Custom charges on parcel to Pakistan?

llvlludassar

Councller (250+ posts)
I just sent a parcel to Pakistan from Ireland with the Parcel value 250 euros. My parcel includes, few coffees, chocolate/ snacks, baby clothing, creams, lotions and etc.
Just got a call from Fedex Pakistan that we have to pay 37000 custom charges which is equivalent to 90% of the value!
I requested to send my parcel back but was told still have to pay 37000 charges and return cost otherwise my parcel will be destroy after a certin time!
Can anyone tell me if the have had similar situation and why the custom charges are upto 90% in my case. What is the way out of it?

Thanks

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
If you find HS code, it's value would be so cheap but they charges too much on Tukka.

Instead of FedEx, try to contact customs..

leo_pk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Oh yes. Pakistan's charges are atrocious. We have an IT company in Pakistan and we got a device on loan from a UK company to do some integration work. That device was for R&D and had no monetary value as it was to be returned to the UK company after the work was done. Our device got taken by customs and we were asked for around £400 to get it. Made me wish for a moment that I had set-up in India instead. I raised a complaint with citizens portal but there was no action or resolution.

Sorry mate, you can consider your package lost.

Gujjar1

Minister (2k+ posts)
never ever send electronic or such parcel to Pakistan you will never recieve the pracel and even if you want it to be delivered so you must pay a very high price and in some cases even after paying duty you will not be able to get the parcel or package. lol i have experienced it.
i my humble request is that dont listen to or take serious all the claims on social media about Pak post or for that matter about any institution in Pakistan.

CDA main home plan dia pass honay k liye one window operation ka parh k 3 mahiney ho gaye hain abhi tak approve nahi hua.

Last edited:

MRT.abcd

Minister (2k+ posts)
Don't trust Fedex. contact customs if there is a way to contact them. low level customs officers might be involved too. Better launch a complain everywhere you can.

Atif_Ali

MPA (400+ posts)
They make the import almost impossible to stop those who were abusing the system ... the irony is They are Still using it, and WE are facing such problems now ...

Shame of this system and those who are responsiable to fix it.

Atif_Ali

MPA (400+ posts)
Anyway the way out of this is ... go to www.opf.org.pk apply for a foreign remittance card ... its all online ... on remittance card from 10000 till 100,000 /- duty is exempted ... depending on the total amount of remittance you sent last year ...

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
bc chor akathe hue hain wese to khan bara overseas karta bc hum pe mobile tax b laga deya bc inko paise tou chaye per service koi ni dene overseas ko
bc bc bc kartay tum to khud hi bc ho gaye na zain786? .....If you want to swear that much , atleast take 786 out of your name as it is short for Bismillah and it does not sound right before every gaali.

zain786

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
bc bc bc kartay tum to khud hi bc ho gaye na zain786? .....If you want to swear that much , atleast take 786 out of your name as it is short for Bismillah and it does not sound right before every gaali.
eda tu khadim rizvi am talking about our problems ok chill

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Oh yes. Pakistan's charges are atrocious. We have an IT company in Pakistan and we got a device on loan from a UK company to do some integration work. That device was for R&D and had no monetary value as it was to be returned to the UK company after the work was done. Our device got taken by customs and we were asked for around £400 to get it. Made me wish for a moment that I had set-up in India instead. I raised a complaint with citizens portal but there was no action or resolution.

Sorry mate, you can consider your package lost.

Actually charging duties is how it should be, but it doesn’t end there . I regularly import stuff from abroad and the amounts, duty structure etc etc is never clear, then there is gate pass and speed money.There is no certainty or clarity if one is setting up a business.

bl0u81

Senator (1k+ posts)
What 786 is short for Bismillah and you beleive that seriously?

Scorpionpak

Councller (250+ posts)
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY LEFT, SEND THE RECEIVER PERSON TO LOCAL CUSTOM OFFICE, MEET THE GUY INCHARGE THERE, LIKE INSPECTOR OR EXAMINER ( USE SOMEONE FROM FEDEX TO IDENTIFY THE RIGHT PERSON) TALK TO THEM, AND TRY TO FIND A MIDDLE WAY. YOU PAY SOME MONEY, THEY GET THAT MONEY AND YOUR PARCEL WILL BE IN YOUR HANDS. NEXT TIME ASK SOMEONE TRAVELING TO PAKISTAN TO CARRY STUFF YOU WISH TO SEND.

Saboo

saboo tu jahil hai aur dunya jahilon se bari padi hai aab is main kya ?
ہاہاہا....ہاں اس میں کوئی شک نہیں دنیا جاہلوں سے بھری پڑی ہے
لیکن جو تھوڑی بہت کسر تھی بھی وہ اب تمھارے آنے سے پوری ہو گی
ہے....اب ہوا ہاؤس فل ?

Saboo

What 786 is short for Bismillah and you beleive that seriously?
Yes! Like any educated person, I do believe in islamic knowledge of numbers , ilm ul Aadaad or Haroof Abjd.. Any mathematician will tell you that Numbers are fantastically unique and react with each other in mysterious ways....and can influence the environment they are in. Why don't you educate yourself and google it?

home!

Councller (250+ posts)
I have been sending medicine to Pakistan for last many years and they never charged any customs or fee. But last time when I sent medicine to Pakistan they charge customs on medicine. There was nothing in the parcel except medicines.

Thanks to Imran khan government. Imran Khan government only wants oversees Pakistani to keep sending remittances and buy their garbage bonds

The same medicine in not being manufacturing in Pakistan for last 25 years and there is no substitute of the medicine. Government of Pakistan failed to fulfill its responsibility to make sure smoot availability of medicines to its people and now they are charging customs too.

Last edited: