Agha Khan Hospital charged 17 lac Rs to a Corona patient for 13 days

kakamuna420

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
bed charge: 80K
professional fee: 320K
but surgical supplies: 730K???

Looks like someone in billing goofed up... surprising that this was not challenged.
have agakhani friends, per them they don't get discounts... (or may be they were lying ?)
just tell them that you belong to the aga Khani cult. Everything would be free..

kakamuna420

just do self-medication or get advice here. Tell your condition and there are hundreds of Expat Pakistanis doctors who could tell you what to do for free. They are much better doctors than any other one in Pakistan. Last time, I got severely ill, I sent my reports to some doctor friends and they told me which injections to use. The injection costs were like a lac but I would have spent 20 lac in some hospital and ended up in the grave.

kakamuna420

The "Admitting Doctor' would get recorded, bringing in this much revenue!! As a foreign based consultant and having insider information...I can assure you the billing is a scam and patient has been hood winked by misdeclaration. For the past few years, I have been searching for a lawyer to file a case in High Court to uncover the atrocious malignant nature of this cartel. The hospital's land MUST be be reclaimed back by the government. The city deseprately needs a hospital which caters to the people and is not a fancy, treatment centre which robs the people and government. The readers must know that the Hospital is NOT paying a single penny of ANY tax to the government..they don't even need to pay customs duty on their medical equipment.
how would you fight a pimp cult?

jani1

Agha Khan hospital must be regulated by government , they charge too much , and they don't pay any taxes registered as charity hospital.

They only give concession to aghakhanis or very few other people , they don't have any standard criteria for charity don't show any rules to patient insist that rules are secret for charity selection.

Government should take strict action against this hospital and regulate their prices. Also regulate and standardize their charity/concessions it must not be biased to one community or register them as commercial hospital and charge them heavy taxes.

بھئی ان کی یونیورسٹی کا معلوم ہے۔۔ کیا چارج کرتے ہیں۔۔
ڈاکٹر بنانے کا ایک کروڑ۔۔ اور تنخواہ صرف تیس ہزار۔۔۔

ایک سو سیٹوں میں صرف پانچ پر سکالر شپ دیتے ہیں، وہ بھی جب آپ پہلے سال کے بیس لاکھ جمع کراو۔۔

سرکاری زمین ۔۔ٹیکس فری اور خیراتی ادارہ ۔۔ مگر لوٹتے دونوں ہاتھوں سے ہیں۔۔

زمین بھی کراچی کی مہینگی ترین۔۔۔

چلو زمین دی تو دی۔۔ مگر جس نے بھی انہیں ٹیکس فری بنایا ملک سے بڑی غداری کی۔۔۔

jani1

who the ۔۔۔ this spanish chick?

او بھئی انہیں اپنا منہ دکھاتے شرم آتی ہے۔۔ کارنامے جو ایسے ہیں۔۔ تو کھبی مرد تو کھبی عورت بن جاتے ہیں۔۔ان کی کمائی کا ذریعہ ہے یہ ۔۔ اس لیئے درگزر کریں ۔۔​

Senorita

Senator (1k+ posts)
He is a paid Buttwari whose tribe looted the country to the core & made it bankrupt

You must be talking about Aleema Khan his Aunty who has yet to pay her full fine to FBR that his Crackhead brother brokered with then Chief Justice only to keep her wrinkly ass out of jail ?

asadqudsi

Senator (1k+ posts)
A private hospital is by definition private, means you go there on your own choosing. You don't go to an expensive restaurant and complain about prices.

Where Gulshan e iqbal now sits , used to be an out skirt of Karachi back in the days and a good part of it was Aga Khan's ancestral hunting ground, including where the Karachi central jail now sits and if I am not mistaken where subzi mandi was located. So the university land was a quid pro quo. Zardari tried to sell the Karachi Jail site and turned out state does not own that land.

Modest

You must be talking about Aleema Khan his Aunty who has yet to pay her full fine to FBR that his Crackhead brother brokered with then Chief Justice only to keep her wrinkly ass out of jail ?
I am talking about your horny aunty Maryam Qatari who celebrated honeymoon before marriage in garage with double shiftian Cap. Safdar while Noora Butt was busy in his affair with Tahira Syed ?

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
it is expensive hospital
and doctors in aga khan also work and transfer to Gulf countries
and basically it is for rich people

JusticeLover

Minister (2k+ posts)

بھئی ان کی یونیورسٹی کا معلوم ہے۔۔ کیا چارج کرتے ہیں۔۔
ڈاکٹر بنانے کا ایک کروڑ۔۔ اور تنخواہ صرف تیس ہزار۔۔۔

ایک سو سیٹوں میں صرف پانچ پر سکالر شپ دیتے ہیں، وہ بھی جب آپ پہلے سال کے بیس لاکھ جمع کراو۔۔

سرکاری زمین ۔۔ٹیکس فری اور خیراتی ادارہ ۔۔ مگر لوٹتے دونوں ہاتھوں سے ہیں۔۔

زمین بھی کراچی کی مہینگی ترین۔۔۔

چلو زمین دی تو دی۔۔ مگر جس نے بھی انہیں ٹیکس فری بنایا ملک سے بڑی غداری کی۔۔۔

Average 20k 30k daily aik emergency ky patient say laity hain ,aur agar koye chota surgical procedure karna pary gaye to 70 k us din ka bana lain.
Aur agar surgical procedure thora bara ha to 5 say 15 lakh tak uska laga lain.

Spartacus

13 days + Cornoa + Aga Khan Hospital = 1700000 PKR

It is a very normal charge for the hospital like Aga Khan !!!!

No need to make DRAMA !!!!!

liuali

MPA (400+ posts)
Ilaj sirf Agakhan hospital se hi karana hai magar fees jinnah hospital wali deni hai. Agar gloves ka issue hai too hospital ko sue kardoo. Sare Karachi ke Seth log isi jaga se ilaj karwate hai.

Overseas me bhi private hospitals ka kharcha bahut ziada hai but govt. hospitals ka hal itna acha hai ke private me jane ki zaroorat nahi parte..

ali-raj

Those who are bashing the patient on treatment from Agha Khan are wrong. It's every one right to get best treatment they can afford.
But Agha Khan is extorting money since long and they have these "UNCLAIMABLE" benefits since the dawn of Agha Khan Hospital.

If you check the Admission form, it says, the patient cannot claim the charges in any court of law, hence they can charge whatever they want.

Like give me a break, 19 packets of latex gloves with 100 pairs in each. what were they doing , poking at each other rectum?

Pnauman Elvy

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
A private hospital is by definition private, means you go there on your own choosing. You don't go to an expensive restaurant and complain about prices.

I don't know what is your age and background. Your reply will make more sense in light of that. I hope you were being ironic when you gave this rationale.
People of state are NOT sheep for slaughter. Private Business is not omnipotent. Public'c welfare and well being cannot be suspended by private profit.
In this instance, only the operations are private. This hospital was never given permission to operate as a BUSINESS but only as a non-profit charity hospital!!! They were granted free land, tax immunity for that purpose strictly.

JusticeLover

Minister (2k+ posts)
13 days + Cornoa + Aga Khan Hospital = 1700000 PKR

It is a very normal charge for the hospital like Aga Khan !!!!

No need to make DRAMA !!!!!

Its not charity hospital declare it commercial hospital pay proper taxes.
It should be regulated in terms of price and class of service.