A suggestion about EVM to destroy Opposition's arguments!

MSM

I have a suggestion which will destroy corrupt opposition's arguments against EVM voting system.

Government should announce that EVM will give the initial result as soon as the polling ends BUT all the paper ballots are going to be counted and final result will be compiled using paper ballots as in the current practice.

Keep in mind that all these ballots are verified by the VOTER (himself/herself) that the printed out ballots are in accordance to what they pressed on the machine. We should raise this so that Gov can present this as a solution to which no opposition party or election commission can oppose.

MSM

Difficult to see any solution acceptable to PMLN or PPP that doesn't allow them to cheat.
But in the solution I have presented, the counting of votes will be done as it is done currently. So what will be their objection to that?

shafali

But in the solution I have presented, the counting of votes will be done as it is done currently. So what will be their objection to that?

All I'm saying is that they'll find some other excuse not accep the results. They blame the current counting system for their defeat in 2018, so they are not happy with that either. Patwari mentality is not easy to fathom ?

Shareef

EVM voting is the new reality, as is mobile phones and ATM machines etc. Like it or not, it has to replace the busted up primitive election system at which all 'professional' politicians had become expert .

baalti

I have a suggestion which will destroy corrupt opposition's arguments against EVM voting system.

Government should announce that EVM will give the initial result as soon as the polling ends BUT all the paper ballots are going to be counted and final result will be compiled using paper ballots as in the current practice.

Keep in mind that all these ballots are verified by the VOTER (himself/herself) that the printed out ballots are in accordance to what they pressed on the machine. We should raise this so that Gov can present this as a solution to which no opposition party or election commission can oppose.
bhai sahib this is already there, and even with the new fool proof system, pmln and ppp wont agree, naouzubillah upar se vahi bhi aa gai na k ye system pak shafaaf hai, pmln aur ppp ne phir bhi nhin maan'nana they will still say vote ko izzat do....

Oppostion Is Mafia

That is the plan any way. You first confirm you ID then you are given option to vote on the EVM machine. Then EVN gives you print out and you drop that in the ballot box. Then they count the slips and see what EVM total is once it matches they will announce results so no more rejected votes, no more fake votes. Everything is explained many times by Government but Opposition don't want EVM Machines but it stops Election riggings.

Oppostion Is Mafia

Opposition simply doesn't want EVM Machines because it stops riggings. Government should only do elections with New election Commission and EVM Machines.

desan

That is the plan any way. You first confirm you ID then you are given option to vote on the EVM machine. Then EVN gives you print out and you drop that in the ballot box. Then they count the slips and see what EVM total is on ce it matches they will announce results so no more rejected votes, no more fake votes. Everything is explained many times by Government but Opposition don't want EVM Machines but it stops Election riggings.

They will discredit EVMs by sending few Patwaris who will punch for PTI, but will create a scene for Lifafa Media by saying that they voted for PML-N and the EVM printed out PTI ballot!!!

Oppostion Is Mafia

They will discredit EVMs by sending few Patwaris who will punch for PTI, but will create a scene for Lifafa Media by saying that they voted for PML-N and the EVM printed out PTI ballot!!!
Don't worry we know how to deal with these corrupt criminals and we dont take lifafa journalist serious we expose them and there masters all the time. Our war Against these corrupt mafias has been 23 years and we will carry on until they are completely dismantled and destroyed. This is called Hybrid war where the enimies are in your houses and your Country.

Problem is that the corrupt opposition don't even wanna talk about positive reforms because transparent form of governance will mean less and less corruption for them.

MSM

bhai sahib this is already there, and even with the new fool proof system, pmln and ppp wont agree, naouzubillah upar se vahi bhi aa gai na k ye system pak shafaaf hai, pmln aur ppp ne phir bhi nhin maan'nana they will still say vote ko izzat do....
That is the plan any way. You first confirm you ID then you are given option to vote on the EVM machine. Then EVN gives you print out and you drop that in the ballot box. Then they count the slips and see what EVM total is once it matches they will announce results so no more rejected votes, no more fake votes. Everything is explained many times by Government but Opposition don't want EVM Machines but it stops Election riggings.

Can you please let me know if somebody from Gov explained that even with EVM each and every single paper ballots will be counted later on?

As far as I know, the paper ballots will be there if some candidate wants challenge the out put from EVM only then the paper ballots are going to be counted afterwards as a result of the aggrieved / losing candidate application.

baalti

Can you please let me know if somebody from Gov explained that even with EVM each and every single paper ballots will be counted later on?

As far as I know, the paper ballots will be there if some candidate wants challenge the out put from EVM only then the paper ballots are going to be counted afterwards as a result of the aggrieved / losing candidate application.
The papper ballots will only be counted as a backup or dispute solver. They will not be counted alongside, otberwise whats the point, time waster. if anyone has issues they can request count.

paper ballot serves reasons:
- to ensure ur vote went through
- vote went to the party u voted, so u press apple, apple should print out
- its barcode will tell which polling station it belongs to in case they get thrown out or missing etc and found later on...

the only issue i see with it right now is if someone does blunt malice/badmashi and steal or damage the machine, or if the RO is corrupt he may try to misfeed the machine with extra votes issued to same voter... so they need cameras on top of the machine which RO controls, not the one where voter presses button...

this system fool proofs dead people casting votes, rouge votes, bogus votes, and vote wastage from ticking improperly, wrong party, etc...

MSM

The papper ballots will only be counted as a backup or dispute solver. They will not be counted alongside, otberwise whats the point, time waster. if anyone has issues they can request count.

paper ballot serves reasons:
- to ensure ur vote went through
- vote went to the party u voted, so u press apple, apple should print out
- its barcode will tell which polling station it belongs to in case they get thrown out or missing etc and found later on...

the only issue i see with it right now is if someone does blunt malice/badmashi and steal or damage the machine, or if the RO is corrupt he may try to misfeed the machine with extra votes issued to same voter... so they need cameras on top of the machine which RO controls, not the one where voter presses button...

this system fool proofs dead people casting votes, rouge votes, bogus votes, and vote wastage from ticking improperly, wrong party, etc...
Please try to understand my point.

EVM should be used because of the reasons you mentioned (...system fool proofs dead people casting votes, rouge votes, bogus votes, and vote wastage from ticking improperly, wrong party, etc...)

EVM should give the initial result without any of the fake and forged votes. BUT then afterwards paper ballots must be counted to legitimize election exercise and logically clean bowled opposition. Because if you do not count the paper votes then opposition will say that the elections were fixed.

Hence doing both EVM and later counting paper votes you kill their argument and achieve your purpose of fair and free elections.

baalti

Please try to understand my point.

EVM should be used because of the reasons you mentioned (...system fool proofs dead people casting votes, rouge votes, bogus votes, and vote wastage from ticking improperly, wrong party, etc...)

EVM should give the initial result without any of the fake and forged votes. BUT then afterwards paper ballots must be counted to legitimize election exercise and logically clean bowled opposition. Because if you do not count the paper votes then opposition will say that the elections were fixed.

Hence doing both EVM and later counting paper votes you kill their argument and achieve your purpose of fair and free elections.
yes, however, any such legitimate voting the corrupt opposition will not agree to... it will be political suicide by them... so they want the current system in which they have every chance to rig and buy out ppl... thats the main problem ... if the opposition was sincere towards the nation, even the old system was fine...

baalti

in more easier words... opposition will only with a system which will somehow allow them to win by hook or crook