Jordan scrambles to affirm its custodianship of al-Aqsa mosque

shafali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Jordan is scrambling to affirm its custodianship of the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem after a meeting between Israeli and Saudi leaders raised fears in Amman that the fate of one of Islam’s holiest sites could be up for grabs in a normalisation deal between the two countries.

Warming relations between Saudi Arabia and Israel, capped by a weekend visit by Benjamin Netanyahu to the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, have alarmed Jordanian leaders already unnerved by Riyadh’s regional posturing. They fear al-Aqsa could be in play as the Trump administration tries to secure a regional legacy in its dying weeks.

Without apparent prompting, the Jordanian foreign ministry released a statement on Wednesday night challenging “attempts to alter the historical and legal status quo” of the mosque. A spokesman, Daifallah al-Fayez, said: “The kingdom will continue its efforts to protect and care for the mosque, and preserve the rights of all Muslims to it in compliance with the Hashemite custodianship of Jerusalem’s Muslim and Christian holy sites.”

Full article:

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Jordan is scrambling to affirm its custodianship of the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem after a meeting between Israeli and Saudi leaders raised fears in Amman that the fate of one of Islam’s holiest sites could be up for grabs in a normalisation deal between the two countries.

Warming relations between Saudi Arabia and Israel, capped by a weekend visit by Benjamin Netanyahu to the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, have alarmed Jordanian leaders already unnerved by Riyadh’s regional posturing. They fear al-Aqsa could be in play as the Trump administration tries to secure a regional legacy in its dying weeks.

Without apparent prompting, the Jordanian foreign ministry released a statement on Wednesday night challenging “attempts to alter the historical and legal status quo” of the mosque. A spokesman, Daifallah al-Fayez, said: “The kingdom will continue its efforts to protect and care for the mosque, and preserve the rights of all Muslims to it in compliance with the Hashemite custodianship of Jerusalem’s Muslim and Christian holy sites.”

Full article:

Pasha: Like I told you I'm watching Payitaht Abdul Hamid (and yourself too) these days and now we see with our own eyes what Zionists and Aal e Saud are once again doing hand in hand. This present situation is the copycat of the machinations of Zionists to bring down Caliphate and Abdul Hamid. At that time also this Aal e Saud stabbed The Caliph with the help of jews and Britain plus Russia, France Italy and America and the same history has started repeating itself.
O' Man! this is scary.

Islamabadiya

Pasha: Like I told you I'm watching Payitaht Abdul Hamid (and yourself too) these days and now we see with our own eyes what Zionists and Aal e Saud are once again doing hand in hand. This present situation is the copycat of the machinations of Zionists to bring down Caliphate and Abdul Hamid. At that time also this Aal e Saud stabbed The Caliph with the help of jews and Britain plus Russia, France Italy and America and the same history has started repeating itself.
O' Man! this is scary.

And what are they intending to bring down this time ? They are already in control of everything. Sad but true.

shafali

O' Man! this is scary.
Agree with everything you said. If you install puppets of your choice, they are obliged to obey you and this is what Al Saud is doing for the West. Even if the Arabs keep making anti- Ottoman films, ordinary Muslims won't buy their narrative. Ertugrul and other Turkish dramas are great examples of this.

A.jokhio

Minister (2k+ posts)
O' Man! this is scary.
No need to fear...just prepare yourself...Husbunal Allah e wa naimal wakeel...

michael jutt

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Full article:
yahudi will take their temple back .

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
it is chocking .

Okay let's see....

I used the word choking which essentially is a phenomenon which occurs when breathing is impeded by a constricted or obstructed throat or windpipe is.... of course a medical term and generally used when the air flow is blocked..... leading to death.

Your word chocking has different connotation..... it means to prevent the forward movement of a wheel or vehicle with a chock.

Now use your discretion as to which word you wanna use in the subject matter under discussion.