super people.

I often hear about how Karachi contributes 70% of our tax revenues...but why hasnt Karachi been able to do even 1% of what Sialkot businesses have done for the city?

desan

President (40k+ posts)

I often hear about how Karachi contributes 70% of our tax revenues...but why hasnt Karachi been able to do even 1% of what Sialkot businesses have done for the city?

Zardari's rates have gone up much higher than 10% for any such new project!!!

Abdullah9

Senator (1k+ posts)

Because every govt official is a shikari there. No businessman wants to be noticed or become high profile.

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Because every govt official is a shikari there. No businessman wants to be noticed or become high profile.
To tell you the truth, Sialkot suffered from the same which is why it was forced to become self sufficient.
Airport land was earmarked during Zia era. ..but after Zia, pmln refused because they feared it would take away traffic from Lahore. Benazir refused because she feared they couldn't commandeer the customs dept like Karachi customs.

The remarkable unity in the chamber of commerce is amazing.. shows trust in it's own members.plus they have the courage to take bold decisions and spend money.