A Disgruntled PTI Supporter From Karachi - A Revelation

ali-raj

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The Girl who wrote this blog, is pretty much on the spot. Being a Punjabi Living in Karachi, I endorse what she is saying in here. In addition, PTI alienated those urdu speakers, who were against MQM and supported PTI, but due to negligence, they casted their vote in favor of MQM.

My Response to Hamza Ali Abbasi’s video about Karachi Elections 2015

First, let me just say that despite being your Karachiite fan who is NOT an MQM voter/supporter, I have never been so pissed at you.

Moving on..

I’ll start with four things first:

1) This attitude of "mein toh Islamabad mein buhat khush hun, actor hun, paisa hai, shuhrat hai, mujhe kya zarurat Landhi ghoomnay ki? Meray leader to kya zarurat politics mein aanay ki? But hum yeh sab kar rahay hain so be thankful to us" - BIG FAIL in Karachi.

2) "Karachi doesn’t really matter as much. It's just one city. All other cities like Lahore, Islamabad, and even Peshawar and Quetta (!) are so much better" - BIG FAIL in Karachi

3) PTI ka Jamatiyon se ittehad - BIG FAIL in Karachi

4) "Karachiites don’t know any better. We will come from outside, from our palace like homes in Islamabad jis ki chhat pe mein abhi beth ke video bana raha hun, and "liberate" Karachiites in Keamari, Lyari and Kati Pahari because they are too stupid to do it themselves" - BIG FAIL in Karachi

As someone who has her sympathies with PTI (fast evaporating), let me now give you a few pointers:

1) Stop treating Karachi as any other city. It's not just another city of Pakistan. It is a mini-Pakistan in itself. It doesn't just have Muhajirs or any one ethnicity like Punjabis or Pukhtoons. Its population is made up of pretty much every single ethnicity in the country. Try to figure out how many people from the whole population voted for MQM. Then see how many were Muhajirs. Then find out if those Muhajirs voted on ethnicity or was there any other reason. And those who weren't Muhajirs, why did they vote for MQM (yes, many non-Muhajirs I personally know voted for them). Then figure out that the vast population who didn't vote for any party, including PTI, why didn't they?

2) Despite being the largest city of the country, Karachiites have faced decades of neglect. It doesn't look like the largest city of any other country because it was never treated like the largest city of any other country. Look how USA treats NYC, how UK treats London, how China treats Shanghai, how Japan treats Tokyo. These are priority cities for these countries.

And what is Karachi for Pakistan? A nuisance. Something to be taken care of so it doesn't make noise and disturb the rulers in Islamabad while they focus on issues of other cities. Sometimes this "taking care of" is done by force via Rangers and Army, and sometimes by making deals with MQM. Anything to shut Karachiites up for a short duration while we concentrate on the next motorway or dharna.

3) Stop treating Karachiites like citizens of any other city. They're not. Despite the constant death threat over their lives during such simple tasks like going to buy bread from the market, we are still the most dynamic city in the country. There is a reason the population of Karachi keeps growing. The Quettas and Peshawars and Pindis you mentioned in your video which are so much better than Karachi, their people keep coming to Karachi for their livelihood. It is the resilience of the city and its people that despite all the ills you've mentioned in your video, it is still the best bet for a struggling Pakistani to better his condition in. Here's a test for you: after the major fail in Lahore, why don’t you move the entertainment industry next to Peshawar or Quetta or Islamabad, and see how that fares?

4) PTI could have done better in Karachi. Sure it could have. If it had shown Karachi how it had improved KP in its reign until now, instead of wasting time, energy, and resources over dharnas. Karachi saw how KP residents were made to feel like step children while PTI focused all its energies on 'dhandli' in Punjab, waking up to KP's cries only recently. You want Karachiites to hand over their city to such a party, who after winning would again move its focus on other areas of the country until the next elections? That's not a new feeling for Karachi, after all. It has decades of experience with such treatment meted out to them in the hands of PPP and PMLN. Why would it knowingly repeat it?

