Destruction of Guru Nanak's palace in Narowal.

Liberal 000

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Sad News if true

Modi touched the feet of Sikh leader Parkash Singh Badal in parliament and we are destroying their holy places Shame! We should be learning politics like Modi

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
61165862_10156778537747663_8455576105036808192_n.jpg

chacha jani

Dawn makes wrong claims over Guru Nanak Palace
India Today's investigation revealed that the place shown, as Guru Nanak Palace in the Dawn article is not called the Guru Nanak Palace. It was revealed that the building is an abandon structure, standing in a small village called 'Bhaat', about 20 km from Narowal city in Pakistan's Punjab province.
ADVERTISEMENT

Hamza AmeerIslamabadMay 28, 2019UPDATED: May 28, 2019 06:14 IST

The historical Guru Nanak Palace may have been constructed over four centuries ago in Bathanwala village on New Lahore Road. (Photo: Dawn.com)
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Dawn's story claimed that the building was 'demolished' after a group of locals stole its precious doors, windows and ventilators
  • India today's close investigation into the claims has revealed that the claim made by Dawn is false and incorrect
  • The building has been there before the Indo-Pak partition and has been a living shelter to a poor family from the same village

Pakistan's leading newspaper Dawn took up a story, titled 'Historical Guru Nanak palace' partially demolished by locals in Narowal, claiming that the four-floored historical building was demolished after precious stuff stolen.

However, India today's close investigation into the claims has revealed that the claim made by Dawn is false and incorrect.

India Today investigation revealed that the place shown, as Guru Nanak Palace in the Dawn article is not called the Guru Nanak Palace. It was revealed that the building is an abandon structure, standing in a small village called 'Bhaat', about 20 km from Narowal city in Pakistan's Punjab province.

The building has been there before the Indo-Pak partition and has been a living shelter to a poor family from the same village.

The Dawn story claimed that the building was 'demolished' after a group of locals stole its precious doors, windows and ventilators.

However, India Today has found out that the building was not demolished. The building fell down on its own after the locals took out its doors, windows and ventilators.

"The building structure was so old that it could not stand on its own, especially after the doors and other stuff was taken out. No one demolished it", confirmed a local from the village.

Dawn's story also claimed that many Sikh minorities visited the building, being a historical site, during their religious visits.

However, this claim also turned out to be false as local sources revealed that any Sikh community member never visited the building, not being the Guru Nanak Palace, in decades.

Evacue Trust Property Board (ETPB) and Auqaf, the two government offices responsible for the religious sites of minorities in Pakistan have also maintained that the site is not registered with any of the authorities as a religious site.

It has also been learnt that the minority leader of the Sikh community have taken notice of the falsified report from Dawn, and have called in a meeting with the provincial government to discuss the false claims of the report.

"Baba Guru Nanak never used to live in palaces. He was a fakir and was never needed lavish palaces to reside in", said leader of the Sikh community on the basis of anonymity.

The Sikh community is seeing this as an attempt to malign or damage the Kartarpur Corridor initiative and the image of Baba Guru Nanak.

GreenMaple

The renovations to Kartarpur Corridor are being supervised and monitored by the local Pakistan Sikh Parbandhak (Admin) Committee. So anything sacred to Sikhs will not be allowed to be defaced or demolished.

By the way why did you make title of your thread so alarming and portraying this fake news as if it was a fact.

disgusted

The renovations to Kartarpur Corridor are being supervised and monitored by the local Pakistan Sikh Parbandhak (Admin) Committee. So anything sacred to Sikhs will not be allowed to be defaced or demolished.

By the way why did you make title of your thread so alarming and portraying this fake news as if it was a fact.
I did not wish to alarm anyone. I was just curious after reading it in Dawn and Times of India but not from any other source. I was alarmed at this fake news by a newspaper that was respected in Pakistan but today it is no more than a tabloid. It is a pity how once great institutions have fallen into decay. By the way is there is any source from news can be true? If you have any idea guide me. Normally I do not read Pakistani newspapers but reading this piece of shit was a mistake. If you read my post carefully it was a query and not an alarming news

GreenMaple

I did not wish to alarm anyone. I was just curious after reading it in Dawn and Times of India but not from any other source. I was alarmed at this fake news by a newspaper that was respected in Pakistan but today it is no more than a tabloid. It is a pity how once great institutions have fallen into decay. By the way is there is any source from news can be true? If you have any idea guide me. Normally I do not read Pakistani newspapers but reading this piece of shit was a mistake. If you read my post carefully it was a query and not an alarming news
Agree with you that DAWN which was inaugurated by Mr. Jinnah has today become a voice of anti-state elements, the very State that Mr. Jinnah worked so hard to bring it to the world map.
As far updates on Kartarpur corridor, google Pakistan Sikh Parbandhak Committee to find some websites which may have more details.

karachiwala

Agree with you that DAWN which was inaugurated by Mr. Jinnah has today become a voice of anti-state elements, the very State that Mr. Jinnah worked so hard to bring it to the world map.
As far updates on Kartarpur corridor, google Pakistan Sikh Parbandhak Committee to find some websites which may have more details.
well they have been burnt so their reaction is only natural. give them a lot of government ads and they will change tune immediately

GreenMaple

well they have been burnt so their reaction is only natural. give them a lot of government ads and they will change tune immediately
If higher gas or electric bills are biting into my pocket that doesn't mean that I should become an anti-state instrument. Yes, I have right to protest against the government or the energy companies but I have no right to undermine the State.
Financial aspects should not make someone to compromise on allegiance to the State or obscure someone's commitment to his/her motherland.

Jazbaati

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why is such fake news allowed to be posted. Dawn News is trying to stir anger between Sikhs and Pakistanis. Who's agenda are the propagating?