KPK - Platform for Overseas Pakistanis

Sun_Rise

Citizen
Assalamo alaikum

Overseas Pakistanis without any doubt are an asset of Pakistan, therefore a proper and comprehensive platform is required to utilize this asset to its fullest extent. With the introduction of Pakistan Tehreek Insaf in KPK, overseas Pakistani's are now more eager to help but because of the prevailing internal security challenges they are hesitant to visit/move to Pakistan and invest. Hence a different strategy should be chalked out such that their physical appearance is not required for investment.

The purpose of this thread is to come up with innovative ideas so that overseas Pakistanis can contribute to the development of their country without being physically present. If ample innovative and practical ideas are generated, they may be forwarded to the Government for consideration and who knows they may implement them. On the other hand, any individual on this platform or any other may find them productive and may start executing them on his/her own.

One such ideas that I can think of is
Build a virtual platform under the supervision of the KPK government (to give it credibility) where investors meet entrepreneurs or entrepreneurs meet investors. A platform, similar to the TV Program "Shark Tank" will be of great importance for those entrepreneurs who are seeking capital for starting or enhancing their business etc.

I am looking forward to read your ideas. Thanks

--
Zahid Khan

desan

President (40k+ posts)
KPK government should have a fund on the lines of Shaukat Khanum....

People can specify as to where their donations can be used, for example
in education, hospital, infra-structure etc....

mchaudhary

Councller (250+ posts)
I think KPK government should issue interest free bonds of $1000 each. Overseas Pakistanis can by x numbers of bonds as per their will and financial capacity. KPK Govt. can use this fund at its will, but provide quarterly report of expenditures to all shareholders.

anyie1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I had been thinking to move back to pakistan for the last two three years. I postponed my plan and thought that i should wait for elections, and if IK becomes PM then i will move with my family and all the business. My dreams did not come true. Then i thought that KPK can be a good choice. But so far i am not sure where KPK govt is heading .. I think they are on the right track but i have never heard IK bringing any plan for overseas pakistanis to come and at least settle in KPK . they should establish some sort of cell that can take care of people coming from abroad and willing to invest or live in KPK>. i am disappointed but my feelings and vote is for ik and pti

Last edited:

anyie1

If you drive BMW for so many years , it is hard to drive suzuki alto ... overseas pakistanis live without problems (with some exceptions) and when they see vultures waiting on the airport they shiver. I have spent half of my life in the united states and i still don't know where is excise office, wapda, water, bla bla bla ,, everything is just a phone call away... how can you convince me to come and stand in the line just to pay my bills or register my car or get a driving license .... things are different ,,, anyone who does not have an experience of living abroad will never understand,,, visiting other countries is very different then living in the system.. once you send your kids to school. buy a house , a car , a business, then you realize how different the systems are,, this is the reason people are not willing to come back and invest ,,, i love my country and i want to come back but when i think about the problems i sit back and stop thinking

PIND-WALA

I had been thinking to move back to pakistan for the last two three years. I postponed my plan and thought that i should wait for elections, and if IK becomes PM then i will move with my family and all the business. My dreams did not come true. Then i thought that KPK can be a good choice. But so far i am not sure where KPK govt is heading .. I think they are on the right track but i have never heard IK bringing any plan for overseas pakistanis to come and at least settle in KPK . they should establish some sort of cell that can take care of people coming from abroad and willing to invest or live in KPK>. i am disappointed but my feelings and vote is for ik and pti
In my opinion, there is no need to have overseas Pakistanis come back to settle there. Pakistan can be best served while staying here. All we need to do is invest where needed and wait for the progress. However if you are concerned with your family and children's growing up and lack in Pakistan culture and society then thats another case.

Bubble_in_the_World

MPA (400+ posts)
If you drive BMW for so many years , it is hard to drive suzuki alto ... overseas pakistanis live without problems (with some exceptions) and when they see vultures waiting on the airport they shiver. I have spent half of my life in the united states and i still don't know where is excise office, wapda, water, bla bla bla ,, everything is just a phone call away... how can you convince me to come and stand in the line just to pay my bills or register my car or get a driving license .... things are different ,,, anyone who does not have an experience of living abroad will never understand,,, visiting other countries is very different then living in the system.. once you send your kids to school. buy a house , a car , a business, then you realize how different the systems are,, this is the reason people are not willing to come back and invest ,,, i love my country and i want to come back but when i think about the problems i sit back and stop thinking

Dear Anyie1 .... your concerns are valid. for a person who has spent most of his/her life out of Pakistan would definitely have these kinda fears when it comes to settling in Pakistan. people have BMWs too in Pakistan so you can have one when you come back provided you can afford it because BMW here is much costlier than the country you are currently residing. Dont worry for standing in the ques to pay utility bills because things have changed in Pakistan too :). Every bank now offers an Internet Banking Facility to the customers for example I have an Askari Bank account and i pay all my bills right sitting in front of my laptop.

alisajid

Senator (1k+ posts)
Sorry, but our loyality to Pakistan is questionable ...... ( verdit of Former CJ Iftikhar M. Chodhry)

dagreat123

Siasat.pk - Blogger
i live in america but i have had a much more easier life in pak,apart from loadshedding and cng loadshedding what pak offers is in one simple WORD LIFE ,happiness even with all problems,in US is life is boring and routinish as if all dead people live around me,u just don't know the importance of your country if u dont live abroad!!GOD BLESS PAKISTAN with kpk government delivering i feel ,the destiny is far but the path of success is on its way!!

jason

For moving to KPK we need it to be peaceful free of terrorism and blasts then your expertise and capital can be helpful for the province and country.

jason

Yes it would be your choice and come with the intention of making contribution to the progress of your country.IK is only one and we need many more so if this country gets on the path of progress it continues.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
i live in america but i have had a much more easier life in pak,apart from loadshedding and cng loadshedding what pak offers is in one simple WORD LIFE ,happiness even with all problems,in US is life is boring and routinish as if all dead people live around me,u just don't know the importance of your country if u dont live abroad!!GOD BLESS PAKISTAN with kpk government delivering i feel ,the destiny is far but the path of success is on its way!!

100000% agreed.........These developed countries have any facility of "life" on door step but the question is where is "Real Life". Believe me or not, when I am going to Pakistan from UK, I get a feeling of sadness that "oh, I have to come back again........".

In developed countries, a person become a money earning machine along with so much restrictions for every thing. If you would want to do anything, you would think 10 times before starting it in the fear that what council/ police or any govt. official will react.... In Pakistan, life is just Chill out providing if one has bit money in its pocket. No restriction, no rules, Moja hi Moja :).

Last edited:

khan afghan1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Good Idea.KPK should also focus on small businesses like poultry ,dairy and the govt should
provide them with the platform where they can easily export these items to nearing AFGHANISTAN
and other middle eastern countries.

Fresh produce is also one of the product which farmers of KPK can benefit from it
my request to KPK GOVENMENT is to provide them with special flights from Peshawar
to DUBAI and AFGHANISTAN and Central Asian States.

PkRevolution

MY idea would be for KPK to look in province which things need to be done. MAke projects out of it and announce projects for Overseas Pakistanis to come and invest in it with very attractive offer from Govt. side.

For instance a fast delivery postal Service, Hydro Power Projects, Wind power, small business units, Fruit packaging and export units. Quality of fruit in KPK is really good.

Majority of Land is not cultivated in KPK. Govt. can rent land to people to cultivate. Poultry farms, Dairy products, Cheese, butter products, there are really many things to do.

PkRevolution

100000% agreed.........These developed countries have any facility of "life" on door step but the question is where is "Real Life". Believe me or not, when I am going to Pakistan from UK, I get a feeling of sadness that "oh, I have to come back again........".

In developed countries, a person become a money earning machine along with so much restrictions for every thing. If you would want to do anything, you would think 10 times before starting it in the fear that what council/ police or any govt. official will react.... In Pakistan, life is just Chill out providing if one has bit money in its pocket. No restriction, no rules :).

And i agree with you 100000% :)

zargaey

Citizen
Sorry, but our loyality to Pakistan is questionable ...... ( verdit of Former CJ Iftikhar M. Chodhry)
no ur loyalty is not, overeas Pakistanis are the biggest asset of pakistan and nobody can question their loyalty.
and i am not just saying it cause i feel this way but people in pakistan are proud of them and they look up to them.
bout the law, its for the present and due to the people in our Assemblies. they dont pay any taxes and rule us like kings.
the law can be changed when we have people in our parliament who are more credible.

Sun_Rise

Citizen
Every place has some sort of problems associated with it so the statement "overseas Pakistani's live without problems" is a little exaggerated. But it is true that the nature of problem varies from place to place. Evaluate Pros and Cons of place and then made a decision based upon that.