Asad Umar - A Nice Man but a Useless Finance Minister

Altruist

Minister (2k+ posts)
Asad Umar is a nice & humble person. He is easy to talk to and listens with a cool head.

But the man was a useless Finance Minster. He has no solution how to get the country out of the finical mess left by last two regimes; PPP & PML (N). After nine months of spinning his wheels, he couldn't produce any result and has to let go. He has his turn and now he should shut up and sit on the sidelines and let other people do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Respect

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
i agree with you, there was something he said where he gave up his hands and said oil can save us. I did not hear it myself correct me if i am wrong.

a very good speaker but turned out to be useless finance minister. he is like a good football commentator who shows the faults and good points of teams but when the commentator becomes a football manager he flops really bad......

i would also liek too point out i do not trust the present finance minister due to his infliation in the past with PPP, not sure what are his credentials and can he be really trusted with economy.

Respect

Don’t try to start such idiotic threads with no insight, you can’t create rift like that.
Asad Umer is honest n’ intelligent person who has no personal motives.
And he mentioned his nine months performance right on the NA floor not in the tv show.
no one said he is not honest we agree with that but unfortunately for him the perception he gave amongst media and people that he is not cut for the job. He was playing like a test player in a 20/20 match. if there was confidence in him he would have been still there to take him down was not easy decision for IK.

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
There is no doubt that the poties party is full with many idiots . If you really check them all up, you will find almost 90 % of the poties are either useless , as you said, or incompetence as it has been proven . The boots are continue to support Bongi Khan with people like Hafeez Shaikh and Reza Bakir. Even with the technocrats , poties are still heading downhill . What Asad has said in the Parliament is expose the hidden sugar Mafia with PTI . Obviously it is going to hurt every Poty under the horizon . Get some bandage or have Burnol handy . He will continue to speak as free as he can be . At least some find guts to tell the truth .

Respect

no tax on sugar or cooking oil is what advise he is giving big wowwwwwww. Easy for AU to sit on sidelines and give his opinion, believe you me he would have been on the firing line if he was still finance minister...

Vitamin_C

9 months is not enough time to evaluate Asad Umar. PTI is hijacked by ex PMLN and PPPP cabinet ministers. It seems like those who are advising IK are also ex-PMLN.

Sugar and cooking oil are basic necessities in Pakistani kitchen, it has highest ratings on pricing index, if you tax such goods it will have the highest impact on increase in inflation.

Tax things that are used by the rich not by poor.

Zaidi Qasim

9 months is not enough time to evaluate Asad Umar. PTI is hijacked by ex PMLN and PPPP cabinet ministers. It seems like those who are advising IK are also ex-PMLN.

Sugar and cooking oil are basic necessities in Pakistani kitchen, it has highest ratings on pricing index, if you tax such goods it will have the highest impact on inflation.

Tax things that are used by the rich not by poor.
Yeah, blame their incompetence and uselessness on PMLN ...

CANSUK

no one said he is not honest we agree with that but unfortunately for him the perception he gave amongst media and people that he is not cut for the job. He was playing like a test player in a 20/20 match. if there was confidence in him he would have been still there to take him down was not easy decision for IK.

First listen to his nine months performance and I’m sure you listened that’s why you started and supported this thread. He was quite successful and much better than the current FM
For 20/20 you need Ishaq Dar who runaway in his very own Govt.
I told you guys have no insight about economy you just want to bash AU, otherwise if you think he’s honest and he’s not FM anymore so what’s a point of bashing.

Last edited:

ARSHAD2011

Minister (2k+ posts)
Asad Umar is a nice & humble person. He is easy to talk to and listens with a cool head.

But the man was a useless Finance Minster. He has no solution how to get the country out of the finical mess left by last two regimes; PPP & PML (N). After nine months of spinning his wheels, he couldn't produce any result and has to let go. He has his turn and now he should shut up and sit on the sidelines and let other people do the job.

Personally i also like Asad Umar, he is nice and honorable man...
Like as you said above he is useless as Finance Minster...
Same like Imran is also good and trustworthy human, but total failed as Prim minister.

Oldwish

Senator (1k+ posts)

Sugar and cooking oil are basic necessities in Pakistani kitchen, it has highest ratings on pricing index, if you tax such goods it will have the highest impact on increase in inflation.

Tax things that are used by the rich not by poor.?
It seems like those who are advising IK are also ex-PMLN.?
You have enough understanding that "Tax things that are used by the rich not by poor."
But IK is a kid that any ayra ghera can misguided him in such simple issues.?
I personally admire your faith.

Vitamin_C

The people who are advising IK on cabinet positions and on high level government position are all ex-pmln, even the secretary establishment is a NS man. I wont give you names here but NS's people are calling the shots in top positions in this country.

It seems like those who are advising IK are also ex-PMLN.?
You have enough understanding that "Tax things that are used by the rich not by poor."
But IK is a kid that any ayra ghera can misguided him in such simple issues.?
I personally admire your faith.

Oldwish

Senator (1k+ posts)
The people who are advising IK on cabinet positions and on high level government position are all ex-pmln, even the secretary establishment is a NS man. I wont give you names here but NS's people are calling the shots in top positions in this country.
Going in circles serves no purpose.
Being nice does not mean you are capable. Taking and expecting responsibility is important to grow up.

sardar388

Senator (1k+ posts)
Don’t try to start such idiotic threads with no insight, you can’t create rift like that.
Asad Umer is honest n’ intelligent person who has no personal motives.
And he mentioned his nine months performance right on the NA floor not in the tv show.

You've rightly caught on to the thread starter's motives. They still fear that Asad Umar might somehow come back or have greater influence in the PTI gov't and therefore won't stop maligning him until they get rid of him in politics....But that's not going to happen insha Allah.

sshahid

Siasat.pk - Blogger
AU is very humble, educated and noble man. Whatever you say, he tried very hard while the economy is so screwed up by both mega corrupt parties unfortunately ruling the country for decades. In addition to the economic woes he had to face dumb and stupid malicious campaign against him and PTI government. I have great faith in him that he would have achieved big success only if he was left alone from the media onslaught on him despite the messed up economic challenges.

Khan125

Come up with some logic, instead of this shit.

Khan125

no tax on sugar or cooking oil is what advise he is giving big wowwwwwww. Easy for AU to sit on sidelines and give his opinion, believe you me he would have been on the firing line if he was still finance minister...
Gadhey: us ne no tax ka nhi kaha,
Us ne poocha hey k kion cheeni ki qeemtain itni barh rahee hain?
Koi JEHAGEER TAREEN ka PAALTU jawab de ga?
Cheeni 64 se 78 RS per KG kion jo gaee?

Will_Bite

Yeah...he didnt know.
He reduced the current account deficit by 70% without even going to the IMF, but he had no solution.
He stood like a wall in front of IMF when they tried to bulldoze him with pre-conditions. Yeah, he had no solution.
He was brutally honest in whatever was going on on the financial front. Never gave fudged figures, or made false promises. Yeah, he had no solution.

If Pakistan today, is out of the default zone, it is because of Asad Umar. Hafeez Sheikh so far has just given in to IMFs terms, hook line and sinker. So far we havent seen any wizardry from him.