First Street Sexual Harassment Fine Imposed in France

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
A man in France has been given a 300-euro (£270) fine for sexual aggression under a new law against street harassment.
He slapped a woman's bottom on a bus near Paris, and made lewd remarks about her appearance.

The fine is the first imposed under the legislation aimed at deterring predatory remarks and harassment such as wolf-whistles.
The law, passed in August, allows for on-the-spot fines of up to 750

The man, who was drunk when he boarded the bus in Draveil, Essonne, south of Paris, smacked the 21-year-old woman, and made insulting comments about her and her breasts.

This led to a squabble with the bus driver, who trapped the man in the bus while waiting for police to turn up.

The man, 31, has also been sentenced to three months in prison for what the judge ruled was an outright case of sexual aggression against the woman, and the attack on the driver.

The minister behind the legislation, Marlene Schiappa, hailed the court decision in a tweet, saying: "Well done to the bus driver for his quick reaction, and for the penalty imposed."

Street harassment and catcalling are already illegal in some countries including Portugal and Argentina.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45643864

Last edited by a moderator:

cestmoi ✅️

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Pakistan is an Islamic Country, its not for women. Its for ignorant bearded men and those who follow their specfic kind of Islam.

Actually, it's the lack of education and law enforcement. 'Bearded men' you mentioned cause other issues but are not the root cause of this specific issue.

bhaibarood

A man in France has been given a 300-euro (£270) fine for sexual aggression under a new law against street harassment.
He slapped a woman's bottom on a bus near Paris, and made lewd remarks about her appearance.

The fine is the first imposed under the legislation aimed at deterring predatory remarks and harassment such as wolf-whistles.
The law, passed in August, allows for on-the-spot fines of up to 750

The man, who was drunk when he boarded the bus in Draveil, Essonne, south of Paris, smacked the 21-year-old woman, and made insulting comments about her and her breasts.

This led to a squabble with the bus driver, who trapped the man in the bus while waiting for police to turn up.

The man, 31, has also been sentenced to three months in prison for what the judge ruled was an outright case of sexual aggression against the woman, and the attack on the driver.

The minister behind the legislation, Marlene Schiappa, hailed the court decision in a tweet, saying: "Well done to the bus driver for his quick reaction, and for the penalty imposed."

Street harassment and catcalling are already illegal in some countries including Portugal and Argentina.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45643864
I wish someone makes staring similar punishment, I never understand why some begharait men star women as if they havent seen one ever in their life! most ridicoulous is when they even dont spare kids.

BrotherKantu

یہ ایسا ہی ہوتا ہے
پہلے کوئی جرمانہ نہیں ہوتا تھا آج جرمانہ ہوا ہے پھر لوگ خود ہی مجرم کو پکڑ کر اس کی دھلائی کریں گے اور پھر فرانس پاکستان بن جاۓ گا.
دنیا ادھر جا رہی ہے جہاں پاکستان پہلے ہی پہنچ چکا ہے.
کوئی فکر کی بات نہیں...

Vitamin_C

I am not a liberal, I am a rationalist, I only support a position what can be reasoned based on empirical evidence. There are some religions and some cultures that seem to promote the idea that women are inferior to men therefore a man can have 4 wives while a woman can have only one husband, and that the testimony of a man is worth twice as much as that of a woman therefore woman should be locked up in their homes. No evidence supports this position therefore I oppose it.

اس کے برعکس داڑھی منڈے لبرل لونڈے کثرت سے نظر آتے ہیں

Vitamin_C

I don't think simply looking at a man or a woman with desire constitutes a crime. Theres no way that you can harm another person just by staring at them, unless your eyes also release a powerful lazer beam like cyclopes in X-men.

I wish someone makes staring similar punishment, I never understand why some begharait men star women as if they havent seen one ever in their life! most ridicoulous is when they even dont spare kids.

cestmoi ✅️

I am not a liberal, I am a rationalist, I only support a position what can be reasoned based on empirical evidence. There are some religions and some cultures that seem to promote the idea that women are inferior to men therefore a man can have 4 wives while a woman can have only one husband, and that the testimony of a man is worth twice as much as that of a woman therefore woman should be locked up in their homes. No evidence supports this position therefore I oppose it.

You should study how men and women are biologically wired and then you will have your answer. Men and women are equal but different. Very important to understand this difference.

Vitamin_C

I think religion has a big part to play in this. Shariah law institutionalizes inferiority of women to men and Islamic countries rank the lowest in terms of Gender Parity.

1280px-The_Global_Gender_Gap_Report_2017.png

Actually, it's the lack of education and law enforcement. 'Bearded men' you mentioned cause other issues but are not the root cause of this specific issue.

