Any way of getting rid of fancy Urdu fonts.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
My Urdu reading isn't as fluent as it should be and being in a Arab country I'm more used to reading simple flat urdu/arabic text. When the page first loads I have that than but after a few seconds all the urdu text changes fonts to squiggly text ( like Urdu newspaper font ) anything from my side on my browser I can do to disable these wiggly fonts ?

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
My Urdu reading isn't as fluent as it should be and being in a Arab country I'm more used to reading simple flat urdu/arabic text. When the page first loads I have that than but after a few seconds all the urdu text changes fonts to squiggly text ( like Urdu newspaper font ) anything from my side on my browser I can do to disable these wiggly fonts ?
Yes you can change theme of the site if possible

Terminator;

Minister (2k+ posts)
It has been programmed by the site developers, to convert it to Jamil Noori Nastaleeq, a famous & probably most likable Urdu font,,

fahid_asif

Senator (1k+ posts)
Apart from this thread, i would even suggest to change Jameel Nastaliq. It is too robotic type and lacks aesthetic beauty. Being a nastaliq calligrapher, i would recommend Lahori Nastaliq. Faiz Nastaliq or Mehr nastaliq are much more beautiful than Noori Nastaliq.

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Apart from this thread, i would even suggest to change Jameel Nastaliq. It is too robotic type and lacks aesthetic beauty. Being a nastaliq calligrapher, i would recommend Lahori Nastaliq. Faiz Nastaliq or Mehr nastaliq are much more beautiful than Noori Nastaliq.
Mehr Nastaliq has no English

Terminator;

Minister (2k+ posts)
I would VOTE for Alvi Lahori Font,, Every thing works fine, i.e, Zair,, Zabar,, Paish, Tashdeed,etc

fahid_asif

Senator (1k+ posts)

I just wrote this. I'm Chemistry Teacher actually and Calligraphy is my hobby for Dopamine boost. For presentation, art work or designing Lahori nastaliq is far more superior than others and for plain text, webs, books etc jameel nastaliq is best one.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

I just wrote this. I'm Chemistry Teacher actually and Calligraphy is my hobby for Dopamine boost. For presentation, art work or designing Lahori nastaliq is far more superior than others and for plain text, webs, books etc jameel nastaliq is best one.
Bro, tbh I've always found this to be very hard to read and ugly looking every since I was a kid. What I despise more is our Newspaper headlines written in this font and words all squeezed without any read order in a small box.

I'm more used to the style of font the Quran in usually printed in.