Did a Pakistani Kid actually make app like WhatsApp?

khalid100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Admin kindly don't delete this post and let people from IT community post their comments on it.

This video is circulating on social media for the last 2-3 days and even siasat.pk did a blog on it

Unfortunately it doesn't seem true. Anyone who has a bit of development experience would understand what is written below. But kindly correct me if I am wrong and will be more than happy to support this young boy.
This kid is somehow lying, I dont want to demotivate him but the thing is that this app is a clone of Telegram, He just changed the skin and cover and yes this is time taking, But he is working on HP Laptop on which he cant run heavy application one of the known application is Android Studio, I appreciate for what he done it wasn't easy, but this is not his application He cant claim this application, Modification don't make you owner of any application but Best of luck anyways.
Unfortunately, His app is made on this website https://appsgeyser.com/create-messengerV2-app/
Anyone can make this messenger very easily with your custom name and logos.
This app uses telegram API, which means you are using telegram with another name. and Telegram is an open-source application.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iconoclast

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
If you build an app that does exactly what other apps are doing from the ground up, you can call yourself a good programmer and nothing else, not a visionary.
This is the case of a curious kid doing his best to figure out / learn code. And that's that. Good for him and he will get better with time.
So you're right.... Customising code snippets / apps / walkthroughs makes you a tinkerer, not a programmer.
If you want to know about a child prodigy and how his fight for the rights of people led him to kill himself, meet Aaron Swartz.

Humble

MPA (400+ posts)
Admin kindly don't delete this post and let people from IT community post their comments on it.

This video is circulating on social media for the last 2-3 days and even siasat.pk did a blog on it

Unfortunately it doesn't seem true. Anyone who has a bit of development experience would understand what is written below. But kindly correct me if I am wrong and will be more than happy to support this young boy.
This kid is somehow lying, I dont want to demotivate him but the thing is that this app is a clone of Telegram, He just changed the skin and cover and yes this is time taking, But he is working on HP Laptop on which he cant run heavy application one of the known application is Android Studio, I appreciate for what he done it wasn't easy, but this is not his application He cant claim this application, Modification don't make you owner of any application but Best of luck anyways.
Unfortunately, His app is made on this website https://appsgeyser.com/create-messengerV2-app/
This app uses telegram API, which means you are using telegram with another name. and Telegram is an open-source application.
I do not have IT background, this is the response that is being circulated on WhatsApp and claimed to be from the Kid.

ish sasha

MPA (400+ posts)

rabbish

Iconoclast

of coursewiith out propereducation u cant do that complex work
That is not true with programming and logic design... All you need is solid concepts of how information is processed and programing. The rest comes with getting hands on and trial and error. Your "education" however never stops... This is not math where 1+1 will always equate to 2. Or any other field where there are some predefined laws and rules. It's an ever evolving dimension of technology where in order to remain on the cutting edge, you have to keep up with core ideas which are ever changing. Programming practices considered standard couple of decades ago are obsolete now, the programming languages remain the same with extended features...
You don't need proper education, you need passion which compels you to study the things that you need to find solutions to your challenges, answers to your curiosities. You do not need a degree to achieve success, just passion, patience and the will to get hands on... You improve with time you spend coding and testing, not a 2 hour lecture which often starts by scaring you into thinking how you should learn this before you learn that and blah blah...

BrotherKantu

It is based on Russian app telegram which is open source. Any one can modify and make its cover. Just like Firefox is open source and a lot of other browsers are based on the same open source platform. Your all data will go through Telegram servers. You can use Telegram or this app, same thing.

kakamuna420

in thing way villagers could get status in this pind and girls will say "hi Allah yeh munda tu bohat paisay kamaye ga". but it is all fake and the pind girls will be making chapati on a wood stove

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)

Whatever he did in this age requires significant knowledge of the architecture. If any one on the forum has his contact information pleasw let me know. i will hire him.