India threates the world to earn some respect

hassam

MPA (400+ posts)
http://www.vancouversun.com/busines...ct+over+Commonwealth+Games/3575496/story.html

OTTAWA — India's trade minister lashed out at critics of his country's readiness to host the Commonwealth Games, warning prospective trade partners to treat the emerging economic powerhouse with "respect."

At a news conference Friday to promote trade talks with Canada, Anand Sharma rejected international criticism of the upcoming Games as "unfair" and "unwarranted." Critics have decried India's preparation for the games, noting that the athletes' village doesn't appear to be ready, among other concerns. On Friday, the president of Australia's Olympic Association said the Games never should have been awarded to India in the first place.

"There is no major project anywhere which is concluded to perfection," Sharma told reporters. "Trying to run down the country is not acceptable to us."

Sharma bristled at the suggestion that India would fail to welcome guests in an appropriate manner.

"We have very rich cultural traditions, and we know how to receive our guests. "Our guests will be welcomed, and the Commonwealth Games will be rejoiced and remembered," he said.

Sharma's comments came after he met with Canadian Trade Minister Peter Van Loan to discuss the formal launch of negotiations between the two countries on a free-trade agreement. On Friday, the two sides took another step closer to that goal with the release of a joint study highlighting key points to discuss.

Sharma reminded potential trade partners that India is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. "It would be a mistake not to engage with India with respect, and when it comes to business, whose loss (would it) be?"

Also read the following comments posted by people in response to this news.

anonymous

1:04 PM on September 24, 2010

Respect where it's warranted. Judging from the pictures we saw yesterday, I'd say the criticizms are pretty valid.

Name withheld

anonymous

1:03 PM on September 24, 2010

You earn respect. Using the threat of possible trade problems or restrictions won't get respect. I think that this minister should pay attention to where their bread is buttered. Who does he think buys the products they produce. Stupid threats like this shows that they don't deserve respect.

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Good job Mr Sharma But Please make sure you take corrective action as Promised and make this wonderful even more memorable.
Jai Hind

Khurram.k

Senator (1k+ posts)
hey dude , the indiaguy ...I have a bad feeling ...even though I wish no harm on any human being but still feeling is a feeling ....and I feel these games are turn india around 180 degrees ...unfortunately for you , cuz my feeling says it would be for the worse . My feeling also says , Indian will fail bad during these games and for a long long time you won't be hosting any major events . As a good neighbor I want you to be able to say jai hind for a long time ...but this attitude and words used by a hindu minister may well just make you regret and it would be pretty embarrassing if by the end of these games , "others" started calling it , gay hind ?

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Threats ??

haaa haaa.....o bhai india has been begging the world to send their teams for common wealth games...and now few players of few teams arrived and now india is trying to pose a brave face...

lol.....every one in the world has slapped indian face.....may be the red face forced them to cry and treat...

its just like a threat of a lame dog while running away from lion

B3LGiAN

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Good job Mr Sharma But Please make sure you take corrective action as Promised and make this wonderful even more memorable.
Jai Hind

Sports Village Bridge collapsed
Stadiums Roof Collapsed
Players Room are so small like Animal Cages
Nutrition Sanitation And FOOD Standards are not up to Required Level

+ Shooting in Delhi
+ Bribes to 72 common wealth countries to win the bid by India to host CW Games
Aussies + NZies and many other afraid to join LoL

GAY HiND

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Stadiums Roof Collapsed

+ Shooting in Delhi

GAY HiND

[hilar][hilar][hilar]

digitalzygot

Senator (1k+ posts)
True Indian face revealed their media shows India as great India but when people go there and see for themselves they are disgusted

Imranpak

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
There is a difference between image and reality!.Images are created by the media who only show the few good spots on their glossy brochures but the greatest FACT about India is that some 450 million people are living on the streets!.No political campaign or multi billionaire can change this FACT and others like poor sanitation and a lack of toilets and other facilities.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The truth is that if the trade parteners stop to do trade with india it is india that will go crying tothem, they can always find other places to get what they want.
Hey, but if they want to be scared so be it.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Stadiums Roof Collapsed

+ Shooting in Delhi

GAY HiND
[hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar]

Gay Hind, gaayay Hindd [hilar]

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
There is a difference between image and reality!.Images are created by the media who only show the few good spots on their glossy brochures but the greatest FACT about India is that some 450 million people are living on the streets!.No political campaign or multi billionaire can change this FACT and others like poor sanitation and a lack of toilets and other facilities.
Who counted the people living on streets. How much time it took to count 450 million people on streets? Last time when I counted it was only 2 million?