Is Pakistan a safe country?

AmandaJohn

We are looking to travel to Pakistan with my family as there are hardly any covid cases in Pakistan. Lockdown and isolation has taken a toll on our family and Pakistan is one of the few countries with hardly any cases.

Would it be ok for a Caucasian family to travel there? What areas should we avoid and where should we be spending our time?

Thanks

Amanda

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawood Hassan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Premium Member
Pakistan is currently safe for travellers of all genders. There are still security issues in more remote areas of the country, but after years of struggle with violence and terrorism, many places in Pakistan are now safe for locals and foreigners alike.

You will see tons of foreigners in bigger cities like Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.

This is a good time to come Pakistan. You will really enjoy northern areas of Pakistan.

I'd suggest you have a permanent guide with you for the trip. It wouldn't cost much but It'll be well worth it, as majority of the people don't speak English, especially in the smaller cities.

MrLad01

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistan is currently safe for travellers of all genders. There are still security issues in more remote areas of the country, but after years of struggle with violence and terrorism, many places in Pakistan are now safe for locals and foreigners alike.

You will see tons of foreigners in bigger cities like Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.

This is a good time to come Pakistan. You will really enjoy northern areas of Pakistan.

I'd suggest you have a permanent guide with you for the trip. It wouldn't cost much but It'll be well worth it, as majority of the people don't speak English, especially in the smaller cities.
Agree

pti4pakistan

Senator (1k+ posts)
Amanda, I suggest you stay in Islamabad as your 'base' location. From there you can visit many places by taking day trips (e.g. Lahore, and Northern areas). You will love it.
Also, yes Pakistan and super safe - safe enough for y own family (from US) to go there all the time.
Lastly, I suggest staying in a home (vs a hotel). Many great properties on VRBO/Homeaway and Airbnb

Last edited:

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
We are looking to travel to Pakistan with my family as there are hardly any covid cases in Pakistan. Lockdown and isolation has taken a toll on our family and Pakistan is one of the few countries with hardly any cases.

Would it be ok for a Caucasian family to travel there? What areas should we avoid and where should we be spending our time?

Thanks

Amanda

Most welcome to Pakistan Amanda.

Yes it's completely safe and daily life is much like normal even during the covid-19, as we have much less ratio of the cases.

As evident from YouTube videos of many foreign tourists, Pakistan is one of the most hospitable country towards foreign nationals, who welcome them as their guests, so watch a few YouTube videos and you will get some know-how about the region and people of Pakistan. Lahore or Islamabad should be the best starting point for you(and your family). Let us know if you want us to recommend some YouTube videos.