China to supply COVID-19 vaccine to Pakistan for trials

FarooqShad

Senator (1k+ posts)
302717_5742661_updates.jpg

China has agreed to supply coronavirus vaccines to Pakistan to conduct tests. If the results prove effective, Pakistan will ensure its most vulnerable segment of the population — elderly, health-care workers and people with medical conditions associated with serious cases of COVID-19 — are vaccinated, as per a report in The Wall Street Journal.

According to the publication, officials said that the supplies, once proven effective and safe, will be used to vaccinate close to one-fifth of the country’s population according to the agreement.

The WSJ said that it is one of the first agreements China has reached with any country to test its coronavirus vaccine in populations outside its borders.

Officials also said that Pakistan was also negotiating with a second Chinese company to conduct trials of its vaccine in the country.

"China hasn’t been a major vaccine producer globally. It needs to test its COVID-19 vaccines outside its borders because coronavirus cases in China have dwindled and it is harder to find the population diversity required," read the report.

The publication reported that the state-owned China National Pharmaceutical Group, commonly known as Sinopharm, has teamed up with Karachi University’s International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences to hold the trials in Pakistan.

“Pakistan would get the vaccine on a priority basis,” an official involved in forging the agreement told the Wall Street Journal. However, the official clarified that the financial terms of the deal are yet to be finalised.

The newspaper reported that Pakistan will conduct Phase 1 trials of the vaccine and then move rapidly to the final stage Phase 3 trial. The final phase would require tens of thousands of volunteers.

According to the newspaper, China has developed three coronavirus vaccines which are in the Phase 3 trials, all of them relying on hte traditional inactive virus technology.

The Chinese companies are also carrying out final trials in other countries hit by COVID-19 such as the United Arab Emirates and Brazil.

The race for the coronavirus vaccines has heated up in recent weeks with Western countries also pushing their vaccines to the final trial stage. COVID-19 vaccines are currently being developed by the Oxford University and the US-based Moderna Inc.

Though Pakistan lifted the coronavirus lockdown a few days ago, government officials have urged masses to implement COVID-19 SOPs and precautionary measures in order to thwart a second wave of the virus.

The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) had announced last week that the coronavirus lockdown would be relaxed further, with markets, shopping malls, cinemas, dine-in restaurants, salons, gyms, eateries and other businesses reopening across the country, including major cities such as Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, and Quetta.

Nightcrawl

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I suppose that you was your daily dose of useless sarcasm, or just plain lack of knowledge.

Vaccine trials around the world have entered stage 2 and even 3 in some cases, where they are being tested on humans.
Yep China is doing the same in uae

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
I suppose that you was your daily dose of useless sarcasm, or just plain lack of knowledge.

Vaccine trials around the world have entered stage 2 and even 3 in some cases, where they are being tested on humans.
aright then test it on your own Chinese people then. Does that make sense? or flying pass your head?

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Read the article to find the reason. .....but then again, you go by headlines, tweets, whatapp forwards.

China has the virus under control, and doesnt have enough willing participants, hence the need to branch out.
Would the poor people in Pakistan know that its in trial phase and not clinically proven? would they get compensated for the trials? money? In Europe and North America, humans get compensated for participating in trials.
I am sure poors in Pakistan will be tested without being told !

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Would the poor people in Pakistan know that its in trial phase and not clinically proven? would they get compensated for the trials? money? In Europe and North America, humans get compensated for participating in trials.
I am sure poors in Pakistan will be tested without being told !

You are free to jump to your conclusions. We have had mullahs who have misled people into thinking polio vaccine is an anti-fertility drug...so why not create further conspiracy theories by bringing up the money factor. Always works.

At this stage, the priority is to get a vaccine in place so that the world can benefit from it.

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
You are free to jump to your conclusions. We have had mullahs who have misled people into thinking polio vaccine is an anti-fertility drug...so why not create further conspiracy theories by bringing up the money factor. Always works.

At this stage, the priority is to get a vaccine in place so that the world can benefit from it.
This has nothing to do with Polio vaccine. Do not confuse the issue by comparing apples with oranges.
To Recap : Why is Pakistani Public serving as guinea pigs to trial a vaccine? and will they be compensated for their participation? My fear is that they won't even know that this is a Trial vaccine. Normally these trials are done on animals !

Ratan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Long live China Pakistan friendship.

Time & again China has proved that it is definitely & friend in need. Today if Hindu stan is scared of Pakistan because of our Military capabilities then credit goes solely to China.

Pakistan being one sixth in size & population of India, dangerously obsessed by Indians. As if at par with India.

Surrender-Feku Modi needs simply anti Pakistani rhetoric to win an election, more than any narration of any development he did for India.
Indian Generals need anti Pakistan slogans to get promotion,
Indian Media's main TRP is anti Pakistan propaganda.
Bollywood box office success guaranteed with anti Pakistani imaginary subjects.

By spreading hate against Pakistan & Muslims India is isolating itself from his neighbours. Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Afghanistan, Iran ...slowly drifting apart from India.
I am sure, if Pakistan calls a SAARC summit , this time except Bhutan & India all other countries would agree unlike last time.

China is the future...(Economically & Militerally) this is not Chinese propaganda, rather dozens of western 'Think tanks'...put in their thysis time & again.

Will_Bite

This has nothing to do with Polio vaccine. Do not confuse the issue by comparing apples with oranges.
To Recap : Why is Pakistani Public serving as guinea pigs to trial a vaccine? and will they be compensated for their participation? My fear is that they won't even know that this is a Trial vaccine. Normally these trials are done on animals !

Animal trials are done in stage 1. This trial is in stage 3, where its tested on humans. And compensation for trials is a token amount. So regardless of whether Pakistanis get compensated or not is meaningless. This cause is much larger than that.

Your expectations are in line with those who are looking to capitalize on such stuff..sell kidneys, sell blood, sell plasma. Everything is about cash .

Will_Bite

FYI
Sinopharm is already conducting human trials in UAE. I guess Pakistan should 'refuse' to be a part of it unless they are given a plate of biryani along with

Judicary-Media Mafia

MPA (400+ posts)
Patwari I don’t know why you worried about Pakistan and it’s public when you and your corrupt leaders been looting them and been lying to them past 35 years. It doesn’t sound good from someone who is on wrong direction him self.

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Patwari I don’t know why you worried about Pakistan and it’s public when you and your corrupt leaders been looting them and been lying to them past 35 years. It doesn’t sound good from someone who is on wrong direction him self.
To Recap : Why is Pakistani Public serving as guinea pigs to trial a vaccine? and will they be compensated for their participation? My fear is that they won't even know that this is a Trial vaccine. Normally these trials are done on animals

Judicary-Media Mafia

MPA (400+ posts)
To Recap : Why is Pakistani Public serving as guinea pigs to trial a vaccine? and will they be compensated for their participation? My fear is that they won't even know that this is a Trial vaccine. Normally these trials are done on animals
It’s okay they going to trail on Pmln, Ppp, Anp, Mqm, pmlq, Jui and juif people because poor human developed, corrupt, incompetence they worship corrupt leaders at least use them for vaccine trials they good for nothing anyway. They living donkeys life anyway?

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
It’s okay they going to trail on Pmln, Ppp, Anp, Mqm, pmlq, Jui and juif people because poor human developed, corrupt, incompetence they worship corrupt leaders at least use them for vaccine trials they good for nothing anyway. They living donkeys life anyway?
you are a highly stupid and politically motivated fascist person.
Somebody asks you ; what is the Capital of Italy and your answer would be : OOOO nora they are corrupt and bla blaa
somebody asks you what color is an orange, you will reply : " ANP, MQM etc etc are corrupt.
Cmon Stupid man wake up ! one size doesn't fit all. Check the subject and then reply.