Why isn't Khan taking action against these crooks?

JunaidMarwat

MPA (400+ posts)
images
Brother this is a menace that needs to be tackled. It will help FBR achieve its tax targets too. You wouldn't need to drop petrol bombs. Plus why should a business even operate if its not paying tax to the state and is not registered with SECP or FBR. This is republic of Pakistan and not some banana republic. Plus Naya Pakistan is about shedding old ways of the usual business.

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Brother this is a menace that needs to be tackled. It will help FBR achieve its tax targets too. You wouldn't need to drop petrol bombs. Plus why should a business even operate if its not paying tax to the state and is not registered with SECP or FBR. This is republic of Pakistan and not some banana republic. Plus Naya Pakistan is about shedding old ways of the usual business.
Brother, Rome was not built in a day.

We always have limited resources and cannot engage all sides at one.

Need to prioritize according to the situation.

140 Bn/year is just nothing of tax evasion compared to the bucks made by Aata, Cheeni and Oil mafias. They need to be tackled first and then, once they are bridled, then we may need to see this industry as well.

BTW, do you know how much we lose only on unbranded footwear? it is about $14 million of tax a year.

JunaidMarwat

MPA (400+ posts)
Brother, Rome was not built in a day.

We always have limited resources and cannot engage all sides at one.

Need to prioritize according to the situation.

140 Bn/year is just nothing of tax evasion compared to the bucks made by Aata, Cheeni and Oil mafias. They need to be tackled first and then, once they are bridled, then we may need to see this industry as well.

BTW, do you know how much we lose only on unbranded footwear? it is about $14 million of tax a year.
Why did we give them senate tickets then? 140bn a year can build us a few good universities and hospitals. All mafias including the one you mentioned should be nabbed. Law of the jungle should be over. That was Khans promise.

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
there definetly should be a heavy tax on tobacco products.
And captain khan who does know the benefits of not smoking, should look into this.
for a healthy future of Pakistan, heavy duties must be applied.
though I myself am a smoker, but I buy them at a price, at which a sane person would quit smoking.
true story is, in Pakistani open market you can buy cigarettes at mut lesser price than you will even get at any of the duty free stores.
it is one of a highlight, a compulsory item that I take with myself, when I come back from Pakistan.

Last edited:

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Why did we give them senate tickets then? 140bn a year can build us a few good universities and hospitals. All mafias including the one you mentioned should be nabbed. Law of the jungle should be over. That was Khans promise.
Had we been living in a perfect world or a Plato's Republic, this could've been done very easily. However, we live in a political system which has been rotting since 1757.

To cut the long story short; if tickets were not given to these parliamentarians, PTI would never have been in the driving seat. So, first, you need to learn to go with the flow, and then carve your way out the other side.

Since, I am not convinced that the tobacco industry is a great problem right now and I have seen more of these factories in Gujrat and its remote areas, where even bonded labor is being practiced.

However, I am not downplaying the principle stand of yours against this mafia, yet, I would still say that there are much more serious problems for the nation to be fought first. Flour, sugar and oil mafias are plundering this nation and these basic commodities are the lifeline of many in our country. Everyone is not a smoker and every smoker is not buying these non-duty paid cigarettes. But everyone eats. Therefore, in the larger interest of the public, we should first focus on the more grave issues. Once they are solved, then it will be time to focus on these issues as well.