Darren Lehmann urges Australia to tour 'beautiful, passionate' Pakistan

BeingPakistani

Minister (2k+ posts)
cover_1605960946lehman.jpg

Former Australian cricketer Darren Lehmann has urged the Australian cricket team to consider touring Pakistan, provided they are satisfied with the security measures in place.

While speaking to The Sydney Morning Herald, Lehmann recalled fond memories of Australia’s last visit to Pakistan in 1998.

“With all the safety that’s going on behind the scenes … you would think that we’d be very close to going back,” Lehmann told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“It’s a beautiful place to go. I really enjoyed my tour there. Their passion for the game is second to none. I can’t see why we wouldn’t go back if everything is safe, for the good of the game in their country,” he added.

A number of Australia cricketers like Shane Watson, Chris Lynn, Ben Dunk and Ben Cutting have visited Pakistan in recent years to take part in Pakistan Super League (PSL).

Australia are scheduled to play two Tests, three ODIs and three T20Is in Pakistan in February 2022, as part of the ICC’s future tours programme (FTP).

England also recently announced that their Twenty20 International (T20I) side will play two matches in Karachi on October 14 and 15 next year in their first visit to Pakistan since 2005. PCB’s Chief Executive Wasim Khan sees no reason why Australia wouldn’t follow suit and honour their commitment.

“Our international cricket departments are working together on the schedule for February and March 2022,” Wasim said. “There’s been no formal announcement at the moment because there is still a lot of cricket to be played. But all things going well, we’re looking forward to welcoming them in 2022.”

iltaf

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Chief Executive Wasim Khan is an energetic and competent guy, kudos to him. I am sure, he must be doing his best to revamp Pakistan's cricket.