5) If MQM will ever be defeated in Karachi, it will be by a party that is indigenous to Karachi, or at least have a strong indigenous presence in the city with a proven record that Karachi is its priority number 1. Because don’t forget: MQM keeps winning not because Karachiites have only MQM, but because MQM has only Karachi. The city is their be all and end all. They know that even though they keep shouting from every corner that without MQM there will be no Karachi, the truth is that without Karachi, there will be no MQM. That's why they fight tooth and nail for it. They don’t just come visit it during election times or dharnas. Or visit it for work for a short duration and then run back to the safety of their home cities after they are done, and then make videos commenting on how stupid Karachiites are for the choices they make.

MQM are from the city, they are in the city, and without this city, they are nothing. Karachiites know this. So while other parties like PTI, PPP or JI are a good threat to use to get MQM in line, in the event of an undecided vote, the vote will in all probability go to MQM. Because they ARE Karachi. Their leader lives in London, while the others live in Raiwind or Bani Gala. No one's home is Karachi anyway. At least the first leader has his eye on Karachi from London. While the other two both have their eyes fixed on Lahore.

6) Yes, all ills of MQM that you guys keep stressing upon are there. Karachiites know. Of course they do. They're living those ills, remember, not just talking about them sitting comfortably in other parts of the country? But we don’t have any true alternatives. Alternatives who treat this city with the respect it deserves. We don’t want people sitting in other cities who listen to the word Karachi and go, "Oh, Karachi --> MQM --> crime and death --> hopeless situations --> stupid people --> okay, so when is the next dharna on D Chowk for that seat in Lahore we lost? Because as you say in your video, “hamari zindagi pe to yahan koi farq nahi parta.”

7) In the end, if you are really serious about winning Karachi, win its hearts and minds. Votes will follow. By saying MQM wins only by death threats, you are calling the brave citizens of this city cowards. By saying all votes that go to MQM are race-based, you are calling the dynamic people of this city stupid. We are none of those. Instead of discarding MQM with a brush of your hand as a corrupt party that only wins due to threats, and focusing on all the wrongs it does, try to see the things it does right. It does do a lot of good work for the city too. Figure out those things, and do them better than MQM. Be sincere while you do this, and see this city embrace you come next election with open arms.

Move home to the city and live with them, laugh with them on their sick ehtnic jokes with each other, celebrate with them when Karachi Dolphins win, cry with them when they lose a loved one to the tragedies of this city, and then work for them when they trust you with their vote. Until you are ready to do all this, don’t waste time cribbing about your losses through your videos.

8) Stop teaching Karachiites about ‘qurbanis’ of yourself and Imran Khan. No one knows how to give ‘qurbanis’ better than Karachiites. You will lose in this comparison. Because qurbani of life will always be higher than qurbani or “3 crores per county match” and “my corporate brands.”

Being a Punjabi Karachiite myself, I will leave you with this ending remark: Karachi will never be swayed on the argument of corruption and no corruption, or development and no development. It will only be affected by a feeling of ‘apnaiyat’. Its wounds are not physical, they are emotional. Which is why we are okay with ‘rait wala pani’, but we will not hand our city over to someone whose heart lies anywhere other than Karachi.

PTI needs to change its strategy vis a vis this city RIGHT NOW. Or else, pichhli baar jo eik NA seat jeeti thi, is baar woh bhi nahi milne ki, babu!

http://haafandom.blogspot.com/2015/12/my-response-to-hamza-ali-abbasis-video.html?m=1

such bolo

میں بھی کراچی کا باشندہ ہوں
مہاجر ہوں
اور اس بلاگ میں وہی روایتی مھاجرانہ تڑکا ہے
عمران خان کا اسلام آباد میں رہنا تکلیف دہ ہے ووٹرز کے لئے
اور الطاف حسین کا لندن میں رہنا تکلیف دہ نا ہو ووٹرز کے لئے
یہ نہیں ہوسکتا

حقیقت یہ ہے کہ شہر میں حقیقی معنوں میں شفاف انتخابات کے لئے شفاف ماحول کی ضرورت ہے

آپریشن کے دوران....مسائل کی موجودگی کے دوران...انتخابات پر کوئی چھوٹی سی بات بھی اثر انداز ہو سکتی ہے
اور یہی ہوا

لوگ ووٹ دینے نہیں نکلے
٢٠ فیصد ووٹ کاسٹ ہووے ہیں

وجوہات کا انبار ہے
ساری ذمہ داری پی ٹی آئ کے ناتواں کندھوں پر ڈالنا زیادتی ہوگی

ہمیں حقیقت پسند ہونا چاہیے
صرف ایک جماعت کو رگڑا دینا عقل مندی نہیں

ali-raj

مہاجر ہوں
یہ نہیں ہوسکتا

حقیقت یہ ہے کہ شہر میں حقیقی معنوں میں شفاف انتخابات کے لئے شفاف ماحول کی ضرورت ہے

آپریشن کے دوران....مسائل کی موجودگی کے دوران...انتخابات پر کوئی چھوٹی سی بات بھی اثر انداز ہو سکتی ہے
اور یہی ہوا

لوگ ووٹ دینے نہیں نکلے

وجوہات کا انبار ہے

ہم اپنا عیب دور کرلیں
پھر ہم دوسروں کی بات کریں گے
تاریخ جیتنے والا لکھتا ہے
ہارنے والا ردی کی ٹوکری میں جاتا ہے
جیتنے والے سے یہ کوئی نہیں پوچھتا
کہ تو جیتا کیسے پر ھارنے والے کو
زندہ درگور کیا جاتا ہے
بات لکھی توبا لکل سہی ہے

ali-raj

مہاجر ہوں
یہ نہیں ہوسکتا

اور یہی ہوا

لوگ ووٹ دینے نہیں نکلے

وجوہات کا انبار ہے

رہی بات صاف شفاف کی
تو بھائی کوئلے کی دلالی ہے
کالک تو لگنی ہی ہے
اور کالک کے بغیر کام نہیں ہوگا
تو بھول جاو کبھی شفافیت آئے گی
اس نظام میں ہی تصحیح کرنی ہوگی

Porus

MPA (400+ posts)
Not sure if I get this "apnaiyat" and neglect theory. Both PMLN and PTI give the most attention to Lahore, so why do people in Bahwalpur, Multan, Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Abbotabad and Mardan still vote for them and do not feel the same neglect as Karachi supposedly feels? No matter how much rhetoric is used, the fact remains that voting in Karachi is largely on ethnic basis.

There may be a section of Karachiites who voted for MQM because they thought other parties were not giving enough attention to local issues. However, by and large, most Karachi voters vote based on ethnicity. This is their choice and it should be respected. But then others should not be blamed for not having an "emotional" bond with Karachi

desicad

This attitude of "mein toh Islamabad mein buhat khush hun, actor hun, paisa hai, shuhrat hai, mujhe kya zarurat Landhi ghoomnay ki? Meray leader to kya zarurat politics mein aanay ki? But hum yeh sab kar rahay hain so be thankful to us" - BIG FAIL in Karachi.

"Karachiites don’t know any better. We will come from outside, from our palace like homes in Islamabad jis ki chhat pe mein abhi beth ke video bana raha hun, and "liberate" Karachiites in Keamari, Lyari and Kati Pahari because they are too stupid to do it themselves"

Good points. One cannot generate goodwill by looking down on someone.

It doesn't look like the largest city of any other country because it was never treated like the largest city of any other country. Look how USA treats NYC, how UK treats London, how China treats Shanghai, how Japan treats Tokyo. These are priority cities for these countries.
She could have added, how India treats New Delhi, Mumbai. :D

Last edited:

Shahid Abassi

I loved what ever she wrote, and I feel it to be so true.
I have just lived in Karachi for couple of years but I can feel its essence.
It's nothing but truth.

saadmahhmood83

Minister (2k+ posts)
میں صرف یہ کہں گا۔آپ کی رائے ہے اس کا احترام کرتا ہوں،مجھے یہ ایم کیو ایم کے پراپیگنڈا سے متاثر لگتی ہے۔ہو سکتا ہے حقائق ایسے نہ ہو جو ساکنانِ کراچی سوچتے ہیں۔

Admiral

پی۔ٹی۔آئی کی کراچی والی قیادت کے مشورے اور بریفینگ کے بغیر اگر جلسے، الیکشن مہم اور دیگر معاملات چلائیں گے تو یہی ہو گا
دوسری بات، بولنے کا انداز بہت معنی رکھتا ہے، آپ چاہے کچھ اور کہنا چاہ رہے ہوں، لیکن الفظ کے غلط استعمال سے ساری محنت کا ستیاناس ہو سکتا ہے، جیسے اب ہوا

zaheer2003

"but due to negligence, they casted their vote in favor of MQM."

I simply surprised to read it because of this & that PTI is not doing this & that so i ll vote MQM....

Seriously ek killer party jo Pakistan k hi khilaf uss ko iss lye vote krna k PTI ki kuch galtiaan hain ???

Bhai bilkul samjh nhn aya.......

Pakistani1947

Quota system is violation of basic constitutional rights of Karachiites

Not sure if I get this "apnaiyat" and neglect theory. Both PMLN and PTI give the most attention to Lahore, so why do people in Bahwalpur, Multan, Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Abbotabad and Mardan still vote for them and do not feel the same neglect as Karachi supposedly feels? No matter how much rhetoric is used, the fact remains that voting in Karachi is largely on ethnic basis.

There may be a section of Karachiites who voted for MQM because they thought other parties were not giving enough attention to local issues. However, by and large, most Karachi voters vote based on ethnicity. This is their choice and it should be respected. But then others should not be blamed for not having an "emotional" bond with Karachi

میں صرف یہ کہں گا۔آپ کی رائے ہے اس کا احترام کرتا ہوں،مجھے یہ ایم کیو ایم کے پراپیگنڈا سے متاثر لگتی ہے۔ہو سکتا ہے حقائق ایسے نہ ہو جو ساکنانِ کراچی سوچتے ہیں۔

I am a active supporter of PTI (urdu speaking). I have been supporting PTI financially and physically both but agree 100% with above post. To add, I am repeating my previous post on this topic as it is very relevant with topic of this thread:

"Why do you think that Karachi will be happy with other Provinces if their basic constitutional rights rights are being violated through Quota system, when they see that in all the important Government positions Sindis are sitting who are treating them the same way British were treating Indians, majority of Police force in Karachi belong to other Provinces who the most corrupt people, all the illegal activities including sex trade and target killing are being done in their supervision.

A 'C' grade holder is illegible to get admission in Engineering and Medical colleges holding interior Sind Domocile whereas 'A' grade holder is not illegible to get admission in Engineering and Medical colleges.

Now, according to Kamran Khan, Mayor of Karachi would have no powers other than fire, slaughter houses, dog killing campaign, street lights and anti-encroachment etc.

- KBCA (Karachi Building Control authority) is now under Municipal Minister
- KWB (Karachi Water board) is now under Municipal Minister
- KDA (Karachi development Authority) is now under Municipal Minister (Obviously PPP minister)
- KMC (Karachi Municipal corporation) is now under Municipal Minister (Obviously PPP minister)
- Housing, planning, Transport and Public Health Engineering is now under Sind Government
- Karachi Mass Transit Plan is now under Sind Government
- Sind government has now power to hire and transfer all grade 17 or higher Government officers
- Sind Government has now power to lease and registry of local Government Land
- Sind Government has taken over the control of administration and finance of Government Hospitals
- Appointments and allocation of fund to KMC schools are taken over by Sind Government

The 1973 constitution of Pakistan clearly describes in Chapter I titled, “Fundamental Rights and Principles of Policy”, of Article 27 Clause I about safeguarding the fundamental rights of the citizens of Pakistan against the discrimination in the federal and provisional government services in these words:
The constitution gives equal rights:

• No citizen otherwise qualified for appointment in the service of Pakistan shall be discriminated against in respect of any such appointment on the ground only of race, religion, caste, sex, residence or place of birth.”

Source

Arsalan Iftikhar Chaudhry

Arsalan Iftikhar Chaudhry, son of former Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, in spite of receiving a C grade (third division) in High School (Intermediate) was admitted to Bolan Medical College on thequota reserved for the Chief Minister of Balochistan. In Pakistan, medical college degree is awarded after five years but it took 7 years for Arsalan to graduate from medical college.[SUP][11][/SUP] Arsalan Iftikhar Chaudhry was a medical officer and within a month of graduation and then he was promoted as a section officer in the Department of Health of Government of Balochistan.[SUP][12][/SUP]Arsalan Iftikhar Chaudhry has never practiced medicine. source "

Last edited:

saadmahhmood83

Minister (2k+ posts)

پی۔ٹی۔آئی کی کراچی والی قیادت کے مشورے اور بریفینگ کے بغیر اگر جلسے، الیکشن مہم اور دیگر معاملات چلائیں گے تو یہی ہو گا
دوسری بات، بولنے کا انداز بہت معنی رکھتا ہے، آپ چاہے کچھ اور کہنا چاہ رہے ہوں، لیکن الفظ کے غلط استعمال سے ساری محنت کا ستیاناس ہو سکتا ہے، جیسے اب ہوا
خصوصی طور پر، جہاں لوگ بات کا بتنگڑ بنانے میں ید طولی رکھتےہوں ،جیسا کہ ایم کیو ایم۔

Admiral

کراچی والوں کو بڑے شہر سے تعلق ہونے کا احساس کافی تنگ کرتا ہے، اسی لیے ان الفاظ کو انہوں نے کافی زیادہ ہی مائنڈ کر لیا

اب اگر آپ ایک بندے کے ویک (کمزور) پوائنٹ پر فوکس کریں گے، اسے غصہ ہو آئے گا ہی،، جیسے آپ کسی اندھے سے مخاطب ہوں ، اور اسے کہہ دیں، ، یار اندھے،، وہ بیچارہ تو بلبلا اٹھے گا (حالانکہ وہ ہے تو اندھا ہی، لیکن۔۔۔)۔
بعینہِ ایسا ہوتا ہے جب آپ کسی کراچی والے کو وہاں کے خراب حالات کا حوالہ دے ماریں

ایم۔کیو۔ایم کی خون آلود سیاست کے دوبارہ سے شروع کے امکانات کے باعث مجھے بھی ان ووٹرز پو انتہا کا غصہ ہے، لیکن خیر ہے ان کی زندگی ہے، موج کریں

ali-raj

"but due to negligence, they casted their vote in favor of MQM."

I simply surprised to read it because of this & that PTI is not doing this & that so i ll vote MQM....

Seriously ek killer party jo Pakistan k hi khilaf uss ko iss lye vote krna k PTI ki kuch galtiaan hain ???

Bhai bilkul samjh nhn aya.......

The words out of horses mouth . This is what PTI Supporters (The Disgruntled Urdu Speakers) said. Not my own words. I will only vote MQM, if i have to choose between MQM and HAQIQI.

decent123

Senator (1k+ posts)
I am urdu speaking live in karachi..hamza ali abbasi ne jo baat ki hai usko ap agar MQM ka Karkun ban kar dekhen gay tu apko os me ek alag hi rang nazar aega..kion kay karkun kay Muhajir kaaz per jo nazariyaat hain wo kisi bahar kay shaks ki baat qubool karne ko tayyar nahi..agar hamza ali abbasi keh day kay 5 waqt ki namaz parhoo...tu os me bhi karkun jawab dega kay dekho muhajiron ko namaz parhne ka kehraha hai jab kay Islamabad lahore walon ko is ne kabhi namaz ka nahi kaha...this is MQM Workers ideology..yahi kaam thread starter ne kia baat ko es side se dekh kar makhsoos soch kay tehet apni raye di..

jab kay karachi ka aam urdus peakers ba-hesiat MQM workers ideology se thora alag hai...muhajir zaroor hai MQM kay leye hamdardi bhi rkhta hai likin wo os ideology per nahi hai jis ideology per EK MQM ka worker hai...

