Imran Khan's marriage is my priority

wahreh

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Let me begin this with a disclaimer: I have nothing against Reham Khan. She should not be harassed or have her private space infiltrated. She is free to choose whatever and whoever she wants to. I hope it’s clear; this is not about Reham Khan.

This is about the discrepancy in Imran Khan’s choices.

Imran, like any other right wing politician, exploits the religious sentiments of his voters. We are a nation who as children fall into the trap of our grandma’s religious manipulation,

“Hazoor (SAWW) ne toh kabhi kisi khanay se inkaar nahi kiya, chalo achay bachoon ki tarha kaddu kha lo.”
(The Prophet (PBUH) never refused any type of food; come on, eat your pumpkin like a good child).

And then as adults, when it comes to our marriage, our career decisions, our life style choices, we are controlled by our parent’s Islamic interpretations (which can even be an istekhara). Therefore, finally as voters, who in their right mind will oppose the idea of an Islamic republic; this is the sort of thing which gets you killed here.

So I get it, this is their self-serving, cleverly coated and slyly garnished ‘chooran and chunna’. However, this might have been a benign tactic (not really) in a society which was not as religiously charged as Pakistan, but given Pakistan’s obsession with religious intimidation and oppression, it’s a criminal stance to take.

I use the word ‘criminal’ because of what this mind set has done to us. It has led to Ahmadi persecution, charring of Joseph colony, throwing of a Christian couple in a brick kiln, accusing a child with Down syndrome of blasphemy and finally, punishing a mother of five because of some subjective accusation.

Some might argue that these incidents do not represent what the majority thinks or is capable of doing. Yes, they don’t, but the debate that whether the Peshawar massacre was indeed Islamic, if vigils and black display pictures are the religiously right way to mourn or show grief, and the knee jerk reaction we have to anything remotely progressive, such as stem cell research, is indicative of our collective mind set. Mushtaq Ahmed Yousufi said and I quote,

“Humaray haan sciensi taleem ka daff umuman deeniyaat se mara jatta hai”
(In our society, the field of science is often over-shadowed by religion)

We have been led, guided and supported in our choice to regress.

Imran, with his demands for a Shariah state, in his opposition of the women protection bill, through his suggestions of dialogue with the Taliban, by turning a deaf ear to the banning of Malala’s book and the recent school curriculum changes, has made his position quiet clear as a supporter of this regressive, criminal mind set. He consciously, voluntarily and actively made that decision.
I know Imran is no poster boy for religious extremism. His flamboyant past, clean shaven appearance, and that iconic red scarf are anything but ‘Taliban-like’ and this is exactly where the discrepancy kicks in.

What he wants for us and what he chooses for himself are not the same things. He chose a liberal, independent, articulate woman for himself but for the rest of Pakistan, well blue is the colour of the season. Of course don’t get any wrong ideas; I am not talking about Sana Safinaz and Nomi Ansari’s collection. I am talking about those imported blue burqas which the Taliban are bent upon smuggling to Pakistan. Their route: Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P).

So anyone who says his marriage is personal, or this is just like any other celebrity marriage, is failing to acknowledge the hypocrisy that is at display. Tahir Ashrafi’s drinking is a national concern and masses should be repeatedly reminded of how much and which brand to curtail his religious vitriol. Aamir Liaquat’s ‘behind-the-camera’ videos should be played nonstop till he shuts up and the masses realise that this man fits the bill of a hypocrite as described by Islam (obscene language being one of their traits) and finally, Imran should be questioned about the discrepancy in his “personal” choices and public stance.

You can’t choose to be modern and keep us backward. No sir, your stance and politics has significantly contributed to the mind set which kills and frightens me, so I am not going to let you off the hook easily. My priorities are not misplaced. Religious extremism is my priority and therefore so is your marriage. I am a tweet away from being accused of blasphemy and consequently, of being mercilessly killed or unjustly imprisoned.

My blood is on you.

In the end, as a potential voter, what should we expect in ‘Naya Pakistan’, which has Reham as its first lady? I am hoping the answer is moderation, reforms and progress.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/25666/yes-imran-khans-marriage-is-my-priority/

Last edited by a moderator:

rtabasum2

Alas we still cannot produce a man with leadership qualities........every time we get duped by some Charlton only hungry for power.If u cannot even invite ur sisters wt kind of values do u carry??

