Is Siasat.pk unintentionally giving platform to yellow journalism?

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
I am opening siasat.pk less and less due to this nagging feeling. I understand that it is an online forum and everyone is free to share their opinion but what I fail to understand that why we have to discuss what Saleem safi (a complete idiot) has to say about anything. Most of journalism in Pakistan is about lying ass sparrows and untrue predictions of najoomis like Najam sethi and Dr.Shahid. Bullshit journalists like Kamran shahid or Wasim Badami, whose opinions should not matter even in their own homes are featured on the sidebar. I mean nowadays 90% of all posts are just bhongiyan by some anchor.
I know for the openness it is required to allow all people to say what they want but it is depressing like hell.

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am opening siasat.pk less and less due to this nagging feeling. I understand that it is an online forum and everyone is free to share their opinion but what I fail to understand that why we have to discuss what Saleem safi (a complete idiot) has to say about anything. Most of journalism in Pakistan is about lying ass sparrows and untrue predictions of najoomis like Najam sethi and Dr.Shahid. Bullshit journalists like Kamran shahid or Wasim Badami, whose opinions should not matter even in their own homes are featured on the sidebar. I mean nowadays 90% of all posts are just bhongiyan by some anchor.
I know for the openness it is required to allow all people to say what they want but it is depressing like hell.

ahan,, so what should be the solution? which journalists posts should be allowed other than sidiq jan and sabir?

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
ahan,, so what should be the solution? which journalists posts should be allowed other than sidiq jan and sabir?
I don't want to change the forum but it would be helpful if we could have fewer brain farts from lafafas, they literally spew oral garbage. I don't care if you are against the PTI government but say something factual, you are supposed to be a journalist, not a najoomi.

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
90% of all posts are just bhongiyan by some anchor.
Forum is just reflecting what is happening in media. It's not like this forum is creating the news or responsible for what anchors say.

I find it amusing to hear what anchors say, because when it does or doesn't happened we can then judge how accurate an anchor is or not.

for example, I still remember an anchor (Maalick) saying just before of after GE2018 that his news is that 99% Zardari is going to be president!

Oppostion Is Mafia

Minister (2k+ posts)
You are 100% right thats why news rating has fallen and entrainment is up. Public knows those are criminals talking on talk shows. Part of corrupt mafias and there servant like Mansoor, Seti, Hamid Mir, Shohail Warich, and many more.

Munawarkhan

I understand that it is an online forum and everyone is free to share their opinion

I believe your answer is in your own question. Why place censorship on content that is getting aired on mainstream media. Let the people decide who's an idiot or who isn't.

The question you can raise is when Siasat.pk publishes an article without verifiable sources & it turns out to be a fake story.

Hunter__

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
they blocked me after when I share Dr Israr Ahmed's video, now i cannot post anything except comments

mughals

sex sells not poverty

mughals

I don't want to change the forum but it would be helpful if we could have fewer brain farts from lafafas, they literally spew oral garbage. I don't care if you are against the PTI government but say something factual, you are supposed to be a journalist, not a najoomi.
yellow journalism is spread by some common posters like arifkarim etc. There should be a limit for people to post new threads or ways to ignore threads from people you ignored. I have ignored people but their useless threads show up as titles.

wasiqjaved

Siasat.pk's business model is to generate as much traffic as possible - which results in revenue and that's how they pay their bills. So, for them, they want to cater to all sorts of audiences and also want to be fair to everyone. Ab normal journalist kaam ki baat keray ga jo koi nahi sune ga aur Saleem Lifafi hasb-e-aadat shurul chhorey ga jo ke masalay se bhari ho gi aur news ban jae gi.

We might have Saleem Lifafi's fans here but what actually happens is ... even if someone like me who despise Saleem Lifafi, I also contribute in generating traffic and revenue by typing golden words for such fart mouth journalist.

Sadly, this is the business model here. Facebook, Google also do the same $hit.

Last edited:

Masud Rajaa

Siasat member
Only zulfiqar's favourite journalists should be allowed :P

Masud Rajaa

Siasat member
I believe your answer is in your own question. Why place censorship on content that is getting aired on mainstream media. Let the people decide who's an idiot or who isn't.

The question you can raise is when Siasat.pk publishes an article without verifiable sources & it turns out to be a fake story.
Show us such a post

Masud Rajaa

Siasat member
Siasat.pk's business model is to generate as much traffic as possible - which results in revenue and that's how they pay their bills. So, for them, they want to cater to all sorts of audiences and also want to be fair to everyone. Ab normal journalist kaam ki baat keray ga jo koi nahi sune ga aur Saleem Lifafi hasb-e-aadat shurul chhorey ga jo ke masalay se bhari ho gi aur news ban jae gi.

We might have Saleem Lifafi's fans here but what actually happens is ... even if someone like me who despise Saleem Lifafi, I also contribute in generating traffic and revenue by typing golden words for such fart mouth journalist.

summed it up perfectly

alis

MPA (400+ posts)

Yes, I agree. I know my post is a problem without a real solution. It was just a statement that it is pushing me away from this site.