Hamza ki bateen bilkul theek hai ek aam urdu speakers isko smjh sakta hai neutral tareeqay se...karachi me esa hargiz nahi hai kay ek aam urdu speakers MQM muhajir Kaaz ideology se mutasir hoo..karachi me bht se urdu pseakers ese hain jinka is ideology se koi lena dena nahi na wo is se ittifaq kartay hain isi taran kay log sirf general elections me bahar nikaltay hain jo 2013 me niklay or PTI ko karachi me vote para..
agar MQM ki ideology ki baat hai tu kal ki ki example le lain 25% voting hui its mean kay MQM ideology se sirf 25% log mutasir hain...
jab kay 55% voting hui 2013 me or MQM ki ideology se disagreed karne waloon ki tadad 8 lac thi....
hamza ali abbasi ka message sirf MQM kay ek worker kay leye nahi balkay aam urduspeakers kay leye bhi tha

ali-raj

i am urdu speaking live in karachi..hamza ali abbasi ne jo baat ki hai usko ap agar mqm ka karkun ban kar dekhen gay tu apko os me ek alag hi rang nazar aega..kion kay karkun kay muhajir kaaz per jo nazariyaat hain wo kisi bahar kay shaks ki baat qubool karne ko tayyar nahi..agar hamza ali abbasi keh day kay 5 waqt ki namaz parhoo...tu os me bhi karkun jawab dega kay dekho muhajiron ko namaz parhne ka kehraha hai jab kay islamabad lahore walon ko is ne kabhi namaz ka nahi kaha...this is mqm workers ideology..yahi kaam thread starter ne kia baat ko es side se dekh kar makhsoos soch kay tehet apni raye di..

Jab kay karachi ka aam urdus peakers ba-hesiat mqm workers ideology se thora alag hai...muhajir zaroor hai mqm kay leye hamdardi bhi rkhta hai likin wo os ideology per nahi hai jis ideology per ek mqm ka worker hai...

Hamza ki bateen bilkul theek hai ek aam urdu speakers isko smjh sakta hai neutral tareeqay se...karachi me esa hargiz nahi hai kay ek aam urdu speakers mqm muhajir kaaz ideology se mutasir hoo..karachi me bht se urdu pseakers ese hain jinka is ideology se koi lena dena nahi na wo is se ittifaq kartay hain isi taran kay log sirf general elections me bahar nikaltay hain jo 2013 me niklay or pti ko karachi me vote para..
Agar mqm ki ideology ki baat hai tu kal ki ki example le lain 25% voting hui its mean kay mqm ideology se sirf 25% log mutasir hain...
Jab kay 55% voting hui 2013 me or mqm ki ideology se disagreed karne waloon ki tadad 8 lac thi....
Hamza ali abbasi ka message sirf mqm kay ek worker kay leye nahi balkay aam urduspeakers kay leye bhi tha

and my friend, you just won a cake. Nicely defined. But those who were angry with MQM, now turned back. Offcourse buttering, FIR of AH, Rangers Op etc were factory. but major one. No support from PTI.

arafay

totally disagree with this analysis except the only valid point being that pti karachi team is rubbish.

altaf hasnt visited karachi for over 20 years yet he is still popular. you know why? because he gave the nara of jiye mahajir. I explained this phenomena in another post as well. If IK talks about karachi water problem, quota system and all the things mqm talks about mqm will be finished in 5 years. PTI gets more media coverage and better presence in NA. But apart from asad umar i have not heard any pti leader in NA talk about karachi problems. entire pti karachi team is just there for tv coverage and talk shows. they are not in touch with the local people at all. How many times has imran ismail visited na 246 since he lost election. He didnt even thank the 25k people who voted for him. In fact nobody voted for imran islamil it was actually imran khan's vote. IK needs to understand that his friends are using him for their personal gains and image building.

