How can one learn making applications for mobile phones

Lubnakhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
My son wants to learn making apps for mobiles, he has learnt html coding, css and some Java!! He used this you tube channel to learn all this stuff. There was no help from home! Majid Ali

Web Designing Course in urdu Lecture 3 | Sir Majid Ali | How to Learn Web Designing
But now he is stuck , please guide about any channel which he can use to make apps!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kam

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Youtube is best and i hope someone informs about the above requirements.
I always advise my cousins and whoever seeks help, to learn it things from youtube.

We need to teach our children and generations to make an effective and positive use of internet and facilities available.

Whaat

MPA (400+ posts)
Youtube only might not be enough. Its better to get proper courses online like mentioned by Pakcola. Best platforms can be Coursera, Linked in learning, Udemy etc.

Lubnakhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
You tube offer a lot of variety so I want specific link. My kid is young so I need something simple that he can do on his own, if anyone can help I will appreciate! I have checked udemy but it looks tough for him

Digital_Pakistani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Have made a few apps as some of my commercial projects need to have android app integration.

Getting stuck while development is common, patience, consistency helps.

If I ever have to become an app developer, I would go for flutter, because it being from google, latest, easy to learn, smooth user interface, and able to be cross-platform. Enough learning videos available on youtube.

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I am an Android developer. Though I am switching to cyber security.
To be an Android developer one has to master Java. To be an expert in iPhone app development, one has to be good in Swift.
Neither can be learned without a proper teacher. UDEMY can give a basic idea but these two languages are comprehensive languages. You need to know connection to database for app development. So you need to know relational database and SQL with that. I am not trying to discourage you , I am just realistic. Best solution for your son is to get enrolled in a Java course. Once he has the elementary ability in Java then he can move to app development in Java. By the way learning Swift is better because iPhone app developers are more in demand. Every IT college graduate knows Java but not Swift.
Message me if you need more information.