Help needed from Canadians on this scam- Rogers Canada hardware(iphone 5) upgrade

Liaqat Hussain

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

so yesterday I recieved an email notification by Rogers canada saying,Thank you for upgrading your hardware etc, when I never did any.

Rogers told me that someone pretended to be me and did this. He just didn't do that but also changed the address on my account, so he can get the phone delivered right to his address.

Rogers fraud department called me this morning and told me the scammer called again a few hours ago to get the tracking number and unfortunately the phone is already on the way but I won't be billed for this. They are investigating it.

My concern is, how did they end up getting my info and what should i do protect myself in future..My personal info is still out there.

Any comments or tips will be helpful

rogers-iphone.jpg

wasiqjaved

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
If your iPhone is jailbroken, anyone can easily install a software or copy sensitive date in & out of ur iPhone with a datacable.... even if it's passcode-locked. I can easily break an iPhone passcode lock in under 60 min

Another problem nowadays are ... infected computers. The computer you use to log into rogers account might record keystrokes and take screenshots and send it back to the culprit via email (usually less than 1MB)

It's also very common that it's someone whom you work with, study with or someone who knows you.

SOLUTION : Keep your identity secure and do not acknowledge unknown numbers who say that they are from Rogers.... They will take your personal details and sell it to criminals like these. It's very common in the UK as well.

nuzhatghazali

Minister (2k+ posts)
روجر خود ایک بڑا اسکییم ہے .. ان سے زیادہ بے ایمان کمپنی میں نے آج تک نہیں دیکھی ...غلط بل بھیجتے ہیں اگر اتفاق سے چیک کرلو تو معذرت کریں گے کہ کمپوٹر کی غلطی سے ہوگیا .... ان کے تو ایسے ایسے قصے مشور ہیں کہ بس....٢٠٠٨ کا بل بھیج رہے ہیں ....حد یہ ہے کہ کلکشن اجنسی میں بھیج دیا جبکے اس سن میں یہ گھر بنا بھی نہیں تھا یہاں خالی پلاٹ تھا .
ہمارے حلقے میں روجر ز سے ایسے بھاگتے ہیں جسے چھوت کی بیماری سے.
بدقسمتی یہ ہے کہ خود روجرز کا کریڈٹ صحیح نہیں ہے لہٰذا جن چھو ٹی کمپنیوں کا کریڈٹ صحیح ہے انھیں خرید کر ظم کرنا شرو ع کر دیا .

Its good that Rogers is aware of it , simply have pin with rogers and ask them to remove from your file its their mistake you should not worry about it .
its normal .

rising_pakistan

Minister (2k+ posts)
when you call rogers, they only ask ur date of birth and postal code to confirm your id... nothing else.. so most likely thats all the scammer had