mqm on the other hand is very well organized at grass root level. they help people with water/sewage problem and on top of that they play mahajir card. This is a powerful combination that works very well for lower class mahajir whom mqm gives housing, jobs and kunda electricity. mqm has employed at least 20k people in different govt departments. Plus they have their own network of 20-30k workers who are given monthly maintenance from all the bhatta they collect. So that is around 50k families benefiting directly from MQM's existence. even if we assume 10 votes per family that makes it 500K votes for MQM - these peoples life depends on mqm. They work like an organized crime network and altaf has become a robin hood for these gutkays. You need to attend their corner meetings and sit in their units to understand how they work. They brainwash people and use for each other, 'bhai' and 'sathi'. Have you heard any other political party use these kind of words? No because these guys are emotionally and psychologically abused to the extent that they seek each other supports based on their ethnicity. It is a cult and not a political party. Their brains are filled with hatred because of hate stories against punjabis and pathans.

pick up mqm literature and you will find how their brainwash their members into believing that they must support mqm or sindhis will kill them. You guys think only bhutto is shaheed but mqm has their own 20k shaheed (20k graves are nowhere to be found). They tell stories about how jinnah was killed and then liaquat ali khan was shot dead by punjabi establishment. Then how ayub khan rigged election in 1967 and killed fatimah jinnah. After that ghar ayub led a rally in karachi and attacked mohajir bastis near gujjar nala. Then ayub shifted capital from karachi to islamabad due to which many urdu speakers lost their job. They discuss quota system and how bhutto tried to employ more sindhis in govt. This creates a confirmation bias in their heads and every move made by any other sindhis and punabis is seen as a threat. They believe everyone out their is out to get them.

yes punjabis have hurt almost all communities in pakistan including bengalis, mohajir, pathan and baloch. Also quota system is wrong. But none of the other communities have create a miliant network and organized crime network collecting monthly bhatta from each shop in the guise of protection money. Additionally mqm has done nothing to abolish quota system. they didnt take the case to court, assembly not even in musharraf era.

as for the educated mohajirs, they hate mqm but there is no alternative for them. educated mahajirs do not use the word saathi and bhai for each other. But they seem them as their protectors so they support them in case sindhis/punjabsi/pathan attack them. They will vote a national party if they see and opportunity for change (eg. 2013) otherwise they will stay at home (LBE 2015).

mqm's politics will finish the day these issues are resolved.
a) quota system finished
b) karachi made separate province
c) pakistan develops gawadar port

MQM is a reactionary movement and they dont have anything to sell. All their politics i based on mahajir card. When mahajir have their own province mqm will have no issues left. They have no governance models, no systems, no vision, no education policy, no health policy - absolutely nothing. It is a bit like ANP - their politics revolved around renaming nwfp and once nwfp became KP, anp politics is dead. they didnt have any plan to develop KP after coming in power.

gawadar port is a remote possibility but not impossible. karachi has 2 ports and all of pakistan is dependent on them. This is why mqm is able to blackmail every govt and get away with murder (literally). if gawadar is developed, a lot of the industry and import/export will move there and karachi will lose it's revenue and attraction. Businesses will move elsewhere and so will the talented population. This will be a repeat of 1960s when ayub khan shifted capital from karachi to islamabad and that led to downfall of karachi as it went back to sindh. This is already happening now but very slowly so it is not noticeable. for eg. punjab has already developed dry ports in multan. in this mqm wont be finished but they will become irrelevant like interior sindh. they dont matter at national level.