Bxcp9QRCUAI1UBt.jpg:large

GraanG2

Alas we still cannot produce a man with leadership qualities........every time we get duped by some Charlton only hungry for power.If u cannot even invite ur sisters wt kind of values do u carry??

How do u know they were not invited? But if they don't wanna join, then it's their problem. Imran khan is not bound to ask their sisters who to marry.

Ro Maryam Ro

Minister (2k+ posts)

This is imran khan personal matter. If this is your issue then next time you should vote to zardari, NS, Altaf, fazlooo :biggthumpup::biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

know-how

Banned

And tht brought tears in my eyes. Dont know wht makes Khan so stupid n cold blooded.

know-how

Banned
This is imran khan personal matter. If this is your issue then next time you should vote to zardari, NS, Altaf, fazlooo :biggthumpup::biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Well said but let me tell u Khan can never ever be the PM of Pakistan after this.
after few days u all wil hear LEADERSHIP CHANGE in PTI. I personally think IK should enjoy his life now as he is not worthy anymore n Asad Umer should b the next leader of PTI otherwise Qureshi or Tareen wil b the dons of the nation.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
The problem with the original post is just makes a lot of false assumptions or one can even call them allegations about Imran Khan which are just not true. Imran Khan is a true believer of democracy and never called for a shariah state akin to the ISIS or Taliban but an Islamic welfare state where the poor, elderly and disadvantaged are looked after by the state.

Dialogue with the Taliban was the right choice at that time and supported by everyone later on, its another story how the nawazoo govt totally flubbed that opportunity to make those talks work. Even now after we have dropped all our bombs and hanged a few thousand, the end to this conflict with still be through a negotiations. Even great wars have ended on that note.

The rest of the points are just pointless fluff, not worth even mentioning.

A good try by a patwari in disguise as an intellectual, but eventually fell flat on its face like all arguments made on lies and half turths

khawaja07

Councller (250+ posts)

How can you be so sure that IK didn't Invite his sisters? you do know that before this wedding his sisters strongly opposed Reham Khan as IK's bride so i really don't think that a guy like IK didn't invite them..rather they themselves didn't want to come to his wedding because they disliked Reham khan and wouldn't accept her...

khawaja07

Councller (250+ posts)
Well said but let me tell u Khan can never ever be the PM of Pakistan after this.
after few days u all wil hear LEADERSHIP CHANGE in PTI. I personally think IK should enjoy his life now as he is not worthy anymore n Asad Umer should b the next leader of PTI otherwise Qureshi or Tareen wil b the dons of the nation.

Yea right....

know-how

Banned
Sadly so...Aj WAFA haar gaii or HUSN jeet gya.
dont worry Aleema Baji, main apko apni shadi main bulaaun ga. PTI walay sb aap k bhaii he hain.

Ro Maryam Ro

Minister (2k+ posts)

Quaid e Azam also had marriage issues but his marriage issues did not affect his political career...

Altaf Lutfi

BTW, the way you are stepping over the privacy of some body, supposing and feeding us suggestively and making yourself a GREEN joke under pretext of Shariah, do you mind to define yourself in light of Islamic teachings ? You look like a peacock, dancing long and beautifully but what about your ugly feet ?

know-how

Banned
Quaid e Azam also had marriage issues but his marriage issues did not affect his political career...

Quaid e Azam ny taxi sy shadi nahi ki thi janab.
shadi krna to buht achi bat hy but shadi k naam py apna muu kala krwana to khan ki jesay adat ban gaii hy.
ab to 60+ ho gya hy Khan sahab ab to ashiqi chorr do yar.

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Quaid e Azam ny taxi sy shadi nahi ki thi janab.
shadi krna to buht achi bat hy but shadi k naam py apna muu kala krwana to khan ki jesay adat ban gaii hy.
ab to 60+ ho gya hy Khan sahab ab to ashiqi chorr do yar.

How do you know you father did not marry a taxi?

umerazam

MPA (400+ posts)
bullshit article, totally clueless trying to relate two things but never came near to ..........Imran Khan never asked for Shariah state and wtf other stuff has to do with his marriage like opening office for taliban....***** ho gye sare patwari