Iran sentences journalist Ruhollah Zam to death

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
So much for freedom of speech. This is how Ee-ron handles anyone who dare rise up against the Mullahcracy

Iran has sentenced to death a journalist whose online work helped inspire nationwide economic protests in 2017.

Ruhollah Zam had returned to Iran under unclear circumstances and was subsequently arrested. Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili announced Zam’s sentence on Tuesday.

Zam had run a website called AmadNews that posted embarrassing videos and information about Iranian officials. He had been living and working in exile in Paris before being convinced into returning to Iran, where he was arrested in October 2019.

Zam later appeared in televised confessions, where he offered an apology for his past activities.

Zam ran a channel on the messaging app Telegram that spread messages about upcoming protests in 2017 and shared videos from the demonstration. That gained him widespread notoriety at the time, including from Iranian authorities wanting to end the protests.

Telegram shut down the channel as a result of Iranian government complaints that it spread information about how to make petrol bombs. The channel later continued under a different name.

Zam is the son of the Shia cleric Mohammad Ali Zam, a reformist who served in a government policy position in the early 1980s. The cleric wrote a letter published by Iranian media in July 2017 in which he said he would not support his son over AmadNews’s reporting and messages on its Telegram channel.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
So much for freedom of speech. This is how Ee-ron handles anyone who dare rise up against the Mullahcracy

Iran has sentenced to death a journalist whose online work helped inspire nationwide economic protests in 2017.

Ruhollah Zam had returned to Iran under unclear circumstances and was subsequently arrested. Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili announced Zam’s sentence on Tuesday.

Zam had run a website called AmadNews that posted embarrassing videos and information about Iranian officials. He had been living and working in exile in Paris before being convinced into returning to Iran, where he was arrested in October 2019.

Zam later appeared in televised confessions, where he offered an apology for his past activities.

Zam ran a channel on the messaging app Telegram that spread messages about upcoming protests in 2017 and shared videos from the demonstration. That gained him widespread notoriety at the time, including from Iranian authorities wanting to end the protests.

Telegram shut down the channel as a result of Iranian government complaints that it spread information about how to make petrol bombs. The channel later continued under a different name.

Zam is the son of the Shia cleric Mohammad Ali Zam, a reformist who served in a government policy position in the early 1980s. The cleric wrote a letter published by Iranian media in July 2017 in which he said he would not support his son over AmadNews’s reporting and messages on its Telegram channel.

اس بیچارے کو پتا نہیں تھا کہ اس سر زمین پر سچ بولنا اور لکھنا ایک ناقابل معافی جرم ہے اور جھوٹ اور مکاری کی بیساکھیوں پر قائم حکومت میں سچ سننے کی تاب نہیں
غریب، سچ لکھتا لکھتا اپنی جان سے بھی گیا​

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

اس بیچارے کو پتا نہیں تھا کہ اس سر زمین پر سچ بولنا اور لکھنا ایک ناقابل معافی جرم ہے اور جھوٹ اور مکاری کی بیساکھیوں پر قائم حکومت میں سچ سننے کی تاب نہیں
غریب، سچ لکھتا لکھتا اپنی جان سے بھی گیا​
Majority of Irani youth has apostated, I've talked to few myself one even living in Tehran via forums. They say if this is Islam what the Basij and Tireheads say it is, then we don't want anything to do with it.

Irani youth has had it up to its ears with this Mullahcracy but because of such tight authoritarian rule and large network of spies and a police state they are not able to mobilize into a large scale country wide movement. Inshallah that day will also come.

They don't blame the outside world for the sanctions, they understand its not against them but against their govt which they themselves are sick off

Zam is just another victim in a long list of victims of the Mullahcracy. Poor people of Iran living in a free and modern society got duped by this Indian Khomeni ( Yes he was an Indian )who gave them nothing but false promises into letting him take control. Any one who could and was able to, fled Iran. One of my best friends while growing up was a Irani kid whose family had fled after Khomeni came into power and moved into the house beside us. I dunno about now but until his late teenage years he could never go back to Iran because if he did he would forcefully be made to join the army and probably never get out of Iran ever again.

Lets just hope international media pressure gets some relief for Zam and maybe even he can get out of Iran for good.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I have many iranian patients and iranian families friends here in the US.
Holly Cow! the State of the Art, Five Star slurs***** that I hear from them for these Ayatollahs I cannot pen them down over here. That tells me the whole story about the state of affairs and the cruelty practiced by these fascist mullas in that country.

CANSUK

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
In Pakistan journalists are misbehaving with PMIK, spreading lies 24/7, create chaos in the country and do personal attacks. Many still cry for freedom of speech.

INDUS1

MPA (400+ posts)

Bhai, i dont know know the whole story but there should be a good reason for them to hang him. Like wise if Pakistan decides to hang Hamid Mir on towing INDIAN AGENDA of missing persons and four of those show up as SUICIDE BOMBERS in Karachi and misreporting AJMAL KASAB story , INDIA will defiantly make noises that its against human rights ,

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Bhai, i dont know know the whole story but there should be a good reason for them to hang him. Like wise if Pakistan decides to hang Hamid Mir on towing INDIAN AGENDA of missing persons and four of those show up as SUICIDE BOMBERS in Karachi and misreporting AJMAL KASAB story , INDIA will defiantly make noises that its against human rights ,
Apples and oranges. The Iranian mullahcracy is a unpopular govt specially among the youth and like Pakistan majority of its population consists of youth. There are no terrorists attacks just people demonstrating against the unpopular regime.

CANSUK

Holly Cow! the State of the Art, Five Star slurs***** that I hear from them for these Ayatollahs I cannot pen them down over here. That tells me the whole story about the state of affairs and the cruelty practiced by these fascist mullas in that country.

Yup, I've same experience young and modern Iranians who escaped from Iran not happy with the Islamic Govt, however, when i inquired and dig down got to know that they have nothing to do with religion they don't like and they don't feel bad while talking against Prophets and his companions they make fun and crack jokes about them. One of my Iranian colleague told me that In Iran Umer means crazy/coco. They think if umer didn't invade Persia, would have been the biggest super power on earth.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Yup, I've same experience young and modern Iranians who escaped from Iran not happy with the Islamic Govt, however, when i inquired and dig down got to know that they have nothing to do with religion they don't like and they don't feel bad while talking against Prophets and his companions they make fun and crack jokes about them. One of my Iranian colleague told me that In Iran Umer means crazy/coco. They think if umer didn't invade Persia, would have been the biggest super power on earth.
This is pretty much all true. The ordinary Irani, even in Iran really doesn't have anything to do with religion. In fact a practicing person, specially the tireheads are seen with suspicion as maybe being part of the Basij ( Basij is like the Savak or Gestapo of Iran )or some govt worker, so better to avoid him or keep hush around him.

And yes they all have a special kind of hate for Syedna Umar r.a. One of my friends from Larestan, one of the sunni majority area of Iran said if you name your child Umar or Ayesha, you've pretty much ruined that child's life. Already sunnis are extremely discriminated against but being a sunni and called Umar or Ayesha will just do you in

Minister (2k+ posts)

Excellent decision by Iran government, should be followed in Pakistan also.

There is only 1

بہت عرصہ پہلے فورم پر ایک ناصبی ہوا کرتا تھا عبدالله بھائی کی آئی ڈی تھی اس کی
وہ بھی اسی طرح اپنے تئیں ایران مخالف خبریں لگایا کرتا تھا
ایک دن اس نے خبر لگائی کہ ایران میں تیزاب گردی کے جرم میں ایک شخص کی آنکھیں نکال دی گئیں ہیں ، خبر کے ساتھ ساتھ اس نے مغربی اخباروں کے مذمتی مضامین بھی لگاے تھے اور انہی مضامین میں سے ایک اسرائیلی اخبار کا مضمون بھی تھا
? ? ?
ایک حقیقت ہے کہ حق کے مخالفین کی عقل ماری جاتی ہے
نوٹ: انگریزی کو برتری کا سبب سمجھنے والے احمق قوٹ کرنے سے اجتناب کریں
شکریہ

Hate_Nooras

I always get the feeling that the Mullahs are holding hostage people that either don't want to be Muslims or Islam the Mullahs propogate. For example I have yet to meet an Iranian that doesn't eat haram meat.

A.G.Uddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Only difference is one stands up to an authoritarian theocracy while other maligns elected leaders, you cannot compare our lifafas to him.

Honestly, look at all the way from Iran through Mauritania......they are all Muslim majority nations. How many gave you enough liberty to abuse king (or his family members),prime minister, president, religious autocrat or army chief? However their economic conditions vary. I agree that in Pakistan military generals have also played fishy roles in the past however our civilians need to be civilized first.