Debate on progress of PMLN - Punjab Government

arslan4u

Minister (2k+ posts)
I wanted to start this debate because everyone knows about PPP's progress but not many people talk about PMLN's progress in Punjab since 2008. Here are some questions we can start with:

1. Do you think Punjab Government has delivered in the past 3 years?

2. Has corruption decreased in government institutions?

3. Is 'sifarish' culture reduced in government institutions?

4. Is there a notable amount of development in Punjab over these 3 years?

5. Are government schools, colleges performing better since 2008?

6. I see many advertisements in the newspapers from Punjab Government (mostly by CM Shehbaz Sharif), do you think its necessary for a government to waste funds for advertising its work?

7. Danish School System is one such project which has been excessively advertised, but do you think it was necessary to spend 5-10 billion rupees on this project instead of improving the standard of already constructed government schools?

8. There is a lack of interest by majority of the Punjab Assembly MPAs and provincial ministers who dont even bother to attend the proceedings when important issues like petrol price or inflation are being discussed.
Source

9. Suspected fake degree holder MPAs unite against media and there is still no progress or action against proven fake degree holders. Source

Some videos related to Punjab Government - PMLN:

Members of Punjab Assembly Angry on Media
Danish School System

PMLN Rally - Most of the participants dont know what its for

MPA Shumaila Rana Fraud case

An old man angry at the Punjab government

Last edited:

alibaba222

Minister (2k+ posts)
bhai jan keya batye punj ke gov key bary may ,in ke karkardgi bhee wasy he jesy wafaq waloo ke, ham apny baroo say ye bat sona kerty tahy key ppp & pml dono choor he ,mager ppp loot ker peysa mulak say bahir lay jati he or pml loot ker mulak key ander he lagati he ,mager is dafa tu pml bhee loot ker bahir lay gee he

Urooj_lbw

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Khadimeaala, ka IQ Level check karao, I would say put both the shareefs infront of me, i will interview them live for u, you will see, where they stand intelectually, bhai is qoom ko ye dono badmaash gunda class bewaquuf bana rahi he oor ham bewaquuf bane jarahe hen

arslan4u

Minister (2k+ posts)
Khadimeaala, ka IQ Level check karao, I would say put both the shareefs infront of me, i will interview them live for u, you will see, where they stand intelectually, bhai is qoom ko ye dono badmaash gunda class bewaquuf bana rahi he oor ham bewaquuf bane jarahe hen

Please keep the discussion related to the progress of Punjab government, you can answer any of the questions of the first post if you like.

arslan4u

Minister (2k+ posts)
Here are my observations on the above points:
1. Do you think Punjab Government has delivered in the past 3 years?
As a citizen of Lahore, Punjab, I have not seen any real progress in Punjab over 3 years. PMLN has only a few projects to show, which are also tainted with corruption, mismanagement and which favor PMLN workers. The answer to this question would be the sum of the answers below.

Not in the least. Corruption is in EVERY government department you can name. Anything, legal or illegal, can be made possible with some money or connections with PMLN. The traffic wardens that were appointed in the previous government had good reputation and did not take bribes. But now they are also becoming corrupt and bribery is spreading throughout Lahore. A possible reason for this might be deprivation of allowances to traffic wardens in Punjab. Rana Sanaullah, law minister of Punjab and PMLN leader is quite popular for land grabbing and torturing of people and owning an illegally constructed building in Lahore.
PMLN representatives are unable to explain how Hussain Nawaz (son of Nawaz Sharif) started a business in London, how the money was initially sent abroad and how properties were bought abroad.
PMLN Khadim Nawaz corruption
Punjab government corruption in purchase of medicine (it should be noted here that Chief Justice of LHC Khawaja Sharif openly declares his support of Sharif brothers)

3. Is 'sifarish' culture reduced in government institutions?
Khadim-e-Ala Shehbaz Sharif is criticized many times on news channels for appointing people against merit and only because of their affiliation with PMLN. And as i said above, you can get any legal or illegal thing done if you have money or connections with PMLN.

