IPP - Historical decision by PTI Cabinet | Senior Analyst Adeel W

Abdul Baqi

MPA (400+ posts)
Still too expensive. Solar is most cheap now and people in Pakistan are going towards solar. I think with in 3 years this ipp circular debt crisis will erupt again.

Abdul Baqi

MPA (400+ posts)
Revised contracts with IPPs will save billions of dollars. Now all payments will be done in rupee where as in past Noora Daku used to pay them in dollars for his commission.
dont be so happy. Capacity payments are still a must and people are leaving wapda for solar. soon batteries will be very cheap and most population will shift to off grid solar. capacity payment crisis will erupt again in few years.

Hate_Nooras

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Still too expensive. Solar is most cheap now and people in Pakistan are going towards solar. I think with in 3 years this ipp circular debt crisis will erupt again.
We could and should create a whole industry based around making Solar panels, installing and maintaining them. Millions of green jobs and costs the govt little in the bigger scheme of things

BrotherKantu

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Revised contracts with IPPs will save billions of dollars. Now all payments will be done in rupee where as in past Noora Daku used to pay them in dollars for his commission.

I believe Pkr will go up in value compare to US$. Does not look good decision.

leo_pk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Allah hi Hafiz hai pakistan ka, kay jub pakistan ki behtari ho to nooray aur pp kay khusray maatam kartay hain