Does Iran really take Indian propaganda as fact or something's cooking?

zzzindagi

Minister (2k+ posts)
3883223.jpg

TEHRAN – In the first sign of turnabout, Iran issued warnings in multiple directions as Taliban forces announced the “conquest” of the last opposition foothold in the Panjshir valley.

After weeks of strictly sticking to a line of neutrality, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh struck a note of warning about the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.

Speaking at a weekly press briefing on Monday, Khatibzadeh warned about foreign meddling in Panjshir, the last stronghold of opposition against the new order led by Ahmad Massoud who is the son of legendary anti-Taliban commander Ahmad Shah Massoud. Khatibzadeh also strongly condemned the Taliban attack on the valley and described the death of opposition leaders there as “martyrdom,” a major indication of Iranian resentment at the Taliban’s inchoate political deliberations to form a government.

The remarks came on the same day a Taliban spokesman announced that the group’s forces “conquered” the provincial capital of Panjshir. Taliban media also circulated video footage showing Taliban forces posing in front of Panjshir’s governor-general office and raising the flag of what came to be known as the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, Afghan and Iranian social media platforms and news outlets were abuzz with reports of Pakistani aerial support for the advancing Taliban forces in Panjshir. There were even reports that Fahim Dashti, the spokesman for Massoud-led forces known as the National Resistance of Afghanistan, was killed in a Pakistani drone strike.

Responding to a question about the Pakistani involvement in the battle for Panjshir, Khatibzadeh said, “The news coming out of Panjshir is concerning. Last night’s attacks [on Panjshir] are condemned in the strongest terms. Martyrdom of Afghan leaders is deeply regrettable.”

Khatibzadeh said Iran was reviewing the reports of foreign intervention. “This should be reviewed,” he asserted.

Khatibzadeh pointed out, “Afghanistan’s history shows that foreign intervention, both direct and indirect, has resulted in nothing but defeat for the aggressor force, and the Afghan people are independence-seeking and zealous, and certainly any intervention is doomed,” he said.

The Panjshir issue must be resolved through dialogue, with the mediation and presence of all Afghan elders, Khatibzadeh underlined amid reports of the Taliban advance into the valley.

The spokesman noted, “Neither side should allow this path to lead to fratricide. The Taliban must abide by its own obligations under international law and its own obligations by whatever it says. Starving the people of Panjshir, besieging the Panjshir region, cutting off water and electricity in this region is a matter of concern.”

Khatibzadeh stressed that “humanitarian law under international law must be respected.” He once again called for an inclusive government to be established in Afghanistan, one that would include all ethnoreligious groups of the war-torn country.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran is making every effort to help end the suffering of the Afghan people and to form an inclusive government in Afghanistan that reflects the country's ethnic and demographic composition,” he stated, adding, “It is the will of the people that must finally be realized and determine the future of Afghanistan, not foreign intervention or any other conspiracy. Certainly, lasting peace can only be achieved through intra-Afghan dialogue between all groups.”

Underlining that Iran is closely following the developments in Afghanistan, Khatibzadeh warned, “I strongly warn that all red lines and obligations under international law should be observed.”

The change in Iran’s tone toward the Taliban is the latest indication that the group urgently needs to address the concerns of its neighbors in a transparent way and avoid traps that could be set for it by some predatory players in the region who stand ready to drag Afghanistan into a costly and deadly power competition.

Like many other countries bordering Afghanistan, Iran has its own concerns about the future of this country under Taliban rule. A primary concern is that some countries in the region would tempt the Taliban into adopting stances against Iran. The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and to some extent Saudi Arabia and Turkey have already reached out to the Taliban.

Officials from the UAE, among other counties, are currently working to get the Kabul airport operating again, according to Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid. This is while the UAE has not disclosed its involvement in the airport’s rehabilitation. It only said that it sent a plane carrying humanitarian aid to Kabul.

In addition, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan has spoken with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Zayed, two of Iran’s staunch rivals to say the least, on Afghanistan. But will they help with Afghanistan without expectations? That remains to be seen. What can be certainly said is that countries are not charities. Therefore, the Taliban should be aware of what its new allies demand from it. At the end of the day, any hostile posture by the Taliban against Afghanistan’s neighbors will not secure the long-term interests of the Afghan people.

Another concern that the Taliban need to address is to avoid marginalizing other ethnic and religious groups when forming a government. Nearly all countries, including Iran, have called on the Taliban to form an inclusive government. Not doing so would enrage the international community and isolate the Taliban government on the global stage.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/464785/Iran-draws-red-lines-on-Afghanistan

Last edited by a moderator:

zzzindagi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Its getting clearer that Iran is backing out from support to Taliban but what could be the reason.
Why Iran has suddenly started taking Indian lines.
Are we going back to the era when Iran had become epicentre of Indian spy network?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Even the fascist mullahcracy of Iran doesn't trust the tattiban. The change of stance must be seeing how cross border terrorism has increased and must have done some anti shia shit which is not being reported by the tattiban propaganda machine.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Its getting clearer that Iran is backing out from support to Taliban but what could be the reason.
Why Iran has suddenly started taking Indian lines.
Are we going back to the era when Iran had become epicentre of Indian spy network?
Given the regional and global scenario it won't be that easy for them now as they have entered into multi billion dollars biz deals with China which will off set the pressure of US led western economic sanctions on them. If the pariah regime shows some magnanimity and behave now, the sufferings of the common Irian will lessen.