4. Is there a noticeable amount of development in Punjab over these 3 years?
Other than a few projects (which are also alleged to have corruption/mismanagement), there is no real progress or development in Punjab. Lets take the example of Multan road, a very important road as it is the main entry/exit point of Lahore. At an estimated cost of Rs 22.54 million, the project for its repair was approved in May 2009. Here is what a recent news report says about it:

"Lahore: Delay in constructing the Multan Road - from Sundar to Manga Mandi - has claimed over 10 lives in over one year, leaving several others injured in accidents and damaging vehicles plying the road."
"There are ditches on the road which have not been properly filled so far."

5. Are government schools, colleges performing better since 2008?

6. I see many advertisements in the newspapers from Punjab Government (mostly by CM Shehbaz Sharif), do you think its necessary for a government to waste funds for advertising its work?
For party publicity, CM Punjab has used government funds on advertisements of projects, which is NOT justifiable. They say they have limited funds and still they use funds for advertisement and publicity?

7. Danish School System is one such project which has been excessively advertised, but do you think it was necessary to spend 5-10 billion rupees on this project instead of improving the standard of already constructed government schools?
Danish School System criticized in Hasb-e-Haal Excellent strategy of PMLN: Waste the already limited amount of funds on new projects, publicize them in newspapers for point-scoring using government funds and ignore the already constructed and ill-managed government schools in Punjab.

8. There is a lack of interest by majority of the Punjab Assembly MPAs and provincial ministers who dont even bother to attend the proceedings when important issues like petrol price or inflation are being discussed.
Source
The above point already says a lot about PMLN MPA's interest in solving the public's problems.

9. Suspected fake degree holder MPAs unite against media and there is still no progress or action against proven fake degree holders. Source
If they believe in accountability and justice, PMLN should remove all proven fake degree holders from the party, but they have not done anything yet and probably wont do anything in the future either.

Members of Punjab Assembly Angry on Media
Dont change yourself, attack media for showing the truth to the public.

PMLN Rally - Most of the participants dont know what its for

What can i say about this? All of them paid for participation.

MPA Shumaila Rana Fraud case

Can someone tell me if this thief has been removed from PMLN? If not, then why?

An old man angry at the Punjab government
Blame everything on PPP. Is PPP to blame for corruption and mismanagement in Punjab also?

Not a single PMLN supporter has come to tell us about his party's progress in Punjab government. Where are the applauders of Nawaz and Shahbaz and how do they justify voting for this party?

Last edited:

asif86

MPA (400+ posts)

The transparency international report confirms that in punjab the level of corruption is lower than other provinces and at the national level.So the answer is it has decreased but more could be done.

ourpakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
My answer to Qs from 1-7 is YES, but I will need do some more look into Qs to confirm my yes, for now it is just an opinion.

arslan4u

Minister (2k+ posts)
My answer to Qs from 1-7 is YES, and I did look into Qs you posted, I think if PMLN is re-elected in the next elections, then consider my answer confirmed.

"My answer to Qs from 1-7 is YES, and I did look into Qs you posted"
Just a YES isnt enough, please give some evidence or facts to support your answer like i gave mine because this is a debate not a poll with yes/no.

"if PMLN is re-elected in the next elections"
As i said before, winning elections does not prove you are the best. In all the Arab countries where revolutions have begun, all the dictators held elections regularly but elections amount to nothing without independent judiciary (not just supreme court), independent media and independent election commission. Chief justice LHC Khawaja Sharif openly declares his support of Sharif brothers and their cases are on stay order so they can complete their term in government.

"then consider my answer confirmed"

When you have to cast your vote in next elections, you cast it based on the party's previous performance in government, not what they might do in the future or how many votes they are getting.

arslan4u

Minister (2k+ posts)
"My answer to Qs from 1-7 is YES, and I did look into Qs you posted"
Just a YES isnt enough, please give some evidence or facts to support your answer like i gave mine because this is a debate not a poll with yes/no.

"if PMLN is re-elected in the next elections"
As i said before, winning elections does not prove you are the best. In all the Arab countries where revolutions have begun, all the dictators held elections regularly but elections amount to nothing without independent judiciary (not just supreme court), independent media and independent election commission. Chief justice LHC Khawaja Sharif openly declares his support of Sharif brothers and their cases are on stay order so they can complete their term in government.

"then consider my answer confirmed"

When you have to cast your vote in next elections, you cast it based on the party's previous performance in government, not what they might do in the future or how many votes they are getting.

'ourpakistan' with which of the above things i said you disagree ? Tell me so i might know what i said wrong or illogical.