an example of Freedom of speech

AhmadSaleem264

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes and No.

Hitler killed all those people because he was following an ideology and so was Stalin - They were both dictatorships. This is why West doesnt value ideologies over human lives and they moved on. Britain and France do not hold colonies anymore but I still think they are responsibile and there is a discussion going on in UK by academics whether UK should accept responsibilities for their genocidal actions. All countries made some mistakes at some point but whats important is what direction they are moving in.

The part where I disagree is Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq was under the countrol of an unpopular tyrant and dictator who gassed millions of his own people and invaded 2-3 neighbouring countries. I would argue that Iraq was actually liberated and so was Afghanistan from rag tag taliban militias who were running the country. Now Afghanistan is on a better path towards democracy and their people might actually have a chance for a better life.
In one way or another, every country is following an ideology. In modern society, we have just named them as national interests. Now, most of our ideologies surround around our interests. Hitler and Stalin killed people in the name of the ideology whereas Britain and France killed millions of people for their own interest and greed.
Frace still has active colonies inside of Africa. The economy and politics of 14 countries are still controlled by France. To be honest it was a sheer shocker for me that how the media chose to hide it and no one talks about it.

Even after colonialism. France and Britain went into the war with several countries. They attacked egypt because egypt nationalized the suez canal. So Britain and French were furious that how egypt dared to exercise its authority inside its own country and decided to go into a war. Britain also went into war with Argentina over Falkland islands.
Afghanistan is still the same as it was 20 years ago. More civilians have been killed by the USA and its allies than by taliban and in fact many times more. Millions of people died because of the actions of USA in Iraq. How many people did Saddam kill?
Leave Iraq and Afghanistan, USA has plundered dozens of countries be it Vietnam, Cambodia, Nicaragua, and many others.
I mean just hear it from Chomsky