How a guy recovered his stolen car after 9 years!!

FahadBhatti

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This story is a question mark on Pakistan police system , the corrupt bureaucracy , the bhai band corrupt lawyers and inept judicial system.

I was going through forums on Pakwheels and i landed upon this thread , the story tells how a strong headed guy struggled against all odds to get his vehicle back. He also gives credit of Prime ministers Citizen portal. Still living in a country like that , how can you expect to get justice as a common citizen?

--------------------

**Aoa Pakwheelers, **

Let me share the details of the case step by step.

1;) The car was parked hardly 1km away from the police station in Faisalabad when it was stolen.

2.) FIR was registered same day 381-A Theft of motor vehicle on 02/09/12.

3:) The original registration book of the car was inside the car.

4:) Since it was a 2000 model car, the file was not returned or collected yet. It was with MRA Lahore.

5;) Stolen vehicle was illegally transferred by ETO Mardan 07/11/12.

6:) It was a LHR registered vehicle ownership status was updated on 26/10/13 and original file was handed over to the criminal.

7:) The car was impounded by ACLC in Mardan on a police checkpost 15/02/16.

8:) A lawyer was driving the car when it was impounded and according to the lawyer statement he bought this car from his nephew 3 year back and according to him he was the rightful owner since he had original documents. Later on the vehicle was handed over to the lawyer on superdari by Magistrate Mardan.

9:) We lodged a complaint against MRA Lahore Farid kot house that our stolen car with an Active FIR was illegally transferred by their staff.

10:) Excise Legal team revoked the bogus registration to save themselves from anti corruption and reverted the registration back on our name and gave police order to capture the car and criminal.

11:) Name and CNIC of the criminal was entered in the FIR and arrest warrants were issued.

12:) I contacted the person from Mardan and asked him politely that I have arrest warrants issued for him and how he wants to resolve this matter. He gave me his "Mamu" Lawyer contact number and told me he will sort out this matter.

13.) Contacted the lawyer, he was like I have original documents and that makes me the rightful owner, If you want the car you shall buy it back. I told him you have already driven the car illegally for the past 8 years it will be better to return it.

14.) He wanted to sell me the car so I hired a lawyer in Mardan and got the illegal superdari cancelled.

15.) FIR/MRA Lahore and Magistrate order stands in our favor.

16.) According to Mardan Magistrate we are the rightful owner and this lawyer had no right to claim superdari of this vehicle.

17.) Lawyer filed an appeal to additional magistrate Mardan for suspension of Magistrate order.

18.) Lawyer is now detaining a stolen vehicle against the law PPC 413.

19.) Also, this lawyer did not challenge the FIR and MRA order instead he challenged the Magistrate order for cancellation of his superdari. (The vehicle in question is under our ownership)

20.) Complaint registered against Excise Mardan department for illegal transfer.

21.) Excise department Mardan trying to be mediators and assuring us that they will get us custody of the vehicle.

22.) The session judge disposed off the lawyers appeal and gave order in our favor.

Will keep you informed with updates...

The car is located in Takht bhai, Mardan. The Punjab police is delaying the NOC and couldn't arrest the criminal and impound the vehicle because they doesn't have jurisdiction in KPK.

We have asked these people politely to give up the car because it just doesn't belong to them but they were like yeh gaari toh hamay 9 lakh ki perh gayi hai. Not my fault neither my concern.

They should have taught about that before purchasing a stolen vehicle.

Currently, I have lodged complaint against Punjab police on 8787 and Citizen portal for delaying NOC and not wanting to close this case.

Any help or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Funny thing is that we were the second owner of the vehicle, According to Excise data It was transferred on our name but the criminal somehow got it transferred directly from the first owner to his name. (MRA Mardan ETO was involved)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This story is a question mark on Pakistan police system , the corrupt bureaucracy , the bhai band corrupt lawyers and inept judicial system.

I was going through forums on Pakwheels and i landed upon this thread , the story tells how a strong headed guy struggled against all odds to get his vehicle back. He also gives credit of Prime ministers Citizen portal. Still living in a country like that , how can you expect to get justice as a common citizen?

here is the link to the thread.

Fascinating reading. I'm glad he got his car back. Persistence pays

A.jokhio

Minister (2k+ posts)

here is the link to the thread.

I really appreciate, this boys effort...

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Mulk ka kya kachra ban chuka hai. This red tape and brown babu bureaucracy will be the end of this country.