China Pakistan Relationship! your views

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
With all this "China love in the air" I will like to remind everyone how Nations think for their own self-interest and relations can change very fast. President Mohammad Ayub Khan Visited Us in 1961 he was given a parade as welcome because the U.S needed Pakistan to align with the U.S and not the USSR and now look at Pakistan relation with the U.S.

I will put forth a few arguments I have come across and please share your thoughts as well.

1. China is giving Pakistan weapons. The U.S also gave Pakistan weapon, F-16 just to name one, but China is building j-17 and now j-20 with Pakistan, in reality, China is doing all the research and Pakistan is just putting few leggo blocks together.

2. China is giving loans to Pakistan, the U.S gave millions if not billions to Pakistan which went to politicians and Generals accounts. China is giving loans to build infrastructure, yes they are but those loans are in such high interest that Pakistan will never be able to repay them in the state Pakistan economy is in.

3. China is the enemy of India, china needs Pakistan. The U.S was enemy of USSR and they needed Pakistan as well and they used Pakistan then left it hanging in the air with the Taliban. If India decides to leave the alliance with the U.S and align its interest with China, will China still prefer Pakistan over India? Indian economy is much bigger than Pakistan economy.

Pakistan took a few advantages of the relationship with the U.S, what has Pakistan learned for it and is applying those lessons with the relationship with China?
everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone makes their points regarding how much knowledge or experience they have, no one is Einstein not saying you can't be one if your try to be, please respect others views and opinions and let's discuss in a respectable manner!

P.S this is also the topic of discussion of youtube video I'm working on!

Respect

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
PK needs to be strong economically and military wise as well, if India and China come in good terms this will become a major problem for PK. However unfortunately Pakistan is weak and always has relied on others.

But for now they are in good terms and pray they stay that way. Because you get in the wrong way of Chinese you could end up in serious problems just look at what is happening to Indians.

Last edited:

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
With all this "China love in the air" I will like to remind everyone how Nations think for their own self-interest and relations can change very fast. President Mohammad Ayub Khan Visited Us in 1961 he was given a parade as welcome because the U.S needed Pakistan to align with the U.S and not the USSR and now look at Pakistan relation with the U.S.

I will put forth a few arguments I have come across and please share your thoughts as well.

1. China is giving Pakistan weapons. The U.S also gave Pakistan weapon, F-16 just to name one, but China is building j-17 and now j-20 with Pakistan, in reality, China is doing all the research and Pakistan is just putting few leggo blocks together.

2. China is giving loans to Pakistan, the U.S gave millions if not billions to Pakistan which went to politicians and Generals accounts. China is giving loans to build infrastructure, yes they are but those loans are in such high interest that Pakistan will never be able to repay them in the state Pakistan economy is in.

3. China is the enemy of India, china needs Pakistan. The U.S was enemy of USSR and they needed Pakistan as well and they used Pakistan then left it hanging in the air with the Taliban. If India decides to leave the alliance with the U.S and align its interest with China, will China still prefer Pakistan over India? Indian economy is much bigger than Pakistan economy.

Pakistan took a few advantages of the relationship with the U.S, what has Pakistan learned for it and is applying those lessons with the relationship with China?
everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone makes their points regarding how much knowledge or experience they have, no one is Einstein not saying you can't be one if your try to be, please respect others views and opinions and let's discuss in a respectable manner!

Just one liner on your thread!

ریاستوں کے اصول نہیں ہوتے، ریاستوں کے مفادات ہوتے ہیں

Dream Seller

Just one liner on your thread!

ریاستوں کے اصول نہیں ہوتے، ریاستوں کے مفادات ہوتے ہیں
Well said...just to add to your comment...he mentioned Ayub Khan...he’s a dictator but he’s not a sold out soul whom he’s comparing him with...shareefs and zardaris have not self respect...why would anyone else respect them

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
PK needs to be strong economically and military wise as well, if India and China come in good terms this will become a major problem for PK. However, unfortunately, Pakistan is weak and always has relied on others.

But for now they are in good terms and pray they stay that way. Because you get in the wrong way of Chinese you could end up in serious problems just look at what is happening to Indians.

I say the biggest challenge is Economical crisis, the fastest Pakistan can stand on its feet it won't have to rely on others!

Dr Adam

i did mention the same thing "Nations think for their own self-interest"

Yes, you did.
I just reinforced to strengthen what you said in order for us to keep the debate clean and academic. Soon you will see many scholars with their disgusting remarks.

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
Well said...just to add to your comment...he mentioned Ayub Khan...he’s a dictator but he’s not a sold out soul whom he’s comparing him with...shareefs and zardaris have not self respect...why would anyone else respect them
what is your opinion on this, please give me more than one-liner ;)

Last edited:

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
Yes, you did.
I just reinforced to strengthen what you said in order for us to keep the debate clean and academic. Soon you will see many scholars with their disgusting remarks.

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
Don't worry Pak is in safe hands.......in all respect.
In Shaa Allah, I believe there's nothing wrong with asking a question and looking at things from different angles. Most of articles and magazines published by think tanks all over the world do just that. so let me ask you your opinion on, Pakistan took a few advantages of the relationship with the U.S, what has Pakistan learned from it and is applying those lessons with the relationship with China?

Diesel

true but that time pakistan was just 12 years old.. very early stage.. after passing through good n bad experiences Only china stoodfast wid pakistan.

Wadaich

In Shaa Allah, I believe there's nothing wrong with asking a question and looking at things from different angles. Most of articles and magazines published by think tanks all over the world do just that. so let me ask you your opinion on, Pakistan took a few advantages of the relationship with the U.S, what has Pakistan learned from it and is applying those lessons with the relationship with China?

Look at current stand-off between China and Endia. ........ Do U see Pak somwhere? No. There are certain signs in it. Check if these fall in the lessons learned?

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
true but that time pakistan was just 12 years old.. very early stage.. after passing through good n bad experiences Only china stoodfast wid pakistan.
fun fact, The credit goes to PPP- Bhutto for Wooving the Chinese panda.

Wadaich

That was past. Whatever we got is an asset -ve or +ve. Now we are pitched in a better position.

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
Look at current stand-off between China and Endia. ........ Do U see Pak somwhere? No. There are certain signs in it. Check if these fall in the lessons learned?
HAHAHHAHA well said sir!
its good to be strong, Pakistan did this in kargil and we had to run to U.S to ask for peace and China is doing it and India is running to U.S for peace lol

I do see a great danger as Modi "56 inch" chest took a beating and right-wing crackers care all about their images so he will retaliate against Nepal or Pakistan but that's a discussion for a different topic. will upload youtube video on this issue tonight.

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
That was past. Whatever we got is an asset -ve or +ve. Now we are pitched in a better position.
agreed, Pakistan as long as India stays with the U.S and not China. Pakistanis do need to know that Pakistan has to stand its own feet and not rely on other superpowers, this is my reason to make this thread,

Wadaich

HAHAHHAHA well said sir!
its good to be strong, Pakistan did this in kargil and we had to run to U.S to ask for peace and China is doing it and India is running to U.S for peace lol

I do see a great danger as Modi "56 inch" chest took a beating and right-wing crackers care all about their images so he will retaliate against Nepal or Pakistan but that's a discussion for a different topic. will upload youtube video on this issue tonight.

The Chadd's are good only at attacking the helpless and defenseless public. When it comes to real world stand-off they turn their lower back to the opponent and get big time drilled.