Busy hands are Happy hands. Keep media busy

stargazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
In my opinion, PMIK will be helped by 2 programs without much capital:

1---PMIK needs to designate ONE person whose only job is to hold a daily media talk about the projects which have been started by the government all over Pakistan.
For example one day about big dams, 2nd day about small dams, 3rd day on Insaaf sehat cards, 4th day on Kamyab Javaan, 5th day on Kisan card, 6th day on exports,7th day on jobs created, 8th day on IT, 9th day on agricultural produce, 10th day on dairy farms, so on and so forth.
This will easily take 60 days to complete the cycle and then start all over again highlighting the progress made in the meantime.
This person should get briefings from one ministry daily and then do a media talk.
This talk can be followed by the minister the next day to answer questions about the project. keep it to 30 minutes questions answer from media.
In my thinking this will reduce the press talk that is stolen by useless issues which have only negative bearing on our minds.

2--- Start Legal education programs ESPECIALLY about the rights regarding Police, Taxation, Inheritance, Property, and real estate on PTV.
I think this will help people not only be educated about their rights, reduce the policegardi but also challenge the Baboos of Pakistan Beaurocracy to walk a better line.

Last edited by a moderator:

silverchloride

Councller (250+ posts)
The problem is not that PTI / Imran Khan's team are not highlighting these positives, it is that the media focuses more on the trivial matters and negativity. Senate elections are a good examples - when the entire focus shifted on a small incident that happened outside (due to PMLN Provocation).

My suggestion would be in order to keep media busy:

- random unfounded rumours or news should be spread on regular intervals so that the mirch-masala sahafat have something to dwell upon. This way they can waste their own time by propagating news which will have zero substance. They will never give proper airtime to good work being done.

- more investment on social media engagement and countering the main stream narrative with evidence and clips. This is already happening, with so many volunteers doing it on their own and showing the real face of these so-called prime time anchors who think they know it all.

- More investment into PTV as the leading news channel. If the government is able to bring viewership to PTV through a positive coverage and top quality analysis and reporting, this will be a benchmark for others to follow. It is a sad fact that sensationalism sells. So anything and everything that can discredit the government or Imran Khan will be highlighted by these private channels, and no matter what the ministers/spokespersons say or do. It will make zero impact.

Media always has a selective memory. If anyone from PTI would have said 'media barks like dogs' they would have been boycotted, but since it was the media's golden boy Bilawal, everyone seems to have forgotten...

stargazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Great idea, please ensure the execution of this by Government
I can only do my part as best as I know how to and the rest is up to my Allah to get this message if it is good and accepted by Almighty.
If I had access to someone in power I would have done more. But, I am very hopeful because we have people who want the same things.