Last edited:

ali-raj

totally disagree with this analysis except the only valid point being that pti karachi team is rubbish.

altaf hasnt visited karachi for over 20 years yet he is still popular. you know why? because he gave the nara of jiye mahajir. I explained this phenomena in another post as well. If IK talks about karachi water problem, quota system and all the things mqm talks about mqm will be finished in 5 years. PTI gets more media coverage and better presence in NA. But apart from asad umar i have not heard any pti leader in NA talk about karachi problems. entire pti karachi team is just there for tv coverage and talk shows. they are not in touch with the local people at all. How many times has imran ismail visited na 246 since he lost election. He didnt even thank the 25k people who voted for him. In fact nobody voted for imran islamil it was actually imran khan's vote. IK needs to understand that his friends are using him for their personal gains and image building.

mqm on the other hand is very well organized at grass root level. they help people with water/sewage problem and on top of that they play mahajir card. This is a powerful combination that works very well for lower class mahajir whom mqm gives housing, jobs and kunda electricity. mqm has employed at least 20k people in different govt departments. Plus they have their own network of 20-30k workers who are given monthly maintenance from all the bhatta they collect. So that is around 50k families benefiting directly from MQM's existence. even if we assume 10 votes per family that makes it 500K votes for MQM - these peoples life depends on mqm. They work like an organized crime network and altaf has become a robin hood for these gutkays. You need to attend their corner meetings and sit in their units to understand how they work. They brainwash people and use for each other, 'bhai' and 'sathi'. Have you heard any other political party use these kind of words? No because these guys are emotionally and psychologically abused to the extent that they seek each other supports based on their ethnicity. It is a cult and not a political party. Their brains are filled with hatred because of hate stories against punjabis and pathans.

pick up mqm literature and you will find how their brainwash their members into believing that they must support mqm or sindhis will kill them. You guys think only bhutto is shaheed but mqm has their own 20k shaheed (20k graves are nowhere to be found). They tell stories about how jinnah was killed and then liaquat ali khan was shot dead by punjabi establishment. Then how ayub khan rigged election in 1967 and killed fatimah jinnah. After that ghar ayub led a rally in karachi and attacked mohajir bastis near gujjar nala. Then ayub shifted capital from karachi to islamabad due to which many urdu speakers lost their job. They discuss quota system and how bhutto tried to employ more sindhis in govt. This creates a confirmation bias in their heads and every move made by any other sindhis and punabis is seen as a threat. They believe everyone out their is out to get them.

yes punjabis have hurt almost all communities in pakistan including bengalis, mohajir, pathan and baloch. Also quota system is wrong. But none of the other communities have create a miliant network and organized crime network collecting monthly bhatta from each shop in the guise of protection money. Additionally mqm has done nothing to abolish quota system. they didnt take the case to court, assembly not even in musharraf era.

as for the educated mohajirs, they hate mqm but there is no alternative for them. educated mahajirs do not use the word saathi and bhai for each other. But they seem them as their protectors so they support them in case sindhis/punjabsi/pathan attack them. They will vote a national party if they see and opportunity for change (eg. 2013) otherwise they will stay at home (LBE 2015).

mqm's politics will finish the day these issues are resolved.
a) quota system finished
b) karachi made separate province
c) pakistan develops gawadar port

MQM is a reactionary movement and they dont have anything to sell. All their politics i based on mahajir card. When mahajir have their own province mqm will have no issues left. They have no governance models, no systems, no vision, no education policy, no health policy - absolutely nothing. It is a bit like ANP - their politics revolved around renaming nwfp and once nwfp became KP, anp politics is dead. they didnt have any plan to develop KP after coming in power.

gawadar port is a remote possibility but not impossible. karachi has 2 ports and all of pakistan is dependent on them. This is why mqm is able to blackmail every govt and get away with murder (literally). if gawadar is developed, a lot of the industry and import/export will move there and karachi will lose it's revenue and attraction. Businesses will move elsewhere and so will the talented population. This will be a repeat of 1960s when ayub khan shifted capital from karachi to islamabad and that led to downfall of karachi as it went back to sindh. This is already happening now but very slowly so it is not noticeable. for eg. punjab has already developed dry ports in multan.

valid points. still PTI was nowhere at grass root level, infact they weren't even in elite :)

and sorry, i forgot to tag you.