How to transfer British Pounds to Roshan Digital Account?

Pakistan Space Agency

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Salaam brothers/sisters,

So I've setup a Roshan Digital Account in the British Pound currency. However, I'm now unsure how to actually transfer pounds to it.

Normally I use Western Union / Remitly to send Rupees to Pakistan but these apps don't seem to give the option to send pounds to Pakistan.

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

theexile

MPA (400+ posts)

Pakistan*Home currency only available via branch or telephony
*Please send in GBP, EUR, USD
*Online Banking send fee £0
(with option to pay recipient fee)
*Arrives same day if sent before the cut off time, these are 6pm for GBP, 3pm for EUR & 5.30pm for USD
No*Branch fee £25
Payments arrive same day, cut off times are 2pm for GBP, EUR or USD
£1Exchange control restrictions prevent the free flow of funds out of Pakistan. Payments sent in error can be returned, but have to be approved by the State Bank of Pakistan, which can take several months.

We need you to put a detailed reason for the payment, and the beneficiary’s address, in the 'Payment details' field when sending Pakistan Rupee (PKR).

When sending payments to this country, you must provide the beneficiary’s International Bank Account Number (IBAN) in your payment instruction. Purpose of payment is also required.

Pakistan Space Agency

Pakistan*Home currency only available via branch or telephony
*Please send in GBP, EUR, USD
*Online Banking send fee £0
*Arrives same day if sent before the cut off time, these are 6pm for GBP, 3pm for EUR & 5.30pm for USD
No*Branch fee £25
Payments arrive same day, cut off times are 2pm for GBP, EUR or USD
£1Exchange control restrictions prevent the free flow of funds out of Pakistan. Payments sent in error can be returned, but have to be approved by the State Bank of Pakistan, which can take several months.

We need you to put a detailed reason for the payment, and the beneficiary’s address, in the 'Payment details' field when sending Pakistan Rupee (PKR).

When sending payments to this country, you must provide the beneficiary’s International Bank Account Number (IBAN) in your payment instruction. Purpose of payment is also required.
So, i can only send as a Bank Transfer transaction from my bank account?

theexile

MPA (400+ posts)
Correct, if your regular UK bank account supports international bank transfers, it should be straight forward to initiate the int.transfer. I bank with Barclays which is straight forward and the option has always been there by default. Cant vouch for all banks but have a feeling that all established high.st banks should have this feature.

Oppostion Is Mafia

Minister (2k+ posts)
Correct, if your regular UK bank account supports international bank transfers, it should be straight forward to initiate the int.transfer. I bank with Barclays which is straight forward and the option has always been there by default. Cant vouch for all banks but have a feeling that all established high.st banks should have this feature.
Does Barclays charge international money transfer and is there rupees rates lower than high street?

theexile

MPA (400+ posts)
Does Barclays charge international money transfer and is there rupees rates lower than high street?

We are talking about GBP sterling to GBP sterling int.transfer here. If you want good PKR rates with exception speed and service, please use ace money transfer. I have been using them for over 8 years now;

acemoneytransfer(dot)com

Ria money is also good as long as you do it online, don't do it over the counter via franchise, RIA franchise holders are total fucktards (had 3 bad experiences in a row).

If you are in London, you can also try Shan Money exchange (Southall), they were my preferred choice between 2006 - 2014 until I discovered Aftab Currency Exchange (ACE). I still use Shan every now and then.

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Salaam brothers/sisters,

So I've setup a Roshan Digital Account in the British Pound currency. However, I'm now unsure how to actually transfer pounds to it.

Normally I use Western Union / Remitly to send Rupees to Pakistan but these apps don't seem to give the option to send pounds to Pakistan.

Walaikumasalam

With roshan digital foreign currency account, I dont know if you did it on purpose, but I did it by mistake. But to keep foreign cash, its alright.
For a Roshan Digital FCA you will only recieve a check book not an ATM card. Means when you are in Pakistan you can only withdraw at your Bank.
Furthermore check the FAQs on your Bank webpage. Normally for RDA there is a special Swift code, using which will save you couple of USD.

Pakistan Space Agency

Walaikumasalam

With roshan digital foreign currency account, I dont know if you did it on purpose, but I did it by mistake. But to keep foreign cash, its alright.
For a Roshan Digital FCA you will only recieve a check book not an ATM card. Means when you are in Pakistan you can only withdraw at your Bank.
Furthermore check the FAQs on your Bank webpage. Normally for RDA there is a special Swift code, using which will save you couple of USD.
I opened it in pounds on purpose but then realised afterwards that you can't deposit into it from Pakistan but only abroad.

As a result the only incentives/motives behind this appear to be something like:

1. Support Pakistan
2. Invest in Pakistan.
3. Save your money in a Pakistani bank that you can withdraw from abroad.

However, you can't actually transfer your money that you have saved in Pakistan previously to Roshan Digital Accounts.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Salaam brothers/sisters,

Kuch apnay ganjay leader ke chori kiya hua maal bhi Pakistan wapis kerdo ?

ejazbabloo

Salaam brothers/sisters,

I had the same issue. I bank with barclays, when tried to directly transfer from my barclays to Alfalah RDA account, barclays did not give me option from GBP to Pak Rs.though Indian Rs were there but Not Pak Rs. So had to open another RDA Account in GBP and then transfer directly from barclays GBP to my RDA GBP account using International Payment option.
Bank Alfalah give u very good rate when u transfer from ur GBP to PK Rs RDA Accounts.
I do it this way. Its more convinient.