ATM Scam / Fake POS Transactions

Naveed Hashmi

Dear All, This is my first time writing here with the hope to get valuable suggestions and feedback. Actually on 16th Oct 107 while i was in my office (Multan) i start receiving messages from my bank against some purchases made in Karachi super stores,

When i have checked my account it was debited Rs150k from my account , whereas ATM Debit Visa card was with me in Multan. I eventually made a call to call center and requested them to block my card also lounged a complain. Next morning i visited my bank and send them written application mentioning that if i wont receive favorable response within 45 days i will contact BANKING MOHTISB.

Bank told me that its 45 days process and our head office will investigate this matter then we will respond you.

I just need to know is there any more ? i can do ? I have done right steps ? or any other suggestions ??

Regards

ATMFraud.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Naveed Hashmi

Dear All, My ATM debit visa card has been scammed , some one in Karachi did fake POS transactions and my account debited. I did complain to my bank also and they require 45 days to investigate the matter. Please advice ....

RashidAhmed

Staff member
Siasat.pk Web Desk
اگر آپ نے چیک کرنے کے بعد فوری قدم اٹھایا ہے تو اچھا کیا ہے۔۔ جس نے بھی یہ کیا ہے وہ ٹریس ہوجائے گا۔۔۔ اب آپکو مشورہ ہے کہ جو آپکے ساتھ ہوا ہے اسے ایف آئی اے کو بھی رپورٹ کردیں۔۔ ملتان میں بھی ایف آئی اے کا آفس ہوگا

بنک کونسا ہے؟ کریڈٹ کارڈیا ڈیبٹ کارڈ کیسے ہیک ہوا؟ کسی اے ٹی ایم پر استمعال کیا یا آن لائن؟

hdaackda

Councller (250+ posts)
dont worry, inshallah now that you immediately lodged complaint, and the fact that you were in Multan while card was used in Karachi (probably by similar chinese gang) will go in your favour. Happened to my cousin once, bank returned his money after 45 days (standard chartered). They even took out CCTV footage from the store where it was used and some people in VIGO bought 2 HUGE LED TVs on it.