Vitamin_C

Yes but that is not basis for legal and societal discrimination against women.

You should study how men and women are biologically wired and then you will have your answer. Men and women are equal but different. Very important to understand this differentiation.

cestmoi ✅️

Yes but that is not basis for legal and societal discrimination against women.

Once you understand the 'difference', things become easier to understand. It's not about discrimination. For example, who is an employer most likely to hire for a job that requires the employee to lift/carry heavy weight regularly? You will see usually men doing these jobs. Is this discrimination? Or is it merely about the capability of the gender?

I totally understand the biological reason behind one man multiple wives and not vice versa. Whether it's right or wrong, that's our own interpretation.

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

If one person can lift more weight does not make one superior to the other, by your definition Arnold should be allowed to have 10 wives. Men are better suited for certain jobs yes but that does not justify discriminatory laws against women.

What does being good at a certain type of job have to do with getting more privileges when it comes to the number of partners you can have? I fail to see the connection in your logic.

Once you understand the 'difference', things become easier to understand. It's not about discrimination. For example, who is an employer most likely to hire for a job that requires the employee to lift/carry heavy weight regularly? You will see usually men doing these jobs. Is this discrimination? Or is it merely about the capability of the gender?

I totally understand the biological reason behind one man multiple wives and not vice versa. Whether it's right or wrong, that's our own interpretation.

NacGhey

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I think religion has a big part to play in this. Shariah law institutionalizes inferiority of women to men and Islamic countries rank the lowest in terms of Gender Parity.

1280px-The_Global_Gender_Gap_Report_2017.png
Dear, Women are given utmost respect in Islam, this is the culture which forces us to act the way most Muslim countries act. culture in Eastern European countries is different from Western and that's why they also treat females differently. Please read Quran with translation. don't listen to others to understand Islam, just read at least to find out whats written in Quran

cestmoi ✅️

If one person can lift more weight does not make one superior to the other, by your definition Arnold should be allowed to have 10 wives. Men are better suited for certain jobs yes but that does not justify discriminatory laws against women.

What does being good at a certain type of job have to do with getting more privileges when it comes to the number of partners you can have? I fail to see the connection in your logic.

I did not relate the two. I just explained 2 different points. Do not link them pls.

Vitamin_C

From what I can understand, your argument is that since there are some biological differences between men and women, therefore it is justified to make laws that discriminate against women.

I think that it is justified for ignorant desert people to hold this opinion 1400 years ago, but it makes me sick that someone can even think like this in the 21st century. It is wrong on so many levels.

I did not relate the two. I just explained 2 different points. Do not link them pls.

cestmoi ✅️

From what I can understand, your argument is that since there are some biological differences between men and women, therefore it is justified to make laws that discriminate against women.

I think that it is justified for ignorant desert people to hold this opinion 1400 years ago, but it makes me sick that someone can even think like this in the 21st century. It is wrong on so many levels.

You keep repeating the same mantra in every post without understanding what is being explained. I never said we should make laws to discriminate against any gender. All I'm saying is that men and women biologically have different mental and physical capabilities, and because of that they are NOT same/equal in every thing. This is NOT about treating them differently.

Vitamin_C

Dear, this is a case of "If you repeat lies hundreds of times people start believing it to be true". Reality however is very different from what we are taught in Islamiat classes and one only needs to open a book on Sharia law to confirm it. If you want to dig deep into the rat hole the findings can be appalling.

"And their Lord answereth them, 'I will not suffer the work of him among you that worketh, whether of male or female, to be lost. The one of you is the issue of the other." (Q. 3:195)

"Mankind fear your Lord, who created you of a single soul, and from it created its mate." (Q. 4:1)

"And it is for the women to act as they (the husbands) act by them, in all fairness; but the men are a step above them." (Q. 2:228)
"Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other."(Q. 4:34) Dawood

"Men are superior to women, and a man is better than a woman." Ibn Kathir on Q. 4:34

"(The males share is that of two females). Man is more perfect than the woman in creation, and intelligence, and in the religious sphere, such as the suitability to be a judge, and a leader in worship. Also, the testimony of the man is twice that of the woman. So that whoever is given great responsibilities must be given correspondingly great privileges. As the woman is deficient in intelligence and of great lust, if she is given much money, much corruption will be the result. " Al Razi on Q. 4:11

This is just one aspect, Islam discriminates women on over a dozen others.

Dear, Women are given utmost respect in Islam, this is the culture which forces us to act the way most Muslim countries act. culture in Eastern European countries is different from Western and that's why they also treat females differently. Please read Quran with translation. don't listen to others to understand Islam, just read at least to find out whats written in Quran