Dr. Adbus Salaam's Drinking Problem

Hard-Turth

Banned
An excerpt from Steven Weinberg's interview conducted by Richard Dawkins in which Dr. Abdus Salaam is stated to be a
'drinker
' and that he drank "scotch".

Lodhi

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
If this is man is telling the truth then Dr. Abdus Salaam was defaming Islam. As he quoted Dr Salaam that Muslims or Islam is against the teaching of science and that Islam Prohibits any scientific development and education.... If any Stupid Muslim Leader trys to keep his nation uneducated, Islam has nothing to do with it.
Khas kam jahan Paak. Khud Sharabi tha aur Badnam Islam ko kar raha tha.

warraich001

MPA (400+ posts)
This is nothing more than a Bullshit...... sare dunya ko pata hai ke Dr abdus salam bohat mazhabi the...... gab un se pucha gia ke unhon ne noble prize kaise lye unhon ne kaha Quran Majeed parh ke....... gab wo noble prize lene gaye to un ke dressing bhi dekh lena.....

VivaPakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1979/salam-speech.html

[h=1]Banquet Speech[/h]Abdus Salam's speech at the Nobel Banquet, December 10, 1979
Your Majesties, Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,

On behalf of my colleagues, Professor Glashow and Weinberg, I thank the Nobel Foundation and the Royal Academy of Sciences for the great honour and the courtesies extended to us, including the courtesy to me of being addressed in my language Urdu.
arabtext1.gif
Pakistan is deeply indebted to you for this.
The creation of Physics is the shared heritage of all mankind. East and West, North and South have equally participated in it. In the Holy Book of Islam, Allah says
arabtext2.gif
"Thou seest not, in the creation of the All-merciful any imperfection, Return thy gaze, seest thou any fissure. Then Return thy gaze, again and again. Thy gaze, Comes back to thee dazzled, aweary."
This in effect is, the faith of all physicists; the deeper we seek, the more is our wonder excited, the more is the dazzlement for our gaze.
I am saying this, not only to remind those here tonight of this, but also for those in the Third World, who feel they have lost out in the pursuit of scientific knowledge, for lack of opportunity and resource.
Alfred Nobel stipulated that no distinction of race or colour will determine who received of his generosity. On this occasion, let me say this to those, whom God has given His Bounty. Let us strive to provide equal opportunities to all so that they can engage in the creation of Physics and science for the benefit of all mankind. This would exactly be in the spirit of Alfred Nobel and the ideals which permeated his life. Bless You!
From Les Prix Nobel. The Nobel Prizes 1979, Editor Wilhelm Odelberg, [Nobel Foundation], Stockholm, 1980

Hard-Turth

Banned
This is nothing more than a Bullshit...... sare dunya ko pata hai ke Dr abdus salam bohat mazhabi the...... gab un se pucha gia ke unhon ne noble prize kaise lye unhon ne kaha Quran Majeed parh ke....... gab wo noble prize lene gaye to un ke dressing bhi dekh lena.....

are you saying that man is a lier ,,, what kind of logic is this that a man wear shirwani one day and he become a " Mazhabi Adami"

He was a sharabi and anti-Pakistani

Hard-Turth

Banned
arabtext1.gif

You may be ....... but not us

can you please tell me what he did for Pakistan............He was anti Pakistan

Hard-Turth

Banned

Banquet Speech

Abdus Salam's speech at the Nobel Banquet, December 10, 1979

On behalf of my colleagues, Professor Glashow and Weinberg, I thank the Nobel Foundation and the Royal Academy of Sciences for the great honour and the courtesies extended to us, including the courtesy to me of being addressed in my language Urdu.
arabtext1.gif
++++++++++__-------------------------------------------------

Salams biographies claim that he was opposed to Pakistans nuclear weapon programme.
This is somewhat strange given that he was the senior Science Advisor to the Pakistan
government for at least some of the period between 1972 when the programme was initiated
and 1998 when a successful nuclear weapon test was carried out. I look at the evidence for
his participation in the programme.

{{{{Salams Part in the Pakistani Nuclear Weapon Programme
Norman Dombey+
Physics and Astronomy Department
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QH
December 10 2011************

VivaPakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
Please read the whole speech.
Please don't involve in spreading false things, fasaad and hate. If you himself been misguided, why are you misguiding the whole world.
Who have given you the authority to declare and then spread that someone is anti-pakistan? The current status of our country is partly (maybe largely) due to pathetic thinking like yours. The person who disagrees with your thinking, just label him anything, what the hell is this.
I just pray to Allah for your true guidance. The day when you people get Hadaya't, our country will start prospering. And the day when we truly understand Islam and start following/practicing what Quran teaches us, we will be successful in this life and the life thereafter.

".....The money he received from the Atoms for Peace Medal and Award he spent on setting up a fund for young Pakistani physicists to visit the ICTP. He uses his share of the Nobel Prize entirely for the benefit of physicists from developing countries and does not spend a penny of it on himself or his family...." taken from:
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1979/salam.html

VivaPakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
Please don't involve in spreading false things, fasaad and hate. If you himself been misguided, why are you misguiding the whole world.
Who have given you the authority to declare and then spread that someone is anti-pakistan? The current status of our country is partly (maybe largely) due to pathetic thinking like yours. The person who disagrees with your thinking, just label him anything, what the hell is this.
I just pray to Allah for your true guidance. The day when you people get Hadaya't, our country will start prospering. And the day when we truly understand Islam and start following/practicing what Quran teaches us, we will be successful in this life and the life thereafter.

".....The money he received from the Atoms for Peace Medal and Award he spent on setting up a fund for young Pakistani physicists to visit the ICTP. He uses his share of the Nobel Prize entirely for the benefit of physicists from developing countries and does not spend a penny of it on himself or his family...." taken from:
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...979/salam.html

Banquet Speech

Abdus Salam's speech at the Nobel Banquet, December 10, 1979

arabtext1.gif
++++++++++__-------------------------------------------------

Salam’s biographies claim that he was opposed to Pakistan’s nuclear weapon programme.
This is somewhat strange given that he was the senior Science Advisor to the Pakistan
government for at least some of the period between 1972 when the programme was initiated
and 1998 when a successful nuclear weapon test was carried out. I look at the evidence for
his participation in the programme.

{{{{Salam’s Part in the Pakistani Nuclear Weapon Programme
Norman Dombey+
Physics and Astronomy Department
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QH
December 10 2011************

<ChOuDhArY>

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think its not a secret ..he didn't follow islam in normal life..this is what I heard.. but his only contribution if Nobel prize and that is why people know him.. no more comments on private life

sanakhan

Citizen

Bohat Mazhbi thay na kaho (Qadiani Kaho Warraich) aur yeh Tola Kaha ka Muslaman aur Kaha ka Mazhab...... Quran e Majeed Research kay liye parhta tha but Sharab Peenay se nahi rukta tha.... Jaise log Chor hotay hain but woh Namaz Parhtay hain..... **** hotay hain bt woh Namaz Parhtay hain... Qatil hotay hain but woh Quran aur Namaz Parhtay hain..... But woh Saray Hamaray Hero nahi hotay Woh Qatil, ****, aur Chor kehlaye jatay hain....... Islam sirf Ibadat ka Naam nahi Balkay khud ko ALLAH kay Nizam aur Hukam k samnay Sar Tasleem e Kham karnay ka Naam hai (ALLAH ki aur us kay Anbia, aur Farishto ki Lanant ho Mirza Tahir kay Har Pairokar par)

Hard-Turth

Banned

1)))) For God sake ................ is this your level of intelligence,,,,,,,,,,, So You are calling a person religious because of only 1 speech
2)))))) He was anti Pakistan , he said that I am not going to live in manhoos Pakistan , because General Zia refuse to abolished the Qadiyani law from constitution.

3)) that fund was set up for Qadiyanies not for Pakistanies.................

VivaPakistan

MPA (400+ posts)

1)))) For God sake ................ is this your level of intelligence,,,,,,,,,,, So You are calling a person religious because of only 1 speech
2)))))) He was anti Pakistan , he said that I am not going to live in manhoos Pakistan , because General Zia refuse to abolished the Qadiyani law from constitution.

3)) that fund was set up for Qadiyanies not for Pakistanies.................
-----------------

You know nothing but just talking on rumors and only Allah can guide you.
Your last point that "3)) that fund was set up for Qadiyanies not for Pakistanies........." is a prime example of all bullshits you have listened and now spreading.
I know many of my friends who went to ICTP just on merit (even they were not qaadiaanies) on special scholarship for one year diploma, after which they got admissions in best universities of USA and now they are good young scientists of their fields. I know each year many of my friends, teachers, students and scientists from different Pakistani institutions visit ICTP conferences. I myself (not qaadiaani)was getting ICTP scholarship when I was doing research work at QAU (Quaid-i-Azam University).
So please grow up.