Aslan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Iran is in a very precarious position now.The sanctions have crippled its economy.High inflation and unemployment has resulted in unrest all over the country.The mullahs should make concerted efforts to improve relations with Afghanistan and Pakistan.They can’t afford to be surrounded by hostile neighbours.

karachiwala

strange that you guys have not been following Iran apologists since the fall of Kabul. they have been crying hoarse against Taliban even when Irani Mullah seemed to befriending Taliban. it was bound to come out. they had great hopes from Panjsheer which went down the drain. now Irani mullah will threaten Taliban directly because they are also afraid of them so it will be indirect

zzzindagi

Minister (2k+ posts)
strange that you guys have not been following Iran apologists since the fall of Kabul. they have been crying hoarse against Taliban even when Irani Mullah seemed to befriending Taliban. it was bound to come out. they had great hopes from Panjsheer which went down the drain. now Irani mullah will threaten Taliban directly because they are also afraid of them so it will be indirect
Afghanistan is 90% Sunni and less than 10% Shias. They should be worried about IS-K and not Taliban.
They have given an indirect message to Pakistan as well. It seems they are not happy from Faiz Hameed's visit. They are foreseeing Afghanistan as militarily powerful country in the region as well as closest ally of Pakistan.

If you keep in mind the kind of relationship Iran-Pakistan had in the past. Will Pakistan take any shit from Iran in future? They have always blackmailed Pakistan and not even once addressed Pakistan's concerns about Indians running their spy network in various parts of Iran.

Their Generals have always threatened Pakistan and Pakistan has always been trying to please them despite of catching their networks in Pakistan. Pakistan had so much to blame on Iran but was not in a position to fight a three front war.

tahirkheli74

MPA (400+ posts)
Even the fascist mullahcracy of Iran doesn't trust the tattiban. The change of stance must be seeing how cross border terrorism has increased and must have done some anti shia shit which is not being reported by the tattiban propaganda machine.
Using "tattiban" is very derogatory. I dont know why you keep calling them like that even after they have defeated world super power and its allies being almost helpless and despite the fact that peace in Afghanistan is a guarantee to peace in Pakistan too.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Using "tattiban" is very derogatory.
Yes it supposed to be and calling these illiterate savages "students" would be a disgrace to actual students across the world.

even after they have defeated world super power
Defeated my ass, all they did was survive hiding among the civilian population using them as humans shield. You and I both know the US has enough firepower to flatten all of afghanistan from the air, without ever having to set foot there. But thats just bad optics and millions dead. They moment they left they all came scurrying out of their holes like cockroaches claiming victory. How many soldiers in 20 years did they kill? Exactly!

You can drink the tattiban kool aid and fall prey to their propaganda and apologists, but I'm not gonna.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Rawafid are as much anti islam and anti Pakistan as the Zionists.

I don't know why people still think good about them.
Because for this nonsense Islamic biradar chooran we are being fed and the rawafids in Pakistan who have very cleverly avoided and hidden this issue till now.

tahirkheli74

MPA (400+ posts)
Yes it supposed to be and calling these illiterate savages "students" would be a disgrace to actual students across the world.

Defeated my ass, all they did was survive hiding among the civilian population using them as humans shield. You and I both know the US has enough firepower to flatten all of afghanistan from the air, without ever having to set foot there. But thats just bad optics and millions dead. They moment they left they all came scurrying out of their holes like cockroaches claiming victory. How many soldiers in 20 years did they kill? Exactly!

You can drink the tattiban kool aid and fall prey to their propaganda and apologists, but I'm not gonna.
And those so called cockroaches as per your own acumen were strong enough to defeat Afghan army, NDS, Indian RAW, Israeli Mosad and almost all others , and all its allies!!! really!!!!!! You are entitled to your opinion and am not gonna argue about that. What I know for sure there will be peace inshallah in Pakistan once Talibans establish their rule in Afghanistan.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
were strong enough to defeat Afghan army, NDS, Indian RAW, Israeli Mosad and almost all others
Defeated my ass, all they did was survive hiding among the civilian population using them as humans shield.
What I know for sure hope for is there will be peace inshallah in Pakistan
There I fixed it for you. And I hope so too. But initial signs are not great 3 Pakistani service men have already killed in cross border attacks. And the tattibans have already told Pakistan to fuck off when it comes to the TTP issue.

tahirkheli74

MPA (400+ posts)
There I fixed it for you. And I hope so too. But initial signs are not great 3 Pakistani service men have already killed in cross border attacks. And the tattibans have already told Pakistan to fuck off when it comes to the TTP issue.
How come I dont know when Talibans asked Pakistan to fuck off with regards to TTP and you know that. Anyway, I am signing off from this discussion and wish you well by the grace of Allah.

karachiwala

I believe you are being emotional here. if the Taliban were only hiding then why did the Americans had to run? it appears you have not followed what was happening in Afghanistan. if what you believe id true then Indian jokers would have gladly taken over from Uncle Sam as was planned. what do you think made them run for their lives