India is having a Field Day on Despicable Comments of Sheikh Rasheed!!!

desan

President (40k+ posts)
Sorry to say, but I don't think that the lives of Muslims in India would be any better or worse, before or after this statement. RSS is already working full throttle on their supremacist agenda.

Though, what I think is this statement, like many others of SR, is carefully crafted by him, according to the intellect level of our TLP followers.

It was totally unnecessary to inject religion into this...

SR has a habit of proving his credentials to the fundamentalists and unfortunately, IK is also slowly heading in that direction.

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It was totally unnecessary to inject religion into this...

SR has a habit of proving his credentials to the fundamentalists and unfortunately, IK is also slowly heading in that direction.
This is the beauty of democracy, that you have to speak in the manner of the commoners, not the privileged educated class, who are a few in number.

I mean, others can be just literate like me, where the majority are either poorly or totally not aware of the true meanings of education. We just earn a qualification to be able to do a job, not to make a difference in the world.

I agree that the comment was totally unnecessary .... but SR is a local politician who has his hand on the pulse of the crowd, waiting outside ISB to barge in .... SR just capitalized on the very first opportunity that presented itself to him...

But I guess IK is an educated person, I have this doubt by just looking at his lifestyle, achievements and all that money which he never made (though he could). But, as he had compromised over the "electables", he also has to speak like the folks want/expect. He is just giving the monkeys the bananas they want.

desan

President (40k+ posts)
This is the beauty of democracy, that you have to speak in the manner of the commoners, not the privileged educated class, who are a few in number.

I mean, others can be just literate like me, where the majority are either poorly or totally not aware of the true meanings of education. We just earn a qualification to be able to do a job, not to make a difference in the world.

I agree that the comment was totally unnecessary .... but SR is a local politician who has his hand on the pulse of the crowd, waiting outside ISB to barge in .... SR just capitalized on the very first opportunity that presented itself to him...

But I guess IK is an educated person, I have this doubt by just looking at his lifestyle, achievements and all that money which he never made (though he could). But, as he had compromised over the "electables", he also has to speak like the folks want/expect. He is just giving the monkeys the bananas they want.

However, a politician wants to win next election but
A leader has to education the future generations...

Sounds like a race to the bottom, like in Modi's India!!!

Sohail Shuja

However, a politician wants to win next election but
A leader has to education the future generations...

Sounds like a race to the bottom, like in Modi's India!!!
Reminds me of an old saying that "It is so simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple"

Likewise, educating the future generations is a comparable task. You first have to have the attention of your pupils/disciples and then, you gradually take them ahead.... one step at a time.

I wish I knew a thing or two about education, so that I could understand and explain things better. But what I see at my eastern borders (Kartarpur Border), I have little doubt that this land, under the political leadership of IK, will ever become even an iota like Modi's ENDIA.

But don't worry about SR. He is not a genuine leader and no one really takes him as a leader. So, you may just let his statement disappear in thin air.... like a bubble burst.

desan

President (40k+ posts)
Reminds me of an old saying that "It is so simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple"

Likewise, educating the future generations is a comparable task. You first have to have the attention of your pupils/disciples and then, you gradually take them ahead.... one step at a time.

I wish I knew a thing or two about education, so that I could understand and explain things better. But what I see at my eastern borders (Kartarpur Border), I have little doubt that this land, under the political leadership of IK, will ever become even an iota like Modi's ENDIA.

But don't worry about SR. He is not a genuine leader and no one really takes him as a leader. So, you may just let his statement disappear in thin air.... like a bubble burst.

Not sure if he is teaching or misleading the nation, like Zia did, with hyper-religiosity...

Was hopeful that he will bring reform in how we celebrate Rabi-ul-Awwal with more focus on content than outward emotions.

However, quite disappointed with his approach and think it will further intensify sectarianism with each passing year.

Sohail Shuja

Not sure if he is teaching or misleading the nation, like Zia did, with hyper-religiosity...

Was hopeful that he will bring reform in how we celebrate Rabi-ul-Awwal with more focus on content than outward emotions.

However, quite disappointed with his approach and think it will further intensify sectarianism with each passing year.
On this Rabi-ul-Awwal, yes, the optics were exorbitant than the content, as if IK was sandbagging against the storm being brewed by TLP.

The Qadri issue was one of the major blunders NS committed in his time and TLP emerged as a political movement, dividing the votes of PMLN and PPP and making way for PTI.

Zia bred these religious outfits (TTP and TLP) as war machines, but they turned into our own Frankenstein. To tame these beasts, you need to talk in their language, rather than reciting Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. It's all French to them.

Otherwise, IK's rivals will capitalize on this "tide of the time" for their own benefit. Did you see the timing of the "Mehngai march"?

Now, IK does not want to be standing in the way of the raging bull all alone. That is why he is throwing the matter at the floor of the house, so that he can diverge the attention of the TLP followers and deflate the opposition's balloonery as well, by making them a "partner in the crime".

Though, your concerns for fanning more extremism and sectarian divide are quite relevant, but IK's track record shows that he managed well with TTP in KPK and now is following a reconciliatory track with TLP. I think he is avoiding a direct confrontation. But let's see how it rolls out. As far as we are "ISLAMIC republic of Pakistan", religion will always be our foundation stone.