Isnt it time to ponder?

Humble Pakistani

Councller (250+ posts)
My Nephew who is in his late teen suffers from a degenerating disease called Multiple sclerosis. He fell very ill just a few days ago and was admitted to ICU with many complications in Michigan, USA. He just finished his high school. His commencement ceremony was yesterday. This child works twice as much as a normal child to do anything. He is on a wheel chair, but still attended school and was looking forward to his graduation ceremony. Although his condition started deteriorating a few weeks ago; he was still very hopeful of making it to his graduation ceremony. Allah SWT is very merciful! Last week, Shayan started to show signs of improvement and he was taken off the breathing machines. He is still in the hospital, and still being administered, but his school and the hospital staff just could not let a young man down on his graduation day without a ceremony. The hospital and his school arranged a special convocation ceremony for him at the hospital which was attended by my sisters family and friends. It was a befitting tribute to a young graduate. The school principal and the teachers all came to the hospital and awarded him his diploma. Shayan dressed in his gown and cap received his High School Diploma while the doctors monitored him. This is one brave child and a system that stands behind him along with his parents and siblings.

I decided to share this personal story because I was just reading that a school near Peshawar was blown up by the terrorists. Education is so important and mandatory for all Muslims. When will our Islamic scholars realize the seriousness of this offence and take a full stance? It is mandatory for all Muslims to study the sciences and arts along with Islam. The Holy Quran is a book of science, history, jurisprudence and it gives us a complete code of conduct. Unless we educate ourselves we cannot understand the book that Allah SWT has sent to us through his prophet. Allah SWT says in the Quran, here is a loose translation, I have made this book easy for you, so you can read understand and ponder over it. Education is necessary to do all three things that Allah SWT has commanded us to do. So why can our learned scholars tell these terrorists that EDUCATION is our only salvation. It will make out journey to enter paradise easy. Isnt that what every Muslim strives for? Allah says if you kill an innocent your abode will be hell fire for eternity. Are you going to argue with your Lord that no I did not kill innocent in a mosque bombing! They were actually kuffar. I really think that the current state in some way is a reflection of our deeds. It hurts to see a nation without any compassion for another being. We call ourselves Muslims; whose prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is sent as mercy for all worlds. Where is mercy in us? We expect Allah SWT to forgive even the biggest of our sins, yet we ourselves cannot forgive anyone for even littlest of their sins. Isnt it time to ponder?

Source:http://www.pkhope.com/isn’t-it-time-to-ponder/