Let's Do Something for Overseas Voting

IMIKasbati

Minister (2k+ posts)
We all know that this imported government is trying to snatch voting rights from overseas Pakistanis. While concerned people have been very vocal about it but, the government seems to be in a hurry to rollback all the great initiatives of IK's government, and hence we need to give them and their masters (Bajwah and Co.) some strong message before it is too late.

The purpose of this thread is to share ideas of possible actions which can create an impact for right messaging.

My idea consists of following three action items:

1. Create a Hashtag:
Though I am not a Social Media platforms user, I could still feel the impact #امپورٹڈ_حکومت_نامنظور created. Hence I think we first need to create a hashtag and propagate it as much as possible. An example is #NoVoting_NoRemittence or #ووٹنگ_دو_پیسے_لو as many of overseas Pakistanis are not familiar with English.

2. Stop remitting any money unless it is extremely necessary, and that too by only unofficial channels.

3. Reach out to overseas community and convince them to be part of this campaign and also use the hashtag to make it talk of social media.

I think a successful campaign will cause sudden drop in the remittances and the social media noise will give them a message that things will only get worse if proper voting rights (not the one with special seats) are not given to the overseas community.

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
We all know that this imported government is trying to snatch voting rights from overseas Pakistanis. While concerned people have been very vocal about it but, the government seems to be in a hurry to rollback all the great initiatives of IK's government, and hence we need to give them and their masters (Bajwah and Co.) some strong message before it is too late.

The purpose of this thread is to share ideas of possible actions which can create an impact for right messaging.

1. Create a Hashtag:
Though I am not a Social Media platforms user, I could still feel the impact #امپورٹڈ_حکومت_نامنظور created. Hence I think we first need to create a hashtag and propagate it as much as possible. An example is #NoVoting_NoRemittence or #ووٹنگ_دو_پیسے_لو as many of overseas Pakistanis are not familiar with English.

2. Stop remitting any money unless it is extremely necessary, and that too by only unofficial channels.

3. Reach out to overseas community and convince them to be part of this campaign and also use the hashtag to make it talk of social media.

I think a successful campaign will cause sudden drop in the remittances and the social media noise will give them a message that things will only get worse if proper voting rights (not the one with special seats) are not given to the overseas community.
My 2 cents. Overseas Pakistanis are not going to get the right in the next elections either. So voting for PMIK will have to involve people flying in large numbrs to vote for PTI candidates.
And that too will be doubtful, as PDM will use its age old tactics of lost registrations, false registrations, double voting etc to quash that.

Allah_Ka_Banda

Senator (1k+ posts)

1. Create a Hashtag:

Thanks a lot. We need to post it everyday everywhere

IMIKasbati

Minister (2k+ posts)
My 2 cents. Overseas Pakistanis are not going to get the right in the next elections either. So voting for PMIK will have to involve people flying in large numbrs to vote for PTI candidates.
And that too will be doubtful, as PDM will use its age old tactics of lost registrations, false registrations, double voting etc to quash that.
Dear, i agree that they are determined to revoke our rights at any cost and what you suggested is the line of action once it is revoked.

But currently a lot of behind the scene deliberations and negotiations are going on. Our immediate action in making noise and stopping remittances will surely strengthen IK's position.

Even if they come to power again by using their dirty tricks, not having enough $ will always put them under pressure to deliver on economic front.

For me, i cant support them even indirectly and hence no question of remitting my hard earned money while these criminals are in power.

kashifraza

MPA (400+ posts)
N leauge agree hay overseas ko voting right dayne pay. phada yeah hay kah yeah log separate seat dayna chahta hain lakin PTI demand hay kah jo overseas pakistani jis halka ka ho wahin vote dalaye.. iss sey N leauge ghabrati hay :)

IMIKasbati

Minister (2k+ posts)
N leauge agree hay overseas ko voting right dayne pay. phada yeah hay kah yeah log separate seat dayna chahta hain lakin PTI demand hay kah jo overseas pakistani jis halka ka ho wahin vote dalaye.. iss sey N leauge ghabrati hay :)
Yes, that is what their plan is. Please see my last line of the thread text.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Since he was ousted this is what Ive been saying, hit them where it hurts. Empty out all Pakistani and RDAs, Send money only through hundi

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Theek hai bhai no problem. If 342 seats represent 220 million Pakistanis. Then do the math, how many seats for 10 million overseas Pakistanis, rough calculations say around 150 seats for overseas Pakistanis. Add those to the 342 seats making a total of 492 seats.

Then you need 247 seats to form govt. Those 150 overseas seats are confirmed for Khan. Then its just a question of another 100 seats locally just for simple majority.

kashifraza

MPA (400+ posts)
Theek hai bhai no problem. If 342 seats represent 220 million Pakistanis. Then do the math, how many seats for 10 million overseas Pakistanis, rough calculations say around 150 seats for overseas Pakistanis. Add those to the 342 seats making a total of 492 seats.

Then you need 247 seats to form govt. Those 150 overseas seats are confirmed for Khan. Then its just a question of another 100 seats locally just for simple majority.
normally half million ka aik NA ka halqa hota hay. iss lehaz sey 20 seats bane gi. not 150 :( albata ager apney apney halkey main vote dalay jain tao sub overseas pti ko vote dalyn gey jiss sey shaid 50 plus seats kay reasult pay fark paray. jahan jahan margin kam hay wahan pti ko faida ho ga

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
normally half million ka aik NA ka halqa hota hay. iss lehaz sey 20 seats bane gi. not 150 :( albata ager apney apney halkey main vote dalay jain tao sub overseas pti ko vote dalyn gey jiss sey shaid 50 plus seats kay reasult pay fark paray. jahan jahan margin kam hay wahan pti ko faida ho ga
Sorry my maths was bad. Instead of 10 millions overseas. I used 100 million. But thinking about it. Most overseas Pakistanis are from Punjab, KPK and Karachi and in that order. KPK is already PTI, Punjab might make a dent in some constituencies. Karachi now also belongs to PTI.

Come to think about it. having extra 20 overseas seats might not be such a bad idea after all. I dunno just thinking aloud maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong.

Also those 20 MNAs from those, should only be tasked for working on overseas Pakistanis and their issues abroad.