Like coke n pepsi?? Think again

jeelu

Minister (2k+ posts)
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/08/fizzy-drinks-and-fruit-squashes-linked-to-depression-3344010/

[h=1]Fizzy drinks and fruit squashes linked to depression[/h]

Fizzy drinks and fruit squashes are being linked to depression in a study involving more than 250,000 people.
Downing four cans of sparkling drinks a day raised the risk of mental illness by 30 per cent, while the same amount of squash increased it by 38 per cent, researchers said.
The danger was greatest for those who opted for diet products. However, people drinking four cups of coffee a day were ten per cent less likely to develop depression.
Reseacher Dr Honglei Chen said: Cutting down on diet drinks or replacing them with unsweetened coffee may help lower your depression risk.

The findings come from a US study looking at 263,925 peoples consumption of soft drinks, tea and coffee between 1995 and 1996.Ten years later, 11,311 of participants aged between 50 and 71 at the start of the study were found to have been diagnosed with depression.
Emer ONeill, from the Depression Alliance, said: Were really pleased to see that research continues to be done in order to raise awareness. Diet has a huge impact on mood and fizzy drinks, alcohol, caffeine can have a negative impact on a persons health when consumed excessively.
However, the British Soft Drinks Association said the study failed to address other factors, such as family history, and more research was needed.

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
gave up fizzy drinks months ago...I only drink fruit squash and sparkling water once in a while only..

jeelu

Minister (2k+ posts)
gave up fizzy drinks months ago...I only drink fruit squash and sparkling water once in a while only..

fruit squash is more harm full for mental health read the full article
and anything that contains sugar in access will make u gain weight
and squash has no less sugars then coke or pepsi

knower

Minister (2k+ posts)
actually I didn't stop drinking it bcz of my weight, bcz im pretty underweight. I stopped bcz I've alot of intestines and stomach problems

jeelu

Minister (2k+ posts)
actually I didn't stop drinking it bcz of my weight, bcz im pretty underweight. I stopped bcz I've alot of intestines and stomach problems

exactlly another reason to quit
i have irritable bowl syndrome so i cant drink them either orange juice with bits:D best;)

imm_arshad

MPA (400+ posts)
And cut fizzy drinks for even a few weeks and you will reduce wait easily

I did it when I was cutting on my diet to reduce weight...
it worked for me...
In fact I dont even go with packed juices , even if they mention no preservatives and no sugar... .just have fresh juice if u want to...

nuzhatghazali

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am avoiding to taking these drinks excessively, since I heard this artificial sugar aspartame may kill brain cells, and leukemia is associated with diet soda intake in both men and women.
But I believe taking anything in small proportions is not bad … but overindulging in anything is not good by any means.

tariisb

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
i don't like , any type of "cola" why only pepsi or coke ?? even amrat cola or mecca cola , name are different but results are same (bigsmile)