Judges Appointment through CSS not by Chambers reference (Stop Nepotism)

Common_pakistani

MPA (400+ posts)
Judges in Pakistan High courts appointed on the references by the big chambers or proposed by the CJ of that high court.
Through this process it is clear that nepotism paly a major role to appoint the Judge.
That is the main reason that on seventy years we unable to quote 7 honest judges in Pakistan history.
To support my point of view just look through the appointment of Ex CJ Sajjad Shah by PPP and Ex CJ Saeed uz Zaman Siddique by PMLN and current vital example of Ex-CJ Iftikhar Chauhdry. Who unable to know what gold mine his son explore in his government house to visit the Paris with family. This judge did not allow to work PPP government on behalf of RANA Sana (his first cousin) to paved the path of PMLN government in 2013.
Let leave the history I would like to suggest , already suggested on various forum but as only a common man unable to get notice by the people. As our slavery mentality is not ale to accept any good idea from the common it should come from big name / mouths, not big minds.

All the judges in Pakistan should be appointed through CSS exam for law graduates may be add the condition of practice hours in various courts.

Only due to this way real talented and honest common man of Pakistan will be appointed to courts.
support cause to appoint the judges on merit not by nepotism

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I totally agreed with you.. There are many current and ex top judges appointed by Mafias parties for Thiers favour in court cases..Still in civil courts.. session courts.. powerful peoples buying the judges easily to win the cases..Judges appointment procedure must be changed and make sure no incompetent person become a judge at any level..

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
Judges must not be from Lawyers. 90% lawyers are corrupt or engaging corrupt practices. They know how to buy judges.

Common_pakistani

MPA (400+ posts)
I totally agreed with you.. There are many current and ex top judges appointed by Mafias parties for Thiers favour in court cases..Still in civil courts.. session courts.. powerful peoples buying the judges easily to win the cases..Judges appointment procedure must be changed and make sure no incompetent person become a judge at any level..
We common people of Pakistan should raise our voices where ever we can. We are not demanding any thing against government / state or any other institute.
Just a clear transparency and merit in appointments.

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
I didn't say he should not be a law graduate. Off course he must have knowledge accordingly. He also have Quran and Sunnah fiqa knowledge as well. Becoming a judge you dont need to be a lawyer.
I am sure you've not came across with these in your life otherwise you should understand the point.

Dear Then how they know the law if he is not Law graduate, it is normal Chief Engineer should be engineering graduate.
Doctor should be medical graduate and judge should be Law graduate.

Thunderstorm

Senator (1k+ posts)
I didn't say he should not be a law graduate. Off course he must have knowledge accordingly. He also have Quran and Sunnah fiqa knowledge as well. Becoming a judge you dont need to be a lawyer.
I am sure you've not came across with these in your life otherwise you should understand the point.
After becoming law graduate, you just have to apply for license in order to be a lawyer. A law graduate has to practice law in lower courts to strengthen and preserve his knowledge of law.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Allama Iqbal, Liaquat Ali Khan etc. were all lawyers.

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
I totally agree with you but we are not living beteen Jinnah, Iqbal calibar peoples. Even 30 years ago i have seen peoples were honest and truthful in the publoc service. But today majority has faith on worldy greed. A corrupt lawyer can only produce a corrupt judge. A honest judge will be transferred to Judges academy.

After becoming law graduate, you just have to apply for license in order to be a lawyer. A law graduate has to practice law in lower courts to strengthen and preserve his knowledge of law.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Allama Iqbal, Liaquat Ali Khan etc. were all lawyers.

Eyeaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Judges in Pakistan High courts appointed on the references by the big chambers or proposed by the CJ of that high court.
Through this process it is clear that nepotism paly a major role to appoint the Judge.
That is the main reason that on seventy years we unable to quote 7 honest judges in Pakistan history.
To support my point of view just look through the appointment of Ex CJ Sajjad Shah by PPP and Ex CJ Saeed uz Zaman Siddique by PMLN and current vital example of Ex-CJ Iftikhar Chauhdry. Who unable to know what gold mine his son explore in his government house to visit the Paris with family. This judge did not allow to work PPP government on behalf of RANA Sana (his first cousin) to paved the path of PMLN government in 2013.
Let leave the history I would like to suggest , already suggested on various forum but as only a common man unable to get notice by the people. As our slavery mentality is not ale to accept any good idea from the common it should come from big name / mouths, not big minds.

All the judges in Pakistan should be appointed through CSS exam for law graduates may be add the condition of practice hours in various courts.

Only due to this way real talented and honest common man of Pakistan will be appointed to courts.
support cause to appoint the judges on merit not by nepotism
CSS is already a huge problem and a cause of general incompetency.
We need professionals and well-trained people for the relevant job.

Better to have a separate Judicial Service system, exclusively under judiciary+law universities with no polical input whatsoever, for selection of judges from law graduates + two year traing course like CSS + year of internship in police,+ year of internship in a law firms or special training in forensics, economic crimes, investigation etc.
However, besides education and competence, for a judge it is most important to understand societal norms, local culture, people and social needs. Thus in many countries, local judiciary is elected.

Common_pakistani

MPA (400+ posts)
CSS is already a huge problem and a cause of general incompetency.
We need professionals and well-trained people for the relevant job.

Better to have a separate Judicial Service system, exclusively under judiciary+law universities with no polical input whatsoever, for selection of judges from law graduates + two year traing course like CSS + year of internship in police,+ year of internship in a law firms or special training in forensics, economic crimes, investigation etc.
However, besides education and competence, for a judge it is most important to understand societal norms, local culture, people and social needs. Thus in many countries, local judiciary is elected.
I suggest the exam like CSS, something proposed above will be applicable after through research.
But the reference should be end now. This system is based on concept of Kingship, Qazi ka beta qazi, badsha ka beta Badsha and musali ka beta musali.
This reference system is major cause of brain drain in our country.