Investing in Human development in Pakistan

hassam

MPA (400+ posts)
Hi Members,
I need some advice from you. I run an online education business. I want to use my resources to invest in human capital development in Pakistan. The idea is to provide online education to those who otherwise cannot afford to study. My target groups are women and children who and taking refuge in women shelters or orphanage. Plan is to provide the education for free as much as possible. I have various courses lined up ranging from languages to computer programming etc. Depending on the availability of teacher. I need input from the members on the following items:
1- Do you know of any organization that is already doing such stuff and i can work with them?
2- I primarily want to work with Edhi trust or other trusts who already have significant number of people taking shelter. The plan is to use their existing equipment and provide online courses.
3- Are there any institutes who would like to support me with their infrastructure because i believe the biggest hurdle i will have is availability of computers or smart phone to facilitate with the education.

Appreciate any valuable feedback. If you plan to share your input at personal level please PM me.

aimless

Minister (2k+ posts)
I wish u, good luck man :) Few initiatives already existed, one by Ignite and other by private company sabaq foundation; there are few more.

Dr.Ahsan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Very Nice initiative. There are many philanthropic organizations in Pakistan which can provide you recourses. I can suggest you to contact Shahzad Roy's Zindagi Trust, they are working in the area of education and school reforms.

Erectus

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Since you are interested in education, I think you should contact The Citizens Foundation (TCF), that would be an ideal organisation to work with. https://www.tcf.org.pk/
If you are based in the UK, then their website is https://tcf-uk.org/
I am not too sure if Edhi trust would be a good choice for this particular initiative.

Good Luck!

BrotherKantu

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Very good Idea. Here is what all of you can do which will cost you nothing.

If you use Amazon,

Click the link down.

and select charity

The Human Development Foundation of North America

This is a Pakistani American Doctors working for Human Development in Pakistan and is base for PMIK's Human Development initiative in Pakistan. These doctors brought this idea of human development to IK.

When you buy from Amazon a small portion of your purchase will go to this fund without costing anything to you.

You need to change your Bookmark to https://smile.amazon.com/ and select "The Human Development Foundation of North America". You need to do this for all your computers or cell phones and re select it once or twice a year to continue funding this charity.

Goto HDF web site and see their work. You will be proud to be their partner.

Allah aap sb ko iss ka ajer de.

Last edited:

BrotherKantu

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Who We Are​

Last Update: May 09, 2019

To Facilitate a Non-Political Movement for Positive Social Change and Community Empowerment through Mass Literacy, Enhanced Quality of Education, Universal Primary Healthcare.

Our History

The Human Development Foundation was launched by a group of visionary Pakistani Americans in 1997 as a gift to Pakistan on the 50th anniversary of its Independence.

This group of transformational leaders have deep roots in Pakistan and are passionate about human development and poverty eradication. Nearly twenty years later, their quest for positive social change remains at the forefront, and HDF works tirelessly to relieve human suffering.

From this small beginning, HDF has grown to a staff of nearly 700 providing programming in all four provinces of Pakistan. Thanks to you, we reach over 1.5 million with holistic programming that helps create lasting change.

Our Mission

To Facilitate a Non-Political Movement for Positive Social Change and Community Empowerment through Mass Literacy, Enhanced Quality of Education, Universal Primary Healthcare and Grassroots Economic Development.

Our Vision

To Become a Center of Excellence Known for Progressive and Transformational Human Development Programs
We carry out our mission with the following core values...
Honesty, Integrity, Accountability, Transparency, Efficiency, and Fiscal Responsibility.

Oppostion Is Mafia

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hi Members,
I need some advice from you. I run an online education business. I want to use my resources to invest in human capital development in Pakistan. The idea is to provide online education to those who otherwise cannot afford to study. My target groups are women and children who and taking refuge in women shelters or orphanage. Plan is to provide the education for free as much as possible. I have various courses lined up ranging from languages to computer programming etc. Depending on the availability of teacher. I need input from the members on the following items:
1- Do you know of any organization that is already doing such stuff and i can work with them?
2- I primarily want to work with Edhi trust or other trusts who already have significant number of people taking shelter. The plan is to use their existing equipment and provide online courses.
3- Are there any institutes who would like to support me with their infrastructure because i believe the biggest hurdle i will have is availability of computers or smart phone to facilitate with the education.

Appreciate any valuable feedback. If you plan to share your input at personal level please PM me.
Try poor pmln and ppp areas lot of dead donkeys never been to schools. they support corrupt mafias and lie for them because poor education and poor human developments in these areas.