Electronic voting for free and fair elections

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Electronic voting only ensures that vote casted match the vote counting.
There can be no fake voting after and before and during the voting process.
Most importantly electronic voting will resolve the form 45 issue once for all. This is the stage where elections are managed.
Announce any results and let complainants visit election commission then courts and then high courts and supreme court's and five years gone forever.

Only issue is that right person with right I'd card must be ensured to vote and machine should print ballot with a bar code against I'd card to ensure that no pre-printed ballots can be added to malign the elections.

For this, a layered mechanism is required.
1st check - by Police (Women Police at women station and men police at men stations)

2nd check - Students and Military (women students with military assistance at women station and men students at men station with military)

3rd Check - Polling officers should be from other provinces

Polling station should not be in conjusted space.
Election commission should work on it from now.

This process will stop vote rigging once for all and will develop public faith in election process.

Voting lists should be issued at least six months before to the parties to identify fake votes and if someone passed.

Last edited:

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am still not able to understand why an Instrument and IT engineers have not come with solutions in Pakistan.
These guys should have developed such a simple machine until now and could have done marketing.
Sary hi ya nalaiq hain ya business mind hi nahi hai. . .

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am still not able to understand why an Instrument and IT engineers have not come with solutions in Pakistan.
These guys should have developed such a simple machine until now and could have done marketing.
Sary hi ya nalaiq hain ya business mind hi nahi hai. . .50000 ka bhi kharcha ni ho ga. .

desan

President (40k+ posts)
Stop rigging and make elections Free and Fair!!!

No one wants transparency except for PTI.

Dynastic parties have cornered the market in rigging.
They don't want to make their own casket by allowing EVMs!!!

Establishment will also side with the Status Quo, as that's one of the ways corrupt generals ensure their ingress in politics!!!

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Electronic voting only ensures that vote casted match the vote counting.
There can be no fake voting after and before and during the voting process.
Most importantly electronic voting will resolve the form 45 issue once for all. This is the stage where elections are managed.
Announce any results and let complainants visit election commission then courts and then high courts and supreme court's and five years gone forever.

Only issue is that right person with right I'd card must be ensured to vote and machine should print ballot with a bar code against I'd card to ensure that no pre-printed ballots can be added to malign the elections.

For this, a layered mechanism is required.
1st check - by Police (Women Police at women station and men police at men stations)

2nd check - Students and Military (women students with military assistance at women station and men students at men station with military)

3rd Check - Polling officers should be from other provinces

Polling station should not be in conjusted space.
Election commission should work on it from now.

This process will stop vote rigging once for all and will develop public faith in election process.

Voting lists should be issued at least six months before to the parties to identify fake votes and if someone passed.
The most advanced nation in IT is the USA. Last fedral elections in the US were accomplished through manual voting. If even the USA can't implement digital voting then it is not as simple as you think. I live in Australia. Much smaller than Pakistan . Australia is also one of the very advanced IT countries. Australia invented WiFi which changed the use of internet around the world. No federal elections were held with digital voting here. Next year there will be federal elections again through manual voting in Australia.
Tell me if the USA and Australia could not implement digital voting in their federal elections then how could a third world country like Pakistan do it ?

Lastly if you are thinking that electronic voting will make the elections more secured then you are wrong. India introduced electronic voting. It is claimed by the US scientists that their elections could easily be hacked and the results could be changed. See this BBC report.

Last edited:

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
The most advanced nation in IT is the USA. Last fedral elections in the US were accomplished through manual voting. If even the USA can't implement digital voting then it is not as simple as you think. I live in Australia. Much smaller than Pakistan . Australia is also one of the very advanced IT countries. Australia invented WiFi which changed the use of internet around the world. No federal elections were held with digital voting here. Next year there will be federal elections again through manual voting in Australia.
Tell me if the USA and Australia could not implement digital voting in their federal elections then how could a third world country like Pakistan do it ?

Lastly if you are thinking that electronic voting will make the elections more secured then you are wrong. India introduced electronic voting. It is claimed by the US scientists that their elections could easily be hacked and the results could be changed. See this BBC report.

You even do not understand the concept.
There is no digital voting. It's only to stop pre-printing of ballots.
Bar code against I'd card will ensure that right people appear.
Also timing will be ensured.
Also multiple layers of security and verification will ensure transparency.
Printed ballot and machine count will ensure accuracy

knowledge88

You even do not understand the concept.
There is no digital voting. It's only to stop pre-printing of ballots.
Bar code against I'd card will ensure that right people appear.
Also timing will be ensured.
Also multiple layers of security and verification will ensure transparency.
Printed ballot and machine count will ensure accuracy
Thank you for the clarification. Can you send me an example where such practice took place ?

peaceandjustice

ہر کام نیت سے شروع ہوتا ھے پاکستان کی کرپٹ جماعتوں کی کبھی یہ نیت نہیں ھے کہ الیکشن دھاندلی کے بغیر ممکن ہوں پاکستان کو کنٹرول کرنے والے اداروں میں موجود لوگ بھی کبھی اس ملک میں صاف اور شفاف الیکشن نہیں ہونے دینگے تاکہ ان حرام خوروں کے اوپر نئے قوانین نہ بن جائیں۔

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Thank you for the clarification. Can you send me an example where such practice took place ?
Indian elections are more secure and trustworthy.
Philippines model is good.
But since we have an id card based data base, so we can use more secure and safe system.
1. First police check, then military and student and then presiding officers check and cross on data book with thumb impression and ink marking.
2. ID card reader authorizes for vote
3. Voter cast it's vote and collects printed ballot and throws in ballot box or it's automatically done.
4. A special bar code should be printed on ballot to stop pre-printing and disputing the elections.
5. Machine count, ballot count and polling officer count should match.
Only problem I see, can be that some people do not throw ballot in ballot boxes or some use fake pre-printed ballots. Preprinted ballots can easily identified through bar code. And missing ballots can also be identified through bar code and person behind it, if on major scale.

It's very simple.

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

Don't be like Ehsan Iqbal

Reactions: AZ1

AZ1

Minister (2k+ posts)

but with this voting, both will be done at the same time. electronic voting and paper ballet.