FATF grey-listing caused ‘$38b losses (Pk went grey list in 2008 Ppp & Pmln

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Every country has their own issues and problems but again it should be contructive rather than relaying something in a condescending way which shows arrogance and mentality.

Well if I came off that way then my apologies. But its frustrating sometimes when people do not have the patience to see and study another persons point of view and where they are coming from. They jump directly into personal attacks.

Vitamin_C

One question: why is US negotiating with Aghan taliban?

Unlike TTP, US does not designate Afghan taliban as a terrorist organization.

What happened with ISIS and how it was created in the beginning?

US invasion of Iraq led to the downfall of tyrant dictator and psychopath Saddam which created a void in which a Sunni Islamic group was able to take over parts of Iraq and Syria. We can discuss this failure of US in more detail because there is alot to unpack here which will take a while.

Look at history and you will find numerous examples of your real heroes negotiating with all sorts of folks.

I dont consider Americans as my heroes, the last US president who I revere as one of the greatest leaders in modern history was President Roosevelt who lead US out of great depression and lead them through WW2 and played a very important part in end of colonialism in India, Pakistan and among other countries.

After Roosevelt unfortunately US leadership has been disappointing. So I am more looking towards Germany, France, South Korea and Japan to lead the free world through the crises we face today and not US.

Show me a statement of French president when he condemned Indian atrocities on unarmed Kashmiris? Just because they have same interests?

Macron urges India's Modi to ensure the rights of Kashmir civilians are respected​

During a visit by Indian PM Narendra Modi, President Emmanuel Macron called on India and Pakistan to resolve the Kashmir crisis bilaterally, saying France would "remain attentive to ensuring" that the rights of those on both sides were respected.

blalbutt

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Freedom of speech is not what you think it is. When you hear the word freedom of speech I bet you automatically think they mean absolute freedom to speak what you want to speak, but thats the wrong definition of this expression.

Freedom of speech is a specific right for a specific group of people. The weakest people in any society who do not have the power to do, should have the right to speak against those who have the power to do.

So freedom of speech means even the lowest person in society can bad mouth, abuse, insult, condemn, criticize even the most powerful person in the society, like king, prime minister, president, jesus christ or god himself, that poor person's life and his belongings will be protected by this law. That is meaning of freedom of speech and its purpose is to protect the weakest members of society who do not have the power to do, they should atleast have the right to free speech.

Now if you are calling out people to lynch someone, that does not come under freedom of speech because it doesnt serve the purpose of protecting the weakest members in your society against the strong ones who have the power to do, ie behead him or burn down his house etc etc.

Hope that helps.
Again as i said, people interpret it the way they want. Freedom of speech in US is absolute without differentiating anything whereas, Canadian freedom of speech has some limitations.
I dont think there will ever be an absolute Freedom of speech and every country has to be respectful of their neighbours or other countries to ensure they dont hurt local masses. Look at China, why does Google conform to governmental restrictions when they went there in 2006 whereas its a US organization with major stakeholders in US. Same goes with Disney and the list goes on.....

blalbutt

Well if I came off that way then my apologies. But its frustrating sometimes when people do not have the patience to see and study another persons point of view and where they are coming from. They jump directly into personal attacks.
This group is majority Pakistani who love their country. My two cents as a brother is to not post something (written or graphical) that is hurtful otherwise you will be wasting your energy which you can use to positively convey your message.

blalbutt

Unlike TTP, US does not designate Afghan taliban as a terrorist organization.

US invasion of Iraq led to the downfall of tyrant dictator and psychopath Saddam which created a void in which a Sunni Islamic group was able to take over parts of Iraq and Syria. We can discuss this failure of US in more detail because there is alot to unpack here which will take a while.

I dont consider Americans as my heroes, the last US president who I revere as one of the greatest leaders in modern history was President Roosevelt who lead US out of great depression and lead them through WW2 and played a very important part in end of colonialism in India, Pakistan and among other countries.

After Roosevelt unfortunately US leadership has been disappointing. So I am more looking towards Germany, France, South Korea and Japan to lead the free world through the crises we face today and not US.

Macron urges India's Modi to ensure the rights of Kashmir civilians are respected​

During a visit by Indian PM Narendra Modi, President Emmanuel Macron called on India and Pakistan to resolve the Kashmir crisis bilaterally, saying France would "remain attentive to ensuring" that the rights of those on both sides were respected.

France has been a hypocrite as far as dealing with India goes. They sell billions $$ of defense equipment to India. SAme goes with US and Khashoggi example. There are hundreds of examples where France is not even acknowledging rights within its own country as per the amnesty international reports. France is not doing good economically and there are huge unemployment problems within itself. During these times the best way to distract people is to, you guessed it right, by playing with the emotions which France did by leveraging on freedom of speech and all the BS.

Please give me a break, downfall of Saddam and Gaddafi didnt turn the country into gardens of roses and everything flourished after that. That region is a mess now. US did same with Syria by first creating ISIS and then chickened out.

Finally, it is not a free world, it is a world where liberalism is shoved down your throat. If someone doesn't agree with your idealogy you are punished in a way that can't be seen throughout human history. Iran Iraq perfect examples just because they don't agree with your values doesn't mean you get the license to starve its population and send them to stone age. Just look up Ishaqi and Haditha massacre - the killing of innocent kids. Listen to us and encourage LGBT and liberalism and secularism otherwise we will FATF you, or ban you from trading, or blow you to stone age. It's just pathetic!

Vitamin_C

Again as i said, people interpret it the way they want. Freedom of speech in US is absolute without differentiating anything whereas, Canadian freedom of speech has some limitations.

Freedom of speech is not absolute and not supposed to be absolute. The purpose of freedom of speech is to protect the weak against the powerful. If you do speech that calls for violence against someone that’s against the law even in Canada and US.

Vitamin_C

Iran Iraq perfect examples
Those are not good example because they are run are or were run by dictators who do not represent their country. Saddam gassed his own people to death and Iraq should not be considered private property of the Saddam family. US did right in liberating Kuwait and they should have liberated Iraq from Saddam crime family in 1990 instead of 2003.

Also US stopped the mass rape and genocide of Kosovo. Something for which Muslims have never given due appreciation for.