Custom charges on parcel to Pakistan?

akinternational

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistan ko barbad karrahe hain...NRPs se foreign currency chahiye, donation chahiye lekin sahulaten 0 aur mushkilat hai mushkilat...take log Pakistan ki hukumaton aur idaron per laanat bhej den...

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ye laantion ki hakumat hai....the ppl at the top of the government are thieves and this is the way it squeezes overeas Pakistanis

There is only 1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
حکومت کی پالیسی ہے کہ جو چیزیں یہاں بن سکتی ہیں ان پر ڈھیر سارا ٹیکس لگایا جائے تاکہ لوگ باہر سے لانے کی بجائے یہاں سے خریدیں
اسی وجہ سے یہاں کی انڈسٹری چلی ہے

Minister (2k+ posts)
I just sent a parcel to Pakistan from Ireland with the Parcel value 250 euros. My parcel includes, few coffees, chocolate/ snacks, baby clothing, creams, lotions and etc.
Just got a call from Fedex Pakistan that we have to pay 37000 custom charges which is equivalent to 90% of the value!
I requested to send my parcel back but was told still have to pay 37000 charges and return cost otherwise my parcel will be destroy after a certin time!
Can anyone tell me if the have had similar situation and why the custom charges are upto 90% in my case. What is the way out of it?

Thanks
Dear, who told you send it Fedex or DHL, they are the most expensive one. Use some cargo services of Desies.

Scorpionpak

Councller (250+ posts)
I have been sending medicine to Pakistan for last many years and they never charged any customs or fee. But last time when I sent medicine to Pakistan they charge customs on medicine. There was nothing in the parcel except medicines.

Thanks to Imran khan government. Imran Khan government only wants oversees Pakistani to keep sending remittances and buy their garbage bonds

The same medicine in not being manufacturing in Pakistan for last 25 years and there is no substitute of the medicine. Government of Pakistan failed to fulfill its responsibility to make sure smoot availability of medicines to its people and now they are charging customs too.
Sending medicine to your family is one thing, but selling that medicines on Medical Stores at very hefty prices and earning enormous profits without paying a single dime in TAX is another thing. So you are suffering because a Mafia is working on evading taxes through the same channel. So my friend, next time you send medicine, please ask someone who is travelling to Pakistan, that way you don't have to pay anything.

home!

Councller (250+ posts)
Sending medicine to your family is one thing, but selling that medicines on Medical Stores at very hefty prices and earning enormous profits without paying a single dime in TAX is another thing. So you are suffering because a Mafia is working on evading taxes through the same channel. So my friend, next time you send medicine, please ask someone who is travelling to Pakistan, that way you don't have to pay anything.
So If someone travelling and take medicine in luggage, will that not saleable in Pakistan? or that person will pay taxes at the airport?
Is it not the responsibility of government of Pakistan to make sure that all the medicines are available to its people?
Why should someone has to send medicine from abroad?

Scorpionpak

Councller (250+ posts)
So If someone travelling and take medicine in luggage, will that not saleable in Pakistan? or that person will pay taxes at the airport?
Is it not the responsibility of government of Pakistan to make sure that all the medicines are available to its people?
Why should someone has to send medicine from abroad?
WELL YOU SHOULD ASK SOMEONE WHY THEY ARE SENDING MEDICINE FROM ABROAD??? ALSO YOU CAN DECLARE AT AIRPORT THAT MEDICINE YOU ARE CARRYING IS FOR PERSONAL USE NOT FOR SALE, ALSO YOU CAN CARRY LIMITED MEDICINE WHEN YOU TRAVELING, IN CASE CUSTOM'S PEOPLE GET SUSPICIOUS THEY CAN ASK YOU FOR DOCTOR PRESCRIPTION. SO IT'S NOT QUESTIONABLE.