Bodies left in Streets of Ecuador City hit by Coronavirus

All because of fear. Which has successfully penetrated in subconscious minds and has taken over rationality.
Hope siasat.pk will not start deleting comments also as they have blocked me from posting threads.

Eyeaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
All because of fear. Which has successfully penetrated in subconscious minds and has taken over rationality.
Hope siasat.pk will not start deleting comments also as they have blocked me from posting threads.
It was more of an issue of mismanagement by city officials and services, curfew in the area and lock down, instructions by government not to touch/handle bodies except by professionals and of course a slum-like neighborhood in the largest city.

There is fear everywhere no doubt (people should be afraid of epidemics -why not?) however this was more of a management issue than fear.
The same had happened in the initial days of Ebola epidemic, then government/doctors were uncertain how to handle the dead and reluctant to give clear advice to the people and services. People left the dead outside,, were those Ebola victims or not.

It was more of an issue of mismanagement by city officials and services, curfew in the area and lock down, instructions by government not to touch/handle bodies except by professionals and of course a slum-like neighborhood in the largest city.

There is fear everywhere no doubt (people should be afraid of epidemics -why not?) however this was more of a management issue than fear.
The same had happened in the initial days of Ebola epidemic, then government/doctors were uncertain how to handle the dead and reluctant to give clear advice to the people and services. People left the dead outside,, were those Ebola victims or not.
People should be careful about epidemics but not afraid to the extent that this fear takes away their rationality.

Eyeaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
People should be careful about epidemics but not afraid to the extent that this fear takes away their rationality.
Perhaps i could have also made a long list of instructions! But humans are humans. Fear scare or wars have their own mode of "rationality" - When when one is helpless, the modes and rules of self-defense/ protection are different. I wont dictate unless I am in the middle of situation or I